Religion forum

Oceanbreeze said:
I really believe that faith, spirituality, religion or whatever you want to call it, is personal. I'm a Christian, but I don't believe, nor have I ever believed in prostelyzing. I don't believe people have a right to push their beliefs on each other. Furthermore, that's what most Christians try to do.

As for a forum, I go back and forth about it. One min, I think it's a good idea, but the next min, I think it's a bad, bad idea. The problem is that most Christians feel that their belief is right, and ONLY their belief is right. There's absolutely no room for diversity, or tolerance. One of my fears about a forum is that we'll have topics exclusive to Christianity, and to the exclusion of all others. This isn't good.

Then again...As someone else brought up, it might be good if we had a forum, so that all posts related to religion can be grouped in one place.

So, I guess... :dunno: But, we've already had a poll, and we've already voted for a forum, so one will be created. We'll see what happens after that.

:gpost:

If that's Askjo's example of what it is to be a Christian, then I don't want to be one!

I'm totally for it! And yeah like someone said earlier on, it should be about other religions as well, like Tarrot, Wicca, and so on. It'd be neat!!

And just because it's there isn't forcing other's to read it. It's up to each person themself to choose whether or not to go in and read stuff, right? There's no point in bitching.

Back