Restraining order against legal age boyfriend for minor daughter

Liebling:-))) said:
Heart2Sign,

Oh yes, I forget to edit to tell you something.

My friend´s 15 years old daughter Sina was pregnant on the same time as I was pregnant with my eldest son. The father of Sina´s child is 29 years old.

I admitted that I was shock about this situation as everyone as well because we all know Sina when she was baby. The counsellor advised my friend to support Sina, no matter what. She offered 29 years old to live with them and support child. He lived with them since Sina was pregnant.... still live with them.. until they are married and move out...

We met Sina´s boyfriend at family club that´s time Danny was baby... I´m surprised how nice lad he is... Very nice... He doesn´t look 29 years old... I was speechless and wrong about him... They talk about get married. Yes they married 4 years later after their child born and have other baby. They are still happily married now. I still meet them everywhere at family clubs, festival, etc.

Sina, her husband and 2 children have good relationship with Sina´s parents as not same what her husband with his parents. Sina´s husband lost his contact with his parents since this happened.

I have other friend of mine. Her 16 years old niece had a baby at 2 years ago. The father of her baby is 21 years old. They live together at my friend´s sister´s house. Niece and her boyfriend receive many support from their parents... Niece still go to grammar school after her son was born.

I am glad to see that every parents concern their children´s interest than worry about age legal.

Ok ok ok, how would you feel if your son - one day - 29 years old man dating to a 15 years old schoolgirl age - 15 years old.

Would you approval of their relationship one day if she is wonderful and lovely girl in your book?

She offered 29 years old to live with them and support child. He lived with them since Sina was pregnant.... still live with them.. until they are married and move out...

Is your friend let her 15 years old daughter to sleep in a double bed with this 29 years old man together at her house?

RedheadGrrl said:
Mookie, I dont see anything abt HOW DID THE MOTHER GOT THE SSN FROM THE BOYFRIEND?? DID SHE STEAL THE WALLET? Seem the mother is trying to get people attention to find a way to rid of the boyfriend. I have a feeling that the MOTHER don't like the boyfriend who maybe is under age, not 22. So she decided to find a way to fool HER daughter that her boyfriend is 22, have record criminal and use the fake name. The mother didn't TELL the fully story!! I do not believe this mother. I am sorry!

Wow I just love this girl :hug:

We are here share cons and pros about RO issues because it´s FACT. Got it?

:bowdown: Thank you Liebling, about time someone stood up! you go girl

Liebling said:
I am glad to see that every parents concern their children´s interest than worry about age legal.

What?? :ugh:

We are here share cons and pros about RO issues because it´s FACT. Got it?

Thank you Liebling, about time someone stood up! you go girl

who is saying we do not share cons and pros about RO issues? NOT ME.
The discussion was derailed as soon as Mookie mentioned Tracy, unfortunately.
All that time I am taking how Mookie used Tracy's case JUST AS AN EXAMPLE.
Got it?

Obviously Angel you don't understand my point, either.

here is re-cap:
Mookie wrote:

""What if mother of Tracy wants to protect her daughter's life from Buck Thurman. "

here is your reply Angel:

"I will not answer that question above cause her mother died long before she met Buck, and second, Tracy knew exactly what she was doing cause her mother taught her never get herself in a relationship where a man will more likely abuse her, she follow her mother's advice"

SO WHAT? Mookie question was HYPOTHETICAL. what if...?
That pertains to the story of 16 years old girl and her mother only as an example how things can be avoided if different action was taken.

and here's Liebling reply:
"
Remember Tracy was not minor that´s time she met Buck.

again, it does NOT matter. Because Mookie 's question is HYPOTHETICAL.
"What if".

(I didn´t know much about Tracy´s life but Angel will mail the DVD with Region 2 to me then I will know more

once again, knowing Tracy's life is NOT neccessary for Mookie's point..

That is all I wanted to clear up. It has nothing to do with pros and cons of RO.

