Religion forum

Askjo

Reaction score
I looked for a religion forum where some deaf Christians who would like to discuss about the Bible, theology, questions, religion general, etc. My suggestion is to establish a religion forum here. Is anyone interested? Thanks! :wave:

Not interested, because.. Not to be offensive to anyone in particular and being simply blunt, most Deaf people don't know how to keep a good discussion going without flaming and insulting each other. While I have my own religion, I have noticed there are a few hard-core pro-<insert any religion here>, anti-Christians and Athiests who go to the extremes when it comes to discussing religion.

So, bottom line, it is not a good idea to have one on AllDeaf.

Deaf258 said:
Not interested, because.. Not to be offensive to anyone in particular and being simply blunt, most Deaf people don't know how to keep a good discussion going without flaming and insulting each other. While I have my own religion, I have noticed there are a few hard-core pro-<insert any religion here>, anti-Christians and Athiests who go to the extremes when it comes to discussing religion.

:gpost: There some religion members in here already, came across with some insulting and personal attacks against members here already, I will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts and personal attacks so I think it is not a good idea either to have one here also.

I agree with Cheri and Deaf258. Too many times, we've seen threads discussing religion or controversial topics where religion was brought into it, turned into flame wars. This has caused hard feelings more than once on this forum, and for this reason, I do not think it's worth having a religious forum.

Yes, I'm interested in seeing a reglious forum being add here in AD, I've created a thread about it I think a couple of months ago I believe....And Alex the owner did said he will be adding one here in AD soon... :mrgreen:

Deaf258 said:

The discussion is not fighting each other, but hot debate if the disagreement or agreement appears here. If you disagree, it is up to you if you can answer or not. If hot debate, that does not mean "fist" fighting, but helps you understand better on what you learn the difference between 2 sides.

Why should religion forum be here is because it is easy for anyone to find this forum rathar than finding thread in any forum somewhere. If religion topics in thread somewhere in any forum, you would HAVE TO look for it. Waste time!

Cheri said:
:gpost: There some religion members in here already, came across with some insulting and personal attacks against members here already, I will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts and personal attacks so I think it is not a good idea either to have one here also.
Moderators should delete part of quote if insults or attacks appear.

For example:

You are <personal attack deleted>.

Oceanbreeze said:
I agree with Cheri and Deaf258. Too many times, we've seen threads discussing religion or controversial topics where religion was brought into it, turned into flame wars. This has caused hard feelings more than once on this forum, and for this reason, I do not think it's worth having a religious forum.
Not only religion forum - I see flame wars in ANY forums. Why blame on religion forum only?

Askjo, you don't get it..

I know other forums have their flame wars, but the religious ones get the hottest flame wars. While I don't have a problem discussing religion with other people, my question still remains: "Are they willing to be mature and respectful about discussing religion topics?" There are too much disrespect between extremists that it'll ruin the reading pleasure for other people. So, setting up a religion forum is a bad idea! Even if AllDeaf ends up making a religious forum available, I will not browse that section.

I wonder if it would help cut down on the flame wars if the forums are titled like this: Religion-Christianity, Religion-Muslim, Religion-Judaism, Religion-(insert religion)?????

Deaf258 said:
While I don't have a problem discussing religion with other people, my question still remains: "Are they willing to be mature and respectful about discussing religion topics?" There are too much disrespect between extremists that it'll ruin the reading pleasure for other people.
I object your question. Are you willing to be mature yourself if you put obscene picture with "F*** it" under your screenname? Any bad words are absolutely disrespected for everyone to see. If you are willing to be mature, please CHANGE this obscene picture right now!

People have to respect each other anyway...
The Mods can always closed the thread.

It won't hurt to have a Religion thread...
It would be nice to learn about other
religious belief...

Especially Tarot, Wicca, and other stuff.

Askjo said:
I object your question. Are you willing to be mature yourself if you put obscene picture with "F*** it" under your screenname? Any bad words are absolutely disrespected for everyone to see. If you are willing to be mature, please CHANGE this obscene picture right now!

I rest my case.

You're being an extremist right now. :wave:

Deaf258 said:
I rest my case.

You're being an extremist right now.
No, I am not, but I am unpleasant to see your obscene picture. You misunderstand what I talk about.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
It won't hurt to have a Religion thread...
It would be nice to learn about other
religious belief...
Absolutely, I agree! :)

^Angel^ said:
Yes, I'm interested in seeing a reglious forum being add here in AD, I've created a thread about it I think a couple of months ago I believe....And Alex the owner did said he will be adding one here in AD soon... :mrgreen:

I am still waiting for it? When ?

Back