Religion in Relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

OK I get your point CLD....but ahhh....Islam honors the same God...fyi
My view is that if people believe in a God and try to live in God's eyes then they can come to terms with each other. As long as each one's religion says to honor other people and your spouse.
Some religions make to big a deal out of this and that in itself can cause problems. People making rules twisting words to create hate rather than love and pretending to be teachers of love. Fanatics. self aggrandizing.
I think people are capaple of using thier intelligence to get along......don't let fanatic preachers tell you otherwise. They actually preach hate rather than love. Using God's name in vain.:cool:

Yes, it is extremely important to have the same faith. It does play a big part of my life. Have you thought about your kids? Where will they go? What will the consquence be if they are confused?

We married for love, not our belief. It's mainly important is respect each other. We don't argue over our beliefs but accept our knowledge that we were not born at that time and leave it. My hubby beleive in Evolution as I was beleive in Creatisum. We expose our beliefs to our children without say what right or wrong. We allow our children to learn religion and evolution at school and allow them to question us about our belief. My eldest son decides for Evolution and my younger son decides for both Evolution and Creatisum. I learn a lot from them and then forums, that's how I turn into Angostic.

Shel90, you have no problems bec you believe the same as your hubby.

I'm the same as Shel90 who believe in acheive our life with family with our strength than worry about relgion stuffs.

to conclude this... I guess its best to have the same belief. When a sticky religious issue pops up, it will hurt. Someone will make a lot of sacrifice which is not good.

Question: If you meet a girl, would you ask her which belief she have before know her better? Would you walk off that's because her belief is different as you instead know her personality better?

It's not just Relationships but friendship as well...

Accept what a person is mainly important than worry what kind of belief she/he have.

I have many friends who have different beliefs as me. It's great that we accept each other what we are. Of course we have good discussion/debate but we remain friends. Why? because we know that our friendship is more value than worry what kind of beliefs we have.

My cousin married to NZ Protestant as they both don't go to church regular for the first 5 years of marriage, until she found a religious Jehovah Witness, her husband decided to divorced her saying "Jehovah or me?" She chose Jehovah over him!!!!!

What would you do if your partner changed their religious later in their marriage life as I often see it can bring to the end of their marriage.

My cousin married to NZ Protestant as they both don't go to church regular for the first 5 years of marriage, until she found a religious Jehovah Witness, her husband decided to divorced her saying "Jehovah or me?" She chose Jehovah over him!!!!!

What would you do if your partner changed their religious later in their marriage life as I often see it can bring to the end of their marriage.

I would say that her husband is stupid! If he really loves her then accept what she is instead of blackmail her. I :applause: his wife for her choice... Why? because she know her husband see her belief than his love for her... so she choose to test him either he really love her so he choose to divorce her which his love for her is not strong enough.

Example about 2 American ADers, I met in real life at few months ago. His wife is Jehovah Witness, not he. He accept what she is and love her what she is. They are happily married.

I would say that her husband is stupid! If he really loves her then accept what she is instead of blackmail her. I :applause: his wife for her choice... Why? because she know her husband see her belief than his love for her... so she choose to test him either he really love her so he choose to divorce her which his love for her is not strong enough.

Example about 2 American ADers, I met in real life at few months ago. His wife is Jehovah Witness, not he. He accept what she is and love her what she is. They are happily married.

If he knew of her religious in first place, I understand that, he accept for who she is before the marriage.

My cousin found her new religious in five years after their marriage, she refused to sending their two children to normal school because she wants to be their own home schooling teacher at home, and ban their children to mix with others. It is not what he wants to see his children in this situation.

She banned their children to celebrated Birthdays, Christmas, etc, It is too much for her husband to live this life. He often come home to find she is not home as she go out to church study, three times per week and Kingdom Hall every Sundays, and travel far for once a year Special converation, he don't want to see his children to live this situation.

He want his family to be happy and celebrated together at weekend, christmas party, birthday parties, together but not seperated ways. She is not the same woman he first married her.

If he knew of her religious in first place, I understand that, he accept for who she is before the marriage.

