Reminder time for vegetable gardner soon!

I will post here to how to build an inexpensive miniature hoop-style greenhouse![/QUOTE]

Postpone till last April!

This weekend will be colder again :mad:

I cannot be waiting to move to warmer place in few years! :giggle: Anyway

TTYL! :wave:

I'm not worried.. :) my dad usually do that but really we already have some active trees by now.. lemon tree and avacodo trees.. and oranges from other neighbor but their tree happens to fall into our backyard :roll: but one more.. plum tree ;) but it's not ready til summer time :D

I have been happily eating fresh tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, scallions, radishes, lettuce (5 varieties) and green beans from my garden for the last 3-4 weeks. Just tonight we have had a nice salad straight from the garden.

Our pineapple did not do well and we had to pitch it. We will try again.

The seedlings for the orange trees are going well and they can be transplanted in the ground in a few weeks.

I live in zone 7. I cleared an area with heavy rotting foliage and have dark fertile soil with lots of earthworms :)

So far I have:

butternut squash
winter squash
yellow squash
cabbage
carrots
cucumbers
beets
lettuce
roma tomatoes
grape tomatoes
cherry tomatoes
green beans
bell peppers
red onion
sweet onion
strawberries
sweet corn

I have to build something because I want to plant concord grapes.

I am a zone 10 in California. I want so badly to have a garden but my family seems to think it will take away from the aesthetic of our back yard. My sister likes flowers not useful herbs, fruits, or veggies; she prefers to buy those.

My dad has a hydroponic but no one can use it but him and he usually grows tomatoes and cucumbers and way too many for any of us to eat before they all go bad...

Point being... I want to use little plastic pots and see if I can have a miniature garden in my bedroom with an eastern facing window with no blinds... ya think it will work out okay?

I am a zone 10 in California. I want so badly to have a garden but my family seems to think it will take away from the aesthetic of our back yard. My sister likes flowers not useful herbs, fruits, or veggies; she prefers to buy those.

My dad has a hydroponic but no one can use it but him and he usually grows tomatoes and cucumbers and way too many for any of us to eat before they all go bad...

Point being... I want to use little plastic pots and see if I can have a miniature garden in my bedroom with an eastern facing window with no blinds... ya think it will work out okay?

Ask your parents for a 5x10 plot in your backyard. Or, you could look for a community vegetable garden in your area.

most herbs do really well in pots in california! when i lived in cali i planted rosemary and mint in one gallon pots in my front yard facing east with no shade and they did really well. have fun! just make sure if you are keeping them on carpet to be careful about getting potting soil or water on the carpet!

Working on lavender plants, roses and primroses all growen from seed....

Lavender isn't working too well but others are fine...

Let us know how you get on Phillips

Roma Tomatoes sprouting after 3 days .... wow!!! Miracle gro soil is using steroids! :shock:

Back