Originally Posted by RedheadGrrl
Mookie, I dont see anything abt HOW DID THE MOTHER GOT THE SSN FROM THE BOYFRIEND?? DID SHE STEAL THE WALLET? Seem the mother is trying to get people attention to find a way to rid of the boyfriend. I have a feeling that the MOTHER don't like the boyfriend who maybe is under age, not 22. So she decided to find a way to fool HER daughter that her boyfriend is 22, have record criminal and use the fake name. The mother didn't TELL the fully story!! I do not believe this mother. I am sorry!

It is OK to not to believe this mother.
If this is the same mother that was on dr Phil, she did made plenty of mistakes herself.
But the fact still is, if the mother feels her daughter might be in danger, it is alright to check the wallet secretly. Better safe than sorry.

I also want to point out what the daughter herself (or whoever was that girl who wrote this) wrote:

"" Some people see him,
also, as controlling but that is their perspective, not mine""

May I remind you that girls and women (men too) who are in abusive relationship ALWAYS excuse and explain abusive behaviour. This is exactly what this girl is doing.
This is why women like this girl, like Tracy, marry abusers and suffer abuse until is sometimes too late.

Abused are the last to acknowledge abuse.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
Liebling, Mookie showed you an example and example only. He could have choosen ANY story but it just happened to be Tracy's. It could have been ANY girl, ANY woman who was abused and/or killed/ - ANY WOMAN !!!
That is the FACT - the woman abused.

Again, we are talking about cons and pros about RO, not use Tracy to compare with mother and daughter.

1. Mookie found Tracy´s link to compare with mother and daughter from the link, I provided is not sense to me because they are total different. I consider it´s hypothetical or comparing.

2. Later Mookie found other link about mother. It´s not hypothetical or comparing because it relate to RO issues and right link. I see no problem if anyone find the link about RO issues, not compare Tracy because we didn´t know her past background. Like what I suggest you in my previous posts that Tracy´s husband could be same as my step-dad.

You can learn and analyze Tracy's story for yourself, BUT it is NOT NECCESSARY to analyze her story to compare to Mother from your link. because ALL THAT counts is that some girl met a guy who later abused her badly. That is the whole point of Tracys' story- how it can happen to ANY woman. It does happen to many girls and women.

Yes I would if I learn more about Tracy´s background myself but not compare Mother and daughter from my link. I said that I do not interesting to make comparsion posts. How do you know that Tracy´s boyfriend is same as mother´s daughter´s boyfriend? It look like that Mookie tried to compare Tracy´s boyfriend with daughter´s boyfriend which is not acceptance. I tried to explain you about my step-dad then he could be same as Tracy´s boyfriend but you denied my post and listen Mookie´s side and agree with him to use Tracy for an example. Huh?

I already told you again and again that nobody know that boyfriend or girlfriend are prefect until after married then they turn into different person. A lot of parents make mistakes decision about their children as the same as the children make a lot of mistakes as well.

I know it wasn't you, and again Tracy's story was provided ONLY as an example of what may happen to a girl when she meet abusive man. And what would NOT happened if the mother chase him away in time.

See above

And here are the facts:

1.A girl who happened to be named Tracy met a man who abused her severly.
We are not talk about her because I didn´t know Tracy´s background before she was married to man.
2.Another girl, 16 year old, met an 18 year old boy who seem to be overly controlling, what worries mother who does not want her daughter to be possibly abused.
3.You Liebling said -wanting RO on mothers part is wrong.
4. Mookie said- but look what happened to, say... ummm.. Tracy! If HER mom got RO maybe she would be still alive today. ( I think she was killed but I man not sure, It doesn't matter anyway- abuse is what matters)

Tracy's story has some similarities and surely some differences. the similarities are both are girls, both have a BF, from this point on we know the 16 y.o mother is worried about BF being possibly abusive and wants RO. About Tracy we know she married her Bf which ended tragically.
Mookie used this as opportunity to say - look what happened in Tracy's case, maybe if her mom got RO in time it would not happened. That is all that matter for now.
But if we start analyzing Tracy's story and the 16y.o. girl story, then sure they might be vastly different.
A lot of stories like that are different except for one thing - for one who knows how to look, the signs of abuse are there and early enough.
The whole point of Mookie's argument is that Tracy's mother did not get RO and maybe if she did that would prevented what had happened. that is the only point.
You do not need to compare STEP by STEP Tracy's story to the story of "your" Mother.
Of course they may be completely different. But they share one similairty- abusive boyfriend.