No matter either before or after the marriage. I know the people who become different belief after marriage... like what I mentioned in my last post about 2 ADers.

My cousin found her new religious in five years after their marriage, she refused to sending their two children to normal school because she wants to be their own home schooling teacher at home, and ban their children to mix with others. It is not what he wants to see his children in this situation.

She banned their children to celebrated Birthdays, Christmas, etc, It is too much for her husband to live this life. He often come home to find she is not home as she go out to church study, three times per week and Kingdom Hall every Sundays, and travel far for once a year Special converation, he don't want to see his children to live this situation.

He want his family to be happy and celebrated together at weekend, christmas party, birthday parties, together but not seperated ways. She is not the same woman he first married her.

*nodding agreement* I can understand your point now and can understand how a husband feel. What a wife did is an extreme, not that what ADer did like that.

We married for love, not our belief. It's mainly important is respect each other. We don't argue over our beliefs but accept our knowledge that we were not born at that time and leave it. My hubby beleive in Evolution as I was beleive in Creatisum. We expose our beliefs to our children without say what right or wrong. We allow our children to learn religion and evolution at school and allow them to question us about our belief. My eldest son decides for Evolution and my younger son decides for both Evolution and Creatisum. I learn a lot from them and then forums, that's how I turn into Angostic.

I didn't say anything about needing to marry for the same belief. I advocate marriage with love but for more benefit and unity, marry the one with the same belief as instilled in you.

I'm the same as Shel90 who believe in acheive our life with family with our strength than worry about relgion stuffs.

Question: If you meet a girl, would you ask her which belief she have before know her better? Would you walk off that's because her belief is different as you instead know her personality better?

I dated a few outside of my belief and sometimes it is hard if we put importance in our belief. It's no fun going to church alone. That is just my way and what your way is your business. I would ask the girl about her belief and talk about it (of course no forcing or arm twisting because in the long run, it would strike me back).

No matter either before or after the marriage. I know the people who become different belief after marriage..............

Oh really, if this man changed his religious in few years time after the marriage, and starting a relationship with more other women like more wives or tell her to wear basque according to his new relgious is don't matter??

Oh really, if this man changed his religious in few years time after the marriage, and starting a relationship with more other women like more wives or tell her to wear basque according to his new relgious is don't matter??

:confused: basque? Do you mean veil ? Can you show me the fact where the non-muslim become muslim or Islam belief and force their wives to wear like this and allow to have relationship with other women in non-muslim country like this because I never heard about this? All what I know is the muslims who raised in Islam countries and must follow Islaim law or give up their belief and turn into Christianity. Their belief and law is different as non-muslim country.

You can´t mix belief with law where the people live in non-muslim world. It has nothing do with your question here. We talk about non-muslim world where we live and what we know our laws and marriage vow etc.

I dated a few outside of my belief and sometimes it is hard if we put importance in our belief. It's no fun going to church alone. That is just my way and what your way is your business. I would ask the girl about her belief and talk about it (of course no forcing or arm twisting because in the long run, it would strike me back). [/QUOTE]

Twisting her arms into the bed. :nono:

Keep your pants on! :eek3:

The church I went before, which in Oklahoma, have spouse who don't go to church. They love their spouse, mostly are wives who go to church whose husbands doesn't and those wives suffered so much, bec their hubbies mistreating them horrible and living like king. And some wishing her hubby with her instead of being alone. There are varies of all kind. Some of the wives setting great example to the husband which lead her husband to Christ bec proven her example and seeing the change of wife's example.

Originally Posted by Opal
Orginally Posted by Liebling:)))
I would say that her husband is stupid! If he really loves her then accept what she is instead of blackmail her. I his wife for her choice... Why? because she know her husband see her belief than his love for her... so she choose to test him either he really love her so he choose to divorce her which his love for her is not strong enough.

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
No matter either before or after the marriage. I know the people who become different belief after marriage... like what I mentioned in my last post about 2 ADers.

