Respect Marriage Debate

EyesBlueDeaf said:
This was my original statement:

God established marriage with the very first human couple, so you can't really go back any further than that!
and then Jazzy responded:

I don't think so. If He did then why so many men in the bible had many wives?They did not do what God wanted them to do, Obey Him by stay with one wife and not committed adultery against Him.
and I answered:

Because men are sinners and they don't obey God.

What is the contradiction there?

Your link doesn't relate to those statements.

I know my question is too dumb since I notice some of your posts saying that it's God who say about marriage law etc.

Who says that wife and husband wear as bride and groom (white wedding dress, suit) to marry in the church? God? No, I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy
I don't think so. If He did then why so many men in the bible had many wives?

Reba said:
Because men are sinners and they don't obey God.

Do you mean

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
and more?

They worship God and love them and do everything what God says. God didn't punish them for have wives and servant maids... :confused:

Just for Liebling:

Revelation 19
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Liebling:-))) said:
Do you mean

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
and more?

They worship God and love them and do everything what God says. God didn't punish them for have wives and servant maids... :confused:
They worshipped God, yes, and generally they were faithful. But they did NOT obey God 100 percent. God DID punish the men for having more than one wife, or having concubines, or committing adultery.

Back