:roll: It´s paraniod to suspect something for no reason that´s just because daughter cancel her 4 days trip to see Grandma in last minute. Boyfriend´s mother CONVINCED him to let daughter go. Got it? They are still together. Mother accept her mistake to threat daughter to get RO. I :applause: mother but you and Mookie? :roll:

because Liebling it depends from what point you want to analyze and compare.

No, I do not compare. Why should I? I only tried to answer your and Mookie´s hypothetic question. It´s him and now you who tried to compare and analyze Tracy´s boyfriend with daughter´s boyfriend.

Also, if we finish talking why Mookie brought up Tracy's story, (only as an argument FOR getting RO)

No, please go back to my first thread. Mookie use Tracy an example because Angel and I disagreed with mother for threat her daughter to get RO. Angel responsed Mookie´s post telling him that she do not give him an answer about Tracy because it is not relate on my thread. What she answered is CORRECT to leave Tracy out of my thread.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=508950&postcount=18
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=508957&postcount=20

we can of course analyze SEPARATELY whether or not the Mother from your link was right or not but that would be the WHOLE NEW ANGLE of the story.
We can also analyze Tracy's story, and compare.

Yes I would if I see Tracy´s past.. what and how Tracy´s mother did with her etc.. what she know about her boyfriend etc... RO etc.. etc.. RO issues etc.

The BF- he seemed to be manipulating the girl abit , and the girl herself she wanted desperately to be "adult" and mostle it was her who wanted to be with the boy. She lied a lot.

Well, Threat and blackmail could be the reason to force the teenagers into liar.

Check my thread about type of lies.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=20780

Bottom line is, she was 16, her place was at home. her mother was righ to want to keep her home even as screwed as she was herself. Fortunately dr Phil always provide psychotherapy for his guests so let' hope this family is on the mend.

Every parent´s decision what they do with their children. I do not influence on their decision but respect them when I see different view as them. I have no problem to support the parents if they have question how to deal with their children because I know the parents show how much they care about their children and want to develop good relationship with their children. I can understand that it´s not VERY EASY to deal with teenagers but threat doesn´t solve anything but worst.

Well to be fair Liebling every time I said "different sex different problems", you kept pointing out only about sex, treating different sex the same, (with which I AGREED) but you coulnd't understand when I said different sex - different problems that is why this keeps going on and on. ..

Of course I know different sex children have different problem.. So? You kept on talk about different sex children who have different problems but I talk about treat different sex children equal which I mean is develop my children into good path, positive teaching, love, attention, trust, etc. YES I know that they have different problems but I talk about TREAT CHILDREN EQUALLY, not that what you talk about their different problem. This is a difference. YES we all parents knows that different sex children have different problems and different interest. Huh?

I got perfectly well form the beginning but did YOU? because that is what Mookie tried to tell you- when you are a mother to a girl you worry about abuse and pregnancy and that is why 16 year old girl's mother wanted to get RO because she didn't want her her daughter to end like Tracy.
The truth is when it hypothetically can happen to a boy it rarely happens.
usually it is a girl who's abused and left with infant.

Unfortunlately no, it´s YOU who jumped in first place and lecture me and Angel because you think Angel and I misunderstand Mookie´s post. We are not, because we tried to not answer Mookie´s hypothetic question but facts

ps sorry for my temper tantrum -it was late and I lwas crancky.. :ugh2:

I´m sorry to disappoint you with my posts. It´s you who jumped and lecture me and Angel about Mookie´s post in first place, that´s because we tried to not answer Mookie´s illogical question.

