Religion at work vs religion at school

Status
Not open for further replies.
ravensteve1961 said:
Hey...He did mean you cant type it on the net. How can you take the lords name in vain if you typed it on the net. He meant for you not say it outta your mouth.

Regardless of how you say it, you still mean it the same. You take the Lord's name in vain each time you use it as an expletive, exclamation, or curse. The bible does not say a specific medium. It simply says "Do not take." Not "Do not say" or "Do not write." Whether you say it or type it in on the computer or sign it, the intended use is still the same.

ravensteve1961 said:
And this liberal took our christain rights away

I kindly disagree with you there, because nobody takes anyone rights to have their own religion and nobody has their rights taken away to practice any certain religion. Public schools are for everyone not based on what religion they are, and I don't think we should be separate just because their religion isn't the same as yours or mine. :thumb:

Well its like reading in fine print. The bible doesnt say thou should not take the lords name on the internet. Just like the insurance company says your family will be paid $100,000 in case you die. But it doesnt say YOU HAVE TO STAY DEAD! There many patients for unexplaned reasons when their heart stops and doctors cant get it beating again and they thought your dead but somehow your heart beats again and the docs already write your death certicate out and they show it to you to keep. And when you show it to your insurance agent and if they refuse to pay you you tell em this, """ WELL IT DOESNT SAY I HAVE TO STAY DEAD!!! Read the policy!!""" And if this agent says "" oh come back when your dead"" You say well are you gonna pay me or not? He says " NO" You say""" SEE YOU IN COURT!!"""

ravensteve1961 said:
Hey...He did mean you cant type it on the net. How can you take the lords name in vain if you typed it on the net. He meant for you not say it outta your mouth.
"Cussin'" is cussin', no matter how you do it. It is even wrong to swear in your thoughts. It is wrong to use any form of the Lord's name in a disrespectful way. There are no technical "loopholes". God knows when someone uses His name with a disrespectful attitude or hateful heart. It doesn't matter if they are spoken, signed, typed, or written.

ravensteve1961 said:
...There many patients for unexplaned reasons when their heart stops and doctors cant get it beating again and they thought your dead but somehow your heart beats again and the docs already write your death certicate out and they show it to you to keep. And when you show it to your insurance agent and if they refuse to pay you you tell em this, """ WELL IT DOESNT SAY I HAVE TO STAY DEAD!!! Read the policy!!""
Even if they accepted the death certificate, benefits are never paid to the deceased; they are paid to the surviving beneficiaries. Also, the deceased would no longer be able to collect SSI, Medicaid, Social Security retirement, unemployment, etc. Credit cards get cancelled, and parents can rent out the deceased's bedroom.

Reba said:
"Cussin'" is cussin', no matter how you do it. It is even wrong to swear in your thoughts. It is wrong to use any form of the Lord's name in a disrespectful way. There are no technical "loopholes". God knows when someone uses His name with a disrespectful attitude or hateful heart. It doesn't matter if they are spoken, signed, typed, or written.

That is so true. Well said Reba. :thumb:

Reba said:

:gpost: Very well said

I moved this to "On-topic Debate" because this topic is often argumentative. If a user comes in and see this, they will want to argue. So "On-topic Debate" is more sensible so that any user who wishes not to argue will not come to that forum at first place and complain to moderators about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back