Rocky Mountain Deaf School??

Already have! :) it's deaf and HoH... so he'd be allowed

Infact this is from their Credo-- off their website:

We recognize that:
“deaf” means individuals who have varying hearing acuity (deaf, Deaf, and hard-of-hearing)

:thumb: but FJ's point is that if you move to another state - its deaf criteria could be different.

:thumb: but FJ's point is that if you move to another state - its deaf criteria could be different.

I explained his SSD and possible fluctuating loss and the newness of ASL to him in my inquiry email and I JUST (like 10 minutes ago) got the reply and the director is interested in having us visit, that 'the program would fit him' etc, etc. -- haven't replied to tell her it'll be a while before we do visit! :Oops: When I email her back I'll mention it again-

But Adamsmomma point is she checked the specific school website. :lol:

but her son has not been evaluated by them yet.... right? Sometimes what they do in person is not the same as what they say in website. somewhat sleezy.

but her son has not been evaluated by them yet.... right? Sometimes what they do in person is not the same as what they say in website. somewhat sleezy.

Yes... :mad2:

somehow.... they still have money. magically.

Obama makes Houdini looks like an amateur.
:lol: Yeah, sounds like they are a separate country onto themselves; maybe they WILL secede, after all....:lol:

I agree SLEEZY!! Well I again brought that to the directors attention- so we'll see what she says... (also I want to get him tested again so we'll know if he's REALLY SSD or if he DOES have a fluctuating loss in that right ear-- still boggles my mind!!!)

I agree SLEEZY!! Well I again brought that to the directors attention- so we'll see what she says... (also I want to get him tested again so we'll know if he's REALLY SSD or if he DOES have a fluctuating loss in that right ear-- still boggles my mind!!!)

You brought SLEAZE to the director's attention?? :lol: J/K

Why does everyone think that Texas still has money? The good part about not having money is that the Texas can't afford to buy the crappy new textbooks with stupid changes.

Why does everyone think that Texas still has money? The good part about not having money is that the Texas can't afford to buy the crappy new textbooks with stupid changes.

Unfortunate they just cut out the parts with evolution! :P

and also - it's only free at state college.. not private.

more information's here - DARS - Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services FAQ

i am currently on this tuition waiver and you can be on it and still get pell grant which makes it free for all expenses. its the biggest draw toward texas education. but yes its hot here. there is the howard college branch institute for the Deaf in Big Spring texas but it is more of a tech college. Austin is a great place for college for Deaf....

Some Deaf Schools have programs for hearing kids who use ASL as a first language. Not nessarily the kids with severe and profound intellectual issues who use a handful of signs, but rather kids with apraxia, CP and other disabilties who while they can hear, they can't speak due to nereological issues.
Off the top of my head, St Rita's has a program for kids with apraxia. So does TLC in MA, and I think Beverly School for the Deaf does. Can't remmy other ones.

Back