Last edited:
Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

Obviously it seem YOU do not understand, Liebling and I choose not to answer Mookie's question about Tracy , why can't you respect that and quit harassing us good grief

Tamara said:
Ok ok ok, how would you feel if your son - one day - 29 years old man dating to a 15 years old schoolgirl age - 15 years old.

Would you approval of their relationship one day if she is wonderful and lovely girl in your book?

Is your friend let her 15 years old daughter to sleep in a double bed with this 29 years old man together at her house?

I do not talk about me but my friend... It´s their business, not mine. Please do not compare them with me and my children because it´s not my business but give HeartSign the example about Sina´s condition because her experience is similar to this situation.

I said in my last post that I was SHOCK about my friend´s reaction and how and what counsellor advise her like this. My friend was angry at first and thought wrong about him... fight with Sina etc... Tried to keep Sina´s boyfriend away etc... Awful fighting... but worst is Sina´s husband´s parent... Counsellor advised my friend not to do that but offer Sina´s boyfriend to live with them because Sina should find out herself either her boyfriend is good or not... My friend has to accept Counsellor´s advice and have to learn to know him better after live together with her and Sina, then baby. Now I have bad thought and wrong about Sina and her boyfriend. They are happily married for 10 years now and have beautiful chlidren. They are wonderful parents. My friend support them alot as what she can. They married when their child was 3 years old that´s time. My friend is speechless that Sina´s boyfriend is wonderful father and love Sina like goddness... support my friend and Sina alot... I´m also speechless as well... I know my friend is good mother... My friend has wonderful relationship with her daughter and son-in-law. I can image what happened to Sina and her boyfriend if she threat them? Of course they would run away and end homeless, or whatever... Sina thank her mother for wonderful support and plus she let Sina continue school after birth of child until she got good degree.

Remember, everyone are different.

First, men abused women.. and, then women abused men and, then NOW children abused their own parents nowdays by shootin', stabbin' with knife, and etc., etc.

One day, children will tell CPS everythin' about their parents what's goin' on in the house/ or about their religion children hate. And, even school teachers could tell the students that they are free to express their feelin' by tellin' them about their parents and, how they treat them ( students ). If, anythin' that goes wrong -- they could arrest the parents with lots of confused.

That restrainin' order is NULL, because of the 3rd party is out of the question when a 3rd party is involved. The 3rd party will do somethin' for the 1st person who files a restrainin' order against a 2nd person, because if, a 1st person do anythin' stupid against a 2nd person - then, a 1st person could be arrested for violatin' a 2nd person's property. Soo, IF a 1st person have somethin' to do with livin' in the past and resented about the 2nd person.. and, yet still have the restrainin' order by that 2nd person who annoys the 1st person so much -- that 1st person can contact to one of his/her friends ( 3rd party ) to do somethin' about it... to get rid of the 2nd person. A 3rd party can DO anythin' to destroy/stealin'/etc., etc. from that 2nd person's property...

You never know what's goin' to happen in between the 1st person and 3rd parties. It happens to some people like this -- they ain't that stupid.

It's why I said that the restrainin' order is no good. It helps nothin'. Is there anythin' that's better than the restrainin' order.. hmm ?

^Angel^ said:
Obviously it seem YOU do not understand, Liebling and I choose not to answer Mookie's question about Tracy , why can't you respect that and quit harassing us good grief

Exactly!!!

Why should we answer Mookie´s hypothetical and comparing question?

I will answer your previous question "What" later .. I must go now to fix the breakfast and will answer your question later...

CyberRed said:
First, men abused women.. and, then women abused men and, then NOW children abused their own parents nowdays by shootin', stabbin' with knife, and etc., etc.

