Respect Marriage Debate

Condoleezza Rice forgot about God. She should have known better. Who was the very first person to institute marriage? God.

Heath said:
Condoleezza Rice forgot about God. She should have known better. Who was the very first person to institute marriage? God.
I don't think so... It was never "God" to begin with.. Don't forget when one mate then become partner for life in ancient human race. They had family long before the word "God" was spoken or written. come on use common sense. There were ancient marriage in Ancient Egypt long before then. Even Ancient Greek or Roman! **SHRUG**

Heath said:
respect.gif
Have you forgotten what the word 'respect' mean? You should have known better, too.

Boult said:
I don't think so... It was never "God" to begin with.. Don't forget when one mate then become partner for life in ancient human race. They had family long before the word "God" was spoken or written. come on use common sense. There were ancient marriage in Ancient Egypt long before then. Even Ancient Greek or Roman! **SHRUG**
God established marriage with the very first human couple, so you can't really go back any further than that! :)

Reba said:
God established marriage with the very first human couple, so you can't really go back any further than that! :)

I don't think so. If He did then why so many men in the bible had many wives?They did not do what God wanted them to do, Obey Him by stay with one wife and not committed adultery against Him.

jazzy said:
I don't think so. If He did then why so many men in the bible had many wives? They did not do what God wanted them to do, Obey Him by stay with one wife and not committed adultery against Him.
:gpost: There are so many contradictions in the bible. I know one person will ask me for proof... here's the link.. http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=489474&postcount=1
my 'bible' ... 1) be honest to one another 2) show respect to one another 3) do not kill 4) do not steal 5) do not lie and that should be sufficient.

jazzy said:
I don't think so. If He did then why so many men in the bible had many wives?
Because men are sinners and they don't obey God.

Reba said:

That's a religious belief with NO proof at all. Science shows that evolution has occurred and the fact that you believe in Creationism is not an excuse for opposing gay marriages.

And God did not say, "Marry first then multiply." He said, "Go forth and multiply." There was no marriage between the so called "first couple."

netrox said:
...And God did not say, "Marry first then multiply." He said, "Go forth and multiply." There was no marriage between the so called "first couple."
Eve was called Adam's "wife", which means they were married.

God performed the marriage ceremony.

Genesis 2:21-25
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

One thing that I think people fail to realize, is that when you bring up religious arguements in terms of marriage, particularly Christianity, marriage is NOT a "Christian institution." Christianity does NOT have a monopoly on marriage.

People of all races, all religions, and all over Earth practice marriage. Belief in God is NOT a prerequisite to marry, nor should it be. Before you start prosthelyzing, perhaps you should stop and think. I believe in marriage and yet I'm an athiest. Bringing up scriptures and quotes from the bible isn't going to sway people to your arguement if they dont' share the same religious beliefs.

Think about that before you start assuming that EVERYBODY subscribes to the beliefs of the Catholic Church.

Yea... Great... Everyone are REQUIRE to respect around, including civil rights, such as race, religious and sex oriention. I wish that MLK to alive and free speech again around here.

Heath don't know how is respect to everyone.

neecy said:
One thing that I think people fail to realize, is that when you bring up religious arguements in terms of marriage, particularly Christianity, marriage is NOT a "Christian institution." Christianity does NOT have a monopoly on marriage.
Christianity doesn't have a "monopoly" on marriage, of course. People of all kinds beliefs and cultures, down thru the ages, all over the world conduct weddings and live in marriage relationships. It was God who established the marriage relationship. Every since then, the world's peoples have adapted that concept to their own cultures and beliefs.

Think about that before you start assuming that EVERYBODY subscribes to the beliefs of the Catholic Church.
Who posted anything about the Catholic Church? :confused:

Clinoton created new law that passed in 1996 about allowing all states to have options to bans on gay marriage or not, then they need get over it and not supposed be complain to federal.

In Jan 2009, I'm expected that new president, such as Hillary or senator from Arizona would clean up all messed up with US system.

volcomskatz said:
Clinoton created new law that passed in 1996 about allowing all states to have options to bans on gay marriage or not, then they need get over it and not supposed be complain to federal.
Presidents don't create new laws; that's for the Congress. The Defense of Marriage Act was signed into law in 1996 by President Clinton. It prevents federal recognition of same-sex marriage, and allows states to ignore same-sex licenses from other states and countries.

In Jan 2009, I'm expected that new president, such as Hillary or senator from Arizona would clean up all messed up with US system.
That would require more than the power of just the President.

Reba said:
It was God who established the marriage relationship. Every since then, the world's peoples have adapted that concept to their own cultures and beliefs.

But if somebody doesn't believe in God, (like me) then the arguement that God established marriage is moot.

Who posted anything about the Catholic Church? :confused:

Point taken - I didn't mean to point out only the Catholic Church but those religions who count on God as their recognized diety.

Back