Return of the Great Depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that congress need lift the ban on oil drilling to increase of domestic oil and find other energy in combined then would reduce of foreign oil from other countries, especially greedy OPEC.

i'd like that too, but drilling in our own country is an expensive proposition that is easier said than done. it's not as simple as saying "drill baby, drill."

I would like to see more products made here in the US, while regulating the payrate on manufacturing jobs in the US because they pay way too much for those jobs, which doesn't make any sense. I remember the TVs and some electronics made here in the US back in the '80s and they still work today.

seq, yes -- they certainly don't make things like they used to. i still have an american made tv/am/fm boombox from 1983 that still works to this day. i also have a fisher component stereo from the late 70s/early 80s that is also perfectly functional. that certainly says alot about the quality of american made goods as opposed to junk made in china.

seq, yes, they certainly don't make things like they used to. i still have an american made tv/am/fm boombox from 1983 that still works to this day. i also have a fisher component stereo from the late 70s/early 80s that is also perfectly functional. that certainly says alot about the quality of american made goods as opposed to junk made in china.

The same goes for housing too! I have an 85 year old house and I can see the foundation..it looks so much different than the foundation at my mother-in-law's 10 year old house...already seeing cracks in her foundation...:eek3:

seq, yes -- they certainly don't make things like they used to. i still have an american made tv/am/fm boombox from 1983 that still works to this day. i also have a fisher component stereo from the late 70s/early 80s that is also perfectly functional. that certainly says alot about the quality of american made goods as opposed to junk made in china.

Yeah, I can believe that. :)

The same goes for housing too! I have an 85 year old house and I can see the foundation..it looks so much different than the foundation at my mother-in-law's 10 year old house...already seeing cracks in her foundation...:eek3:

exactly. i live in the suburbs where the average price of a home is at least $200,000. on the other side of town are homes that cost $75,000 but are constructed much better than those in my neighborhood.

I made a stereo, with components made from USA, and so far it showed that american made/designed (i assembled mine (and speakers)) were second to none.
it beated Rotels, Plinius, Conrad Johnsons, the canadian Classe', Altec lansing, even Bose' ......

I made a stereo, with components made from USA, and so far it showed that american made/designed (i assembled mine (and speakers)) were second to none.
it beated Rotels, Plinius, Conrad Johnsons, the canadian Classe', Altec lansing, even Bose' ......

Bose? When you buy Bose, you pay their marketing budget. Their products aren't really of great quality, ask any audiophiles and they'll tell you it's overrated. It's the same with Monster cables.

Bose? When you buy Bose, you pay their marketing budget. Their products aren't really of great quality, ask any audiophiles and they'll tell you it's overrated. It's the same with Monster cables.

monster cables aren't bad, but bose is a piece of sh*t.

I don't like Monster cables because they're overpriced and not worth the money, you can buy the same quality cables for lot less elsewhere.

monster cables are alright it just has to match the rest of the system, my cables are Jena Labs and Alpha Cores also the actual wiring for the speakers and the pre-amp used are the rare six nines Liquid nitrogen treated OFC copper wires ( i dont like silver too harsh) and the solders were quad eutetic (silver, copper, lead and tin) which are bloody good , smooth and easy to flow when soldering.

yah i agree about Bose....overhyped but yeah some people are duped into thinking its the state of art concealable surround system which is the 'whole point of Bose's marketing strategy' they employed.

in the system i use, have the amps, pre-amp and DACs housing the valves of the yesturyear era - think Slyvania tall boy 6SN7GTs CBS/RCA 5692s GEC KT66s, GE 5751s, Philips ECC186s..

for some systems you just cant get away with cheaper cables, its all the question of fidelity and synergy

hmm we all seem to go sidetracked about stereos lol, dont we think we should go back on topic of the very real possibility of the great depression?

well i do have one small thing to say, not only the severe economic hardship we may be facing but also the real possibility of WW3, and even if we get to this stage it may not be nuclear of the large scale but of 'micro managed' and shit even worse, strategic use of chemical warfare....simply because of the advantages for the 'winner(s)' is to regain the use of land and resource after the certain duration of contamination cease period. but then again this would be just theory, like, chances are , in a WAR situation using these, from all sides, would just end up being compounded combination made all the more deadly and much harder to get rid off, in other words, the consequences of these would be far worse that what scientist might have hypothetised for the rehabitating possibility.

hell, even if this, get so bad , the end will come, and the new beginning againm so peace will be at it again but we would never know the outcome, it might even just be Chinese winning simply because there's so many of them and the resource they have at hand to win the war is incredible.

i wpuildnt' mind having classe compone nts.

back on ypioc...

i reallyy do think peo'le sbould by american. buying oveseas only adds to heir economy when we coul'd use the money right hwere.

<cts boering me. hence tpos>

I would like to see more products made here in the US, while regulating the payrate on manufacturing jobs in the US because they pay way too much for those jobs, which doesn't make any sense. I remember the TVs and some electronics made here in the US back in the '80s and they still work today.

Yup, high tariffs would help to skyrocket of manufacturing job in US and create more jobs for citizens.

With high tariffs, it would make GDP in China to growing so slower and reduce of production at manufacturing, I"m not interest to feed on China to become #1 largest economy in near future.

I don't believe in free trade anymore, except for any imported food is Chinese or foreign cuisine should be exempt or low tariffs.

im not either, no body (outside China) wants it to be an economic superpower but i think they already are, the last Olympic games proved it, they had built superstructures for the games that are now extremely prohibitive in terms of cost, and yet it also brought up arguments about how the Chinese Govt had exploited cheap labour (or even indeed slavery??) to build and impress the West. China is a funny place, they says they're communists, im not so sure, its seem to be more like a giant Facists state with the ultra rich and the masses of lower-middle classes (in a certain illusion of a middle class), pretty scary actually

now as soon as we cut of China, im not sure how it could be done, but we do need to get rid of outsourcing and get rid of the fact outsourcing has been allowing the chinese to exploit their own. They are just as greedy as the American corporate they seem to have a mutual agreement on exploiting the rest of us. So um,... WW3 shouldnt be against countries but against the filthy rich bastards, i know this is probably one of the most naive observation to make, but for one, nationalism has been used to fuck over everyone, it is used to provide a kind of by-pass for these filthy rich exploiters.

I would like to see WW3, to be honest, it would then give as JOBs for the d/Deaf to hold up the civilisation's shops, warehouses of domestic goods (or whatever, even doing machining the ammunitions (women did all that in WW2) and then men take it back when the war is over) while the rest of the arrogant hearing fuckwits are out getting shot in the war, thereby loosening up the job pool and hence kickstart back into real prosperity times.

Another Great Depression? Ain't happen.

It's like chicken pox and we won't have another one again.

Ah-a... the Shingles!

Yup! Agreed!

My brother had chicken pox twice!

First one he did not break out as bad. Second one was horrific!! He even had them in his mouth.

So never say never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back