One day, children will tell CPS everythin' about their parents what's goin' on in the house/ or about their religion children hate. And, even school teachers could tell the students that they are free to express their feelin' by tellin' them about their parents and, how they treat them ( students ). If, anythin' that goes wrong -- they could arrest the parents with lots of confused.

That restrainin' order is NULL, because of the 3rd party is out of the question when a 3rd party is involved. The 3rd party will do somethin' for the 1st person who files a restrainin' order against a 2nd person, because if, a 1st person do anythin' stupid against a 2nd person - then, a 1st person could be arrested for violatin' a 2nd person's property. Soo, IF a 1st person have somethin' to do with livin' in the past and resented about the 2nd person.. and, yet still have the restrainin' order by that 2nd person who annoys the 1st person so much -- that 1st person can contact to one of his/her friends ( 3rd party ) to do somethin' about it... to get rid of the 2nd person. A 3rd party can DO anythin' to destroy/stealin'/etc., etc. from that 2nd person's property...

You never know what's goin' to happen in between the 1st person and 3rd parties. It happens to some people like this -- they ain't that stupid.

It's why I said that the restrainin' order is no good. It helps nothin'. Is there anythin' that's better than the restrainin' order.. hmm ?

wow, you made a good point... I am agree with you for a first time!!!!!!! Thank you for make wonderful post !!!!!!!

I must go now..... I will make more posts here later.

Tamara said:
Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
But teen. mothers CAN go school if they really want to. It doesn´t mean that teen. mothers have to quit forever because of babies. They CAN do that if they really want.

Yes, BUT it will jeopordise teenager Mother's schooling, add up more years at school, (teenagers father don't have that!!!) harder to concrenate on school work knowing her infant newborn is not with her, it is hard to seperate baby/mother.

1. The parents take care of their teen. daughter´s baby to support them to continue with schooling (education).

2. The parents force their teen. daughters to abort their baby to consider their future education.

3. The parents force their teen. daughters to give up their babies for an adoption to consider their future education.

4. The parents throw their teen. daughters out of their house without worry about their future education.

5. The parents offer their teen. daughter and baby to live with them without support them with continue education.

See 1 to 5 points, what the parents made for their teen. daughters like that.

I judge nobody but their own decision what they do with their teen. daughters with babies but make 5 points in general way.

I personally would choose point 1. I would suggest/advise my teen. daughter to give her baby up for an adoption if she want abort her baby.

^Angel^ said:

I mean is consider children´s interests is:

We parents show the quality of our relationship with our child is build child´s self-esteem. It would likely to feel good about themselves and also yourself as well when you guide your children what right or wrong.

To me, it´s important to consider how I can help to build my child´s self-esteem. For example, children are more likely to feel good about themselves (good behavior, manner, etc.) if you give positive something to develop their strength and healthy behavior instead of threat, keep on forbid, etc.

Treaten doesn´t solve anything but worst... See the example about CyberRed´s post. The children would act like this against you and their behavior turn into rebel and bad if you threat them to get RO or whatever.. disrespect you... lies about you... etc. etc. If you want trust and good relationship with your children then help your children to see the sense, not threat and blackmail, etc.

I was totally surprised after read Mookie´s link about mother´s post. NOBODY interest about mother´s daughter´s health but worry over age legal. I thought people would advise mother to consider her daughter´s health but keep talk about age legal... To me, I focus my children´s feeling and talk/explain them why I agree or disagree... Teach children positive thing an earlier before they hit their puberty is the best.

It doesn´t mean that I support children all the time against the parents... I will be happy to support the parents when they have problem with their children because it shows that they care about their children and want to help their children, not bragging how good they did with their daughter in public humilation, punishment etc... If I have problem with my children then I would ask you all for the advise how to deal with my children because I want to keep my good relationship with my children and don´t want to lose my children and hurt their trust.

I feel that the mothers use "age legal" as an excuse because they don´t like their daughters´s boyfriends.

I would not run to get RO against my 16 years old son´s 18 years girlfriend or threat my son but talk my son if I don´t like his girlfriend.

