Ron Paul on Michele Bachmann: ‘She Hates Muslims’

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a completely different context and not what I am referring to. Read the story of Esther. It was about one eye for 75,000 eyes.

"An eye for an eye" are the 5 most quoted words from the Bible, and also the ones most often taken out of context. Add to that the least understood and you have the whole package.

Which is why discussing the Bible doesn't get a thread shut down. It is when people get nasty over their particular doctrine applied to that book that gets threads shut down, and is the very reason that discussion of religion is forbidden, but discussion of literature is not.:cool2:

Right, and generally it is the conflicts between Muslims vs Christians vs Jews vs _________ that cause the problems. I can attest that very few things get my defense system engaged more than attacks on my beliefs. Luckily I am somewhat polite. Others are a bit harsher. Those are the ones that got the rules to be enacted.

"An eye for an eye" are the 5 most quoted words from the Bible, and also the ones most often taken out of context. Add to that the least understood and you have the whole package.

They are? I thought there were others that were quoted more, but perhaps these are the ones you remember most.

Of course you don't.:laugh2: You are attempting to be oh so nobel in your respect of AD rules.:laugh2: Shame you don't transfer that to other threads.:laugh2: What you are actually doing is attempting to use AD rules to get out of answering a question because you don't have an answer.:laugh2:

Yep, you outed yourself again.:laugh2:

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion. :wave:

Right, and generally it is the conflicts between Muslims vs Christians vs Jews vs _________ that cause the problems. I can attest that very few things get my defense system engaged more than attacks on my beliefs. Luckily I am somewhat polite. Others are a bit harsher. Those are the ones that got the rules to be enacted.

Just because someone points out that there are other beliefs that are just as valid as yours does not mean your beliefs are being attacked. Just because someone points out that there is yet another way of viewing something does not mean that your beliefs are being attacked. I really don't understand why Christians, and especially "born again Christians" are so defensive. It would certainly seem that anyone secure in the "rightness" of their beliefs would show far less defensiveness. We were just discussing that in another thread.

They are? I thought there were others that were quoted more, but perhaps these are the ones you remember most.

They are the ones that are always used when someone wants to use the Bible to support violence and killing. Isn't it ironic how people claim that the Q'uran incites violence, but fail to see the same in the Bible?

That's a completely different context and not what I am referring to. Read the story of Esther. It was about one eye for 75,000 eyes.

Still waiting on a response to this . . .

And? There are millions of American Muslims. There are millions of Muslim converts world wide.They follow the teachings of the Q'uran the same as a Middle Eastern Muslim would. I happen to have access to someone that has been a member of the Muslim population since birth.
Yes, but they don't all belong to the Nation of Islam. The Nation of Islam is a very specific American organization.

They are the ones that are always used when someone wants to use the Bible to support violence and killing. Isn't it ironic how people claim that the Q'uran incites violence, but fail to see the same in the Bible?

I wasn't comparing. I was focused on your comment about the 5 words most remembered from the Bible. That is all.

Personally, I think these are the most remembered words: “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you."

Yes, but they don't all belong to the Nation of Islam. The Nation of Islam is a very specific American organization.

And? All that means is that they are not necessarily 100% representative of all Muslims.

Keep waiting. No desire to debate religion.

That really seems to be an excuse borne of convenience around here.:laugh2:

The question had nothing to do with religion. It was in reference to the Bible and a story contained therein. That is a discussion of literature.

And? All that means is that they are not necessarily 100% representative of all Muslims.
Are you sure that you know about the Nation of Islam? Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad?

Keep waiting. No desire to debate religion.

Then why did you respond to me in the first place? I'm not debating religion. I am debating points of fact about Biblical content.

Are you sure that you know about the Nation of Islam? Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad?

Yep. In fact, I will be more than happy to discuss any of the 3, as well as their philosophies and actions with anyone that wants to.

Then why did you respond to me in the first place? I'm not debating religion. I am debating points of fact about Biblical content.

Exactly. An excuse of convenience. "I'm not going to discuss religion" is code for "I can't discuss the Bible or any other religious text."

Exactly. An excuse of convenience. "I'm not going to discuss religion" is code for "I can't discuss the Bible or any other religious text."

Exactly. What is there to gain? As soon as anyone discusses their reasons, you or your posse will holler "post reported" and sit around smugly. I prefer to make my comments without defending them. Too bad, so sad.

You've got to be kidding me. What are you afraid of? The truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back