Return of the banned people! Part II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I totally miss something? I am kind of a newbie, but I looked at the thread to see the "fight" between Jillio and ASLGAL, and um... I don't know if posts were removed or something, but I've seen WAY WORSE fights.... and no banning was involved.

I believe a number of key posts were removed. The thread hasn't been obviously and completely sanitized except for, like I said, a few key posts...

such a stickler for ethics.... but cannot stick to simple AD rules? a few threads from political section were reopened with a stern warning from mods to keep it clean otherwise the action will be taken. do you see where I'm coming from?

I'm sorry Jiro, but no, I don't. You and I will have to agree to disagree on this. :)

WHAT!!!! Jillio banned for long 30 days...

Oh my dear :(

:wave: returning banned person here :wave:

It made me feel better to read the banned people thread as this was a new experience for me.

While in banishment I had a chance to reflect back to the threads that resulted in the banning.
Wow, it went down hill and couldn't have recovered.
The Mods did the only thing they could do.
As I was reading I saw where all of us in the threads that night were perceiving everything as baiting, inflaming, and insulting, even when we were apparently agreeing on a point we were arguing about it and perceiving it as a negative - including me.

Hear Again mentioned that politics and religion are flashpoints. That is certainly true, although I hope the Mods do not get rid of the Politics threads.

As much as we all are different we are the same and want the same things in life.

Anywho, :wave:

Welcome Back... :wave:

I'm disappointed in her. with her background as counselor, she should be able to easily show some restraint especially in debate. she's one ban away from perm-ban. *SMH*

Could you please try to see her as a ADer, not her job background.

Jillio has stated that when she comes on AD to debate, she leaves the role of counseling to other stuff and just come as herself, as the person. Just like I come here, I am not here as a teacher in some of the threads. I am coming here as me, Shel so when someone told me that because I am a teacher, I should talk or behave in a certain way..I say, "Am I in the classroom?"

Exactly

I had a bad experience with some ADers for pick on me because of my job... I find sad that they can´t accept the fact that I am ME.

I fail to understand why people don't see Jillio as a person. After all, she is a real human being. Not just a counselor. I have seen numerous posts and questions posed to her. And now that she's banned, many people are complaining about not being able to talk to her. If you really wanted to talk to her from a counseling standpoint, you should have PM'd Jillio. She's had to step in a counseling role in more threads than I can count, and then when others disagree, the flaming from all around starts, and people get banned. I myself have asked Jillio personal questions in the past, but guess what? I kept them in PM.

Jillio should be able to post in the threads just as an AD'er, and not as a counselor (unless SHE chooses [key word: SHE]) and as a human being. And no AD'er should be expecting a counselor to reply -- you should expect an AD'er to reply. If you were expecting otherwise, then go see your own counselor. I'm a graphic designer -- do I post my posts as a graphic designer? No. I post my posts as an AD'er. Nobody should expect otherwise of me, Jillio or ANYONE on AD.

crap. the link as above is locked.

if you guys talk about something else so personal than this banned thread then make a new thread!

thank you. :fruit:

you surely like that weirdo dancing around :fruit:

crap. the link as above is locked.

if you guys talk about something else so personal than this banned thread then make a new thread!

thank you. :fruit:

Finally that the other thread is closed, because I know it is not necessary to ask for ADers to sign on petition. AD rules are still stayin' rules - SAME rules and nothin' will change it. So, none of you will expect moderators to lift Jillio's ban, because they aren't goin' to until Jillio's 30 days are completed.

Please, do not create another thread about ban/petition again. :ty:

I fail to understand why people don't see Jillio as a person. After all, she is a real human being. Not just a counselor. I have seen numerous posts and questions posed to her. And now that she's banned, many people are complaining about not being able to talk to her. If you really wanted to talk to her from a counseling standpoint, you should have PM'd Jillio. She's had to step in a counseling role in more threads than I can count, and then when others disagree, the flaming from all around starts, and people get banned. I myself have asked Jillio personal questions in the past, but guess what? I kept them in PM.

Jillio should be able to post in the threads just as an AD'er, and not as a counselor (unless SHE chooses [key word: SHE]) and as a human being. And no AD'er should be expecting a counselor to reply -- you should expect an AD'er to reply. If you were expecting otherwise, then go see your own counselor. I'm a graphic designer -- do I post my posts as a graphic designer? No. I post my posts as an AD'er. Nobody should expect otherwise of me, Jillio or ANYONE on AD.

I agree but we are forgetting that she was banned per policy, not because of her profession.

AD is a public forum however it is privately run, so in essence this is like a restaurant or club. If you misbehave you will be asked to leave. However, at the same time this is a place where we are all AWAY from work and AWAY from our profession to relax, therefore our personalities and posts shouldn't be limited only to what our profession is.

If that were true then the only thing I could talk about is big box retail and education and how it pertains to deafness.

And if it were true in Jillio's case then she would not be able to talk about other things than what she encounters in her profession and she would have to remain professional - basically her free time would be consumed with WORK-RELATED topics. Believe me, although psychology and mental illness are interesting, it does get boring after a while, especially if the same mental illness is hashed over and over again.

Just because she is a psychologist doesnt mean she can't shed that title in her free time to come here and discuss things relating to deafness (she has a deaf son I do believe), and to also vent about life in general because guess what life is full of emotion.

The occasional playful insult is fine, but deliberate insults are uncalled for and shouldn't run rampant on any forum. We are in search of that delicate balance between tight rule by the mods and rampant membership rule that is right for our forum.

This may be part in due to we have had an influx of new members, our mod team has changed, and I think everyone's stressed out because its about time for Spring Break for a lot of people anyway.

If you find yourself too emotionally involved with a certain thread - just take a breather from the forum for a day or two and then come back. A lot of these conflicts could be resolved or prevented if some of us had a life outside AD. I know that's hard, but there's so much more than AD.com. Get out and have some face to face contact and more importantly life is always more fun experienced ourselves than through a computer, dont you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back