I only consider RO for serious things like physical abuse, verbally abuse, stalking, etc...

I hope my answer satisfy your question... :thumb:

Audiofuzzy said:
who is saying we do not share cons and pros about RO issues? NOT ME.
The discussion was derailed as soon as Mookie mentioned Tracy, unfortunately.
All that time I am taking how Mookie used Tracy's case JUST AS AN EXAMPLE.
Got it?

You are the one who don´t understand me and Angel.

No, Angel & I are choose to not answer Mookie´s hypothetical question because Tracy´s issue has nothing do with my thread. Got it?

here is re-cap:
Mookie wrote:

""What if mother of Tracy wants to protect her daughter's life from Buck Thurman. "

here is your reply Angel:

"I will not answer that question above cause her mother died long before she met Buck, and second, Tracy knew exactly what she was doing cause her mother taught her never get herself in a relationship where a man will more likely abuse her, she follow her mother's advice"

SO WHAT? Mookie question was HYPOTHETICAL. what if...?
That pertains to the story of 16 years old girl and her mother only as an example how things can be avoided if different action was taken.

and here's Liebling reply:

again, it does NOT matter. Because Mookie 's question is .
"What if".

"

Angel answered correctly because Tracy is out of question and has nothing do with my thread.

And because my thread is about legal age and minor age.

Please re-read the title of my thread "Restraining order against legal age boyfriend for minor daughter"

Got it?

once again, knowing Tracy's life is NOT neccessary for Mookie's point..

Then Tracy´s life stay out of my thread when you know Tracy´s life has nothing do with mother and daughter from the link, I provided.

That is all I wanted to clear up. It has nothing to do with pros and cons of RO.

Yes, it´s do with cons and pros over RO issues about legal age and minor age. Got it? We want to know why RO is important...

But the fact still is, if the mother feels her daughter might be in danger, it is alright to check the wallet secretly. Better safe than sorry.

Again check my answer on Mookie´s question. Boyfriend told daughter the truth about his past... Remember, everyone makes mistakes in their past... My brother was trouble with police when he was teenager. Now he is a successful businessman and own big firm. Why worry about his past... It belong PAST. Look at Amy Fisher!!! She is happily married and have 2 children. Her husband love her and accept her past history.

It´s good that daughter learn the truth from him because she deserve it...

All what I want say is MOVE ON and stop being paraniod about everyone´s past!!!!!!!

I also want to point out what the daughter herself (or whoever was that girl who wrote this) wrote:

"" Some people see him,
also, as controlling but that is their perspective, not mine""

May I remind you that girls and women (men too) who are in abusive relationship ALWAYS excuse and explain abusive behaviour. This is exactly what this girl is doing.
This is why women like this girl, like Tracy, marry abusers and suffer abuse until is sometimes too late.

Abused are the last to acknowledge abuse.

Fuzzy

So! Let them to learn their own expereinces what good or bad if they deny their parent´s word. It´s worst if you overparent, overreact, overprotect, etc your children then your children will end rebel, disrespect, lies, etc.

Liebling's quote
I feel that the mothers use "age legal" as an excuse because they don´t like their daughters´s boyfriends.

Not really, we have the right to protest under-age children from peophille in real life.

If any man want to be a gentleman, they have right to respect the law and wait until the girl comes of age first.

Tamara said:
Liebling's quote

Not really, we have the right to protest under-age children from peophille in real life.

If any man want to be a gentleman, they have right to respect the law and wait until the girl comes of age first.

Interesting!

Do you consider 15 or 16 years old as child, not teenager? How do you feel when your mother get RO to keep away from your 20 years old boyfriend whom you love because your mother think you are too young and think boyfriend is a pedophile?

Of course my Grandma taught me what right or wrong and then let me focus my experience, that´s how I learn to improve my own mistakes instead of run to get RO. :) Thank God, they doesn´t do that to me. I´m glad that my Grandparents and parents are open mind when I brought few of my boyfriends I was serious with, to meet them. It shows that they trust me.

