Restoring Honor Rally at D.C. Today.

Well, Restoring Honor event is still solid of whites with very small of minorities.

And the singers?

And the people who came like MLK's niece and others who praised him for his fortitude and bravery?

And the singers?

And the people who came like MLK's niece and others who praised him for his fortitude and bravery?

MLK's niece and MLK are not the same. they have different view. Alevda King is considered a rogue in Kings family.

Obvious sarcasm. Sorry you did not detect.

Perhaps my level of frustration grew as my initial question was ignored, and it became a discussion of how racist I was. If you read back, you will see the way it went. Oh well; another political discussion that becomes a trolling event. *shrugs*
Oh, so then you were actually mocking the suggestion that it has any appeal to angry white people "looking out for their own" or whatever. Okey dokey.

MLK's niece and MLK are not the same. they have different view. Alevda King is considered a rogue in King family.

Whoa, I just looked at her Wiki page. She is for equal rights unless you are gay :hmm:. Gonna have to search further

Whoa, I just looked at her Wiki page. She is for equal rights unless you are gay :hmm:. Gonna have to search further

empty your bowel and bladder first :Ohno:

you'll thank me later

I disagree, not interested to read this article again that you sent.

Andy is correct about Alveda King is against on gay rights and he is refer about Alveda King, not MLK.

I disagree, not interested to read this article again that you sent.

Andy is correct about Alveda King is against on gay rights and he is refer about Alveda King, not MLK.

"If Dr. King were here today, he wouldn't participate in this march," said U.S. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a veteran of the civil rights movement who marched alongside King. "During the civil rights movement, we were trying to take discrimination out of the Constitution."

The whole debate of "justice" and the government's role in defining marriage is already an argument with many sides. That said, in the context of the Civil Rights movement, the "rights" to King's legacy cannot be bought without taking into account the fact that he was a Christian man. And of all the reading I've done of King's work, speeches and books, the running through-line seems to be his commitment and devotion to God first.

I doubt we would ever see King, a man of faith, a Reverend, raised in a fundamentalist home, publically rallying in favor of a woman's right to murder her unborn child.

Based on a 2004 Black Entertainment Television and CBS poll, more than half of black Americans oppose same-sex marriages. In fact, this has been the very issue that has gained President Bush more support from the black community.

This "majority" is not new, but speaks to a culture that is deeply rich with a history of Christianity. As a whole, the black community has always been more socially conservative. That majority is telling. King represents a generation whose activism was rooted in an understanding of God's intention for humanity.

Back