:confused: basque? Do you mean veil ? Can you show me the fact where the non-muslim become muslim or Islam belief and force their wives to wear like this and allow to have relationship with other women in non-muslim country like this because I never heard about this? All what I know is the muslims who raised in Islam countries and must follow Islaim law or give up their belief and turn into Christianity. Their belief and law is different as non-muslim country.

You can´t mix belief with law where the people live in non-muslim world. It has nothing do with your question here. We talk about non-muslim world where we live and what we know our laws and marriage vow etc.

Where did I say Muslim? I said religious meaning anything!! Like Mormon's, Brethern, Jewish, Scientology, etc, Brethern is christian and wearing a scarf not only Muslim.

Remember I show you Christian Australian Brethern women wearing a scarf with long waist hair, and wearing long shirt around here in 2000?????

Christian married to Jewish, Islamic, Muslim but living in the West promised their spouse that their children will brought up in christian life, in marriage trust, few years later the spouse changed their mind about religious and bring children to Iran, Israel, Turkey, etc against the spouse's wish, like a film about "Not without my child" as the husband tell her lots of lies at the begining of their marriage tricking her that the visit is for a temporary holiday not a permanent home there.

That's why I said in my early post that partner changed their religious later in their marriage life as I often see it can bring to the end of their marriage.

Opal, I don´t understand your point why you pasted my previous posts which I understood and agree with your post... See my post # 27... See this...

*nodding agreement* I can understand your point now and can understand how a husband feel. What a wife did is an extreme, not that what ADer did like that.

Where did I say Muslim? I said religious meaning anything!! Like Mormon's, Brethern, Jewish, Scientology, etc, Brethern is christian and wearing a scarf not only Muslim.

Remember I show you Christian Australian Brethern women wearing a scarf with long waist hair, and wearing long shirt around here in 2000?????

Christian married to Jewish, Islamic, Muslim but living in the West promised their spouse that their children will brought up in christian life, in marriage trust, few years later the spouse changed their mind about religious and bring children to Iran, Israel, Turkey, etc against the spouse's wish, like a film about "Not without my child" as the husband tell her lots of lies at the begining of their marriage tricking her that the visit is for a temporary holiday not a permanent home there.

That's why I said in my early post that partner changed their religious later in their marriage life as I often see it can bring to the end of their marriage.

Again :confused:

I only ask you what basque is.. and ask you is what basque mean is veil? Of course I thought it´s muslim because it´s them who wear veil or what? Now you explain what it is about.

Yes I have seen it alot. It has nothing do with belief but different culture/Tradition. We are being warn to think twice before marry the men from different culture/Tradition country. You can´t compare between Tradition/culture with beliefs.

But this thread is not about what you mentioned here but question either I marry for their belief or not. I married for love, not belief.

I would suggest you to create a new thread about marry man or woman from different culture/tradition.

Again :confused:

I only ask you what basque is.. and ask you is what basque mean is veil? Of course I thought it´s muslim because it´s them who wear veil or what? Now you explain what it is about.

Yes I have seen it alot. It has nothing do with belief but different culture/Tradition. We are being warn to think twice before marry the men from different culture/Tradition country. You can´t compare between Tradition/culture with beliefs.

But this thread is not about what you mentioned here but question either I marry for their belief or not. I married for love, not belief.

I would suggest you to create a new thread about marry man or woman from different culture/tradition.

Basque is same as veil, scarf or cloth.

My cousins married for love, until she found JW later in their marriage life - simple isn't it?

Me - making a new thread??? - No thank you.

Basque is same as veil, scarf or cloth.

My cousins married for love, until she found JW later in their marriage life - simple isn't it?
You can´t compare your cousin issue with everyone. It could be that your cousin is one of rare people like this which is really sad.

Me - making a new thread??? - No thank you.

I am not saying that you should create a thread but suggestion. You don´t have to if you don´t want to.

Basque are people from the region to the north in Spain. I remember, growing up on a farm in Minnesota, we had some neighbors who were Basque and they raised sheep. Burka is the veil you mentioned worn by Middle Eastern women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back