Reinstate the draft?

cental34 said:
If you reinstate the draft, you disregard people's right to pursue their own happiness and live their own lives for themselves, you disregard their right to have their own beliefs. I, a pacifist, will refuse to go to war ever, if I am drafted.
The soldiers will continue to fight and die to defend pacifist's and "people's right to pursue their own happiness and live their own lives for themselves."

cental34 said:
I, a pacifist, will refuse to go to war ever, if I am drafted.

Then youll spend 30 years in this place.
image684750x.jpg

If they want to dedicate their life to it, power to them, but forcing people to serve would kind of defeat that whole purpose of defending personal freedoms.

ravensteve1961 said:

How is that off-topic?

Nancy times have changed.Nowadays you read in the paper classfied Ads says
MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. Back in the 30s,40s and 50s there wasnt one thing in the newspapers says MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.

Whenever the war is on. If the war occurs in our motherland and I will fight. If it occurs the war over the oversea and it is pointless for me to fight. Our last time battle on our motherland were the Red Men from England. Honestly it is pointless for us to fight oversea lands without them touching our lands.

Second, Iraqi war is a pointless war.
First Iraqi war is a pointness war because of UN involved.
Serb war and it was pointness war because of UN involved.
9.11.01 is a reason to go war against Tablians(whatever it spells).
Vietnams is the worst pointless war ever.
Cold War is a pointless war, really.
WW2 is a reason to fight cuz of PH.
WW1 is a pointless war.

I could name all wars that we fought but now you get the idea of what I am trying to say. If someone touched our land and we fight. If no one touched our land but their talking or action is threating thing and just leave them alone. Just let the UN take care of them.

We have the Untied Nation and it is their job to be a cop around the world.

off-topic: If we are at the war fighting for the Christian Reilgion and I will join the force for very sure. No one can stop the Jesus Christ's word!

Its the arabs started this war by ramming 2 planes into the twin towers in NYC cause they disagree with US policy towards the middle east because we sided with israel.

Crazymanw00t said:
off-topic: If we are at the war fighting for the Christian Reilgion and I will join the force for very sure. No one can stop the Jesus Christ's word!

I just turned pale when I read that....

I disagreed your view completely! If Saudi is really planning like this, they will stand to lose gasoline supplier!!! What I believe is just pure militant extremist who thinks just like the way you think and believes violence is the only way to win.

ravensteve1961 said:
Its the arabs started this war by ramming 2 planes into the twin towers in NYC cause they disagree with US policy towards the middle east because we sided with israel.

diehardbiker65 said:
I disagreed your view completely! If Saudi is really planning like this, they will stand to lose gasoline supplier!!! What I believe is just pure militant extremist who thinks just like the way you think and believes violence is the only way to win.

Bingo :gpost:

diehardbiker65 said:

Right on, Diehardbiker

Raven-
If a few deaf people bomb a building, you would say that ALL deaf are guilty????

In every society, there are extremists but they do not speak for the whole society. We have our own extremists right here in US but they do not speak for the majority.

Im tired of you steroetyping ALL Arabs as guilty. :fu2:

cental34 said:
If they want to dedicate their life to it, power to them, but forcing people to serve would kind of defeat that whole purpose of defending personal freedoms.

This is EXACTLY my point. People would think TWICE before they go ahead and declare war on another country. Today I see too many people talk crap about how we are doing what we have to do in Iraq, but then they refuse to back up their talk with the walk. Meanwhile, people who might not know beter or people who do not have any other choices get dragged into this useless war.

I agree that a draft would restrict our personal freedom, but that it would also force us to take more responsibility for our military manuevers out there and be more prepared to take the necessary steps instead of just waging a war because we want to impress Daddy, get some oil, or build a legacy.

First of all, if the military relaxed their entry requirements a bit, they may start meeting some of their recruitment goals. I know plenty of people who want to enlist but cannot due to physical limitations.

The only way I would support a draft is if the draftees were put in non-combatant support roles. The very last person you want fighting alongside you is someone that didn't even want to fight int he first place. That was a hard lesson that we learned during the Vietnam war.

I agree with you. there should be an option for noncombant roles if there is a draft.

My dad didn't want to be drafted in Vietnam, so he signed in for a noncombant role in the army. He was an accountant. Never saw combat.

He says that he is glad about that, that he is not a fighter and he never wanted to pick up a gun and kill people.

Believe it or not, Federal prison is far better than state prison! If your not violent persont, your likely to go to federal prison that is much like country club! I had friend who went both prison I mean fed and state prisons. He told me that Federal prison is much better, you could play golf, or even swimming and have fun serving time with feds. Food seems to be better over feds than state. BUT, if your violent or escape prone then your gonna go in shithole that won't make any difference between feds and state.

I can prove this, Martha Stewart actually said that going to fed prison is best thing ever happened to her! Reporter asked her why, her answer was that it was most relaxing and enabled her to medidate and give her good break.

ravensteve1961 said:
Then youll spend 30 years in this place.
image684750x.jpg

But they made martha do dishes,, wash windows and even scrub floors. When she wasnt in prison her maids wash windows and scrub floors.Her chief did the dishes.So you dont live like a rich person nether.

Back