Last edited:
Sex Age Legal in the world

I found link about sex age legal in the world.

Male-Female Sex, Male-Male Sex and Female-Female Sex age legal in the world...

Sex age legal between 12 and 18 years old in Canada.

Sex age legal between 14 and 18 years old at different states in America.

Sex age legal between 16 and 18 years old at different states in Australia.

Sex age legal between 14 and 16 years old in Germany.

General notes

If more than one age is given then the law within that country or state varies according to region or circumstances. In particular, some countries have regional laws that may overrule the federal law. Also in some cases the age of consent is lower when partners are of a similar age. Where the symbol ? is used, information is either incomplete or unavailable.

In some countries the age of consent is higher for those taking part in commercial sex. In many countries the age of consent is higher when one partner is in a position of trust with regard to the other.

Footnotes

1. Queensland has a 'sodomy law' meaning the legal age of consent for anal intercourse is 18 and vaginal intercourse is 16.

2. In Brazil authorities may not choose to prosecute if the younger partner is aged 14 to 17 and does not lodge a complaint.

3. In Canada consensual activity with those over 12 may not be an offence if the accused is under 16 and less than two years older than the complainant.

4. The exception is anal intercourse, to which unmarried persons under 18 cannot legally consent, although these laws can vary between provinces.

5. In Germany intercourse is legal from the age of 14 provided both partners are aged under 18 (or 21 in some circumstances).

6. The age of sexual consent in Japan is 13 years of age, although prefecture law usually overrides federal law raising the age up to 18.

7. In Mexico the federal law varies according to the age gap between partners and is often overruled by regional laws.

8. In Portugal it is illegal to perform vaginal intercourse with a minor between 14 and 16 years old "by taking advantage of their inexperience".

9. In some U.S. states a lower age applies when the age gap between partners is small, or when the older partner is below a certain age (usually 18 or 21).

Notes on U.S. laws

The Supreme Court in the USA has recently struck down sodomy laws which outlawed consensual, same-sex adult sexual activity. In some states, it is unclear how the decision will be applied to their laws. If you are unsure about the age of consent in your state then it is a good idea to seek clarification from your state government.

"Law invalidated" means that the legislation was struck down in court and that the law is 'null and void'. It does not mean that the law has been removed.

"Law repealed" means that the law was removed and changed.

"Not defined" means that there are no laws defining the age of consent for this type of sexual behaviour.

Disclaimer
We rely on the help of our readers to keep this table as accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you know that the age of consent in your country differs from that given above, and if you can supply good references to prove it, then please contact us. Please note that AVERT will not answer personal enquiries about age of consent.

This page is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to inform personal decisions. If you are in any doubt about the age of consent law in your region then please seek expert legal advice.

* The average age of consent does not include countries where it is illegal.

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

My teeenage daughter became pregnant when she was sixteen. We just
found out from tests that she is six months pregnant. The guy that
got her pregnant is 18 and is obsessed with her. Both are immsture
and suffer from ADD. He does not hold a job and has been using drugs.
Can I take legal action including statutory rape or get a restraining
order to keep him from my daughter. She broke up with him until she
learned she was pregnant five weeks ago. He is trying to stop her
from going to counseling and wants to adopt the baby with her but he
has never worked never finished school and manipulates her. He admits
he got her pregnant without using any protection.
What as a parent can
I do here. She is now 17 and the baby is due in mid October. Are
there any boarding programs for teenage girls, And must he agree to
the adoption or can we take legal action to keep him out of the
decision

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=374843

It is perfectly normal for parents wanting to protect our underaged children from much older people who want to have sex with them. For example a 35 year old female wants to have sex with a 15 year old boy and a 40 year old man wants to have sex with a 13 year old girl. Do we as parents want that for our children? I don't know about you but certainly not me.

Mookie, thank you for provide interesting link here over RO issues. I will read the whole carefully before I answer here. :thumb:

Back