Riots in Greece

Without TARP or bailout, US will be collapsing country and becomes worst Great Depression.

For me, if banks and domestic auto industries fail so I would prefer to nationalization of them instead of bail out.

That's a theory, not a fact. Some of the languishing auto companies should've filed for bankruptcy first, re-organize, redo the union contracts and start afresh. It's the unions that are hurting them in the first place.

That's a theory, not a fact. Some of the languishing auto companies should've filed for bankruptcy first, re-organize, redo the union contracts and start afresh. It's the unions that are hurting them in the first place.

That's your opinion, I do have opinion too.

We have to fix our own problems unless they "hit" us so badly for example kinda like Pearl Harbor for World War 2, and Lusitania for World War 1.

Leave it to the experts, I suck at economics. I nearly fail it in high school. :lol:

It will be coming here.

I'm surprised more ADers aren't interested in world affairs. I thought the complaint was always that Americans didn't pay attention to what was going on in the rest of the world.

Maybe it's true. :dunno:

it's probably because Greek situation is not Armageddon. It's not the end of the world if Greece went down. Dow's better now and Greece's got some bailout from EU. Everything's ok now. back to business.

the riots, death, etc... nothing new compared to Israel-Palestine, Burma, Africa, etc.

I'm interested but I've been too busy with the kids to read up on it.

My European friends are still talking about how they are upset with Greece being so corrupt and there have been claims in 2004 indicates Greece has lied about the numbers when it comes to the economy. EU countries at time were happy to admit Greece then, and have been taking money from them ever since.

Now, Europeans state Greece should have never been approved for the Eurozone as they had no way of living to the economic requirements. Europeans are not happy to award fraud to Greece with money. According to my European friends, countries are much poorer than Greece have to take loans themselves in order to be able to give loans to Greece. Ouchie.

They also said that tax evasion is widespread problem and is not able to be enforced. If Greece still has their own currency, they could used it to compensate and to balance their economy. Some Europeans outside of Greece have no sympathy for Greeks.

I do want Greece to withdraw the eurozone and print their own currency instead of hurt Euros.

I think we shouldn't be concerned about what's going on in Europe because Europe has never dragged the entire world into a free-for-all killfest. Never has happened, never will. :cool2:

I think we shouldn't be concerned about what's going on in Europe because Europe has never dragged the entire world into a free-for-all killfest. Never has happened, never will. :cool2:

WWII came close.

Without TARP or bailout, US will be collapsing country and becomes worst Great Depression.

For me, if banks and domestic auto industries fail so I would prefer to nationalization of them instead of bail out.

Ford made it without the help.....

Back