Recent Movie About Dating A Deaf Woman

I saw this movie as well, pinecone is right. I don't think the actress is deaf either. It's a bit corny but ok I guess, I just don't like how they portrayed the CI. She got it and bam she could hear perfect and talk perfect.

Are there romance/love movies about a deaf woman and a deaf man?

I haven't heard of any, but would be interesting to know about.

Maybe we all should write screenplays about hearing women falling in love with Deaf men...just without the portrayal of the CI as the miracle. lol

Uh, yes there is quite a few. "There Will Be Blood" An actor Russell Harvard played in it.

Cool, this is a romance movie with a deaf man and hearing woman?

IMO, deafness has very little to do with this movie. Just a few parts here and there. it's just a bit of a device in the plot, but the real storyline focuses on the deaf character's father. And it's definitely not a romance. More like a King Lear type of tragedy.

Maybe we all should write screenplays about hearing women falling in love with Deaf men...just without the portrayal of the CI as the miracle. lol

If I could just get off my lazy ass . . .

I watched the film and thought it was quite sad.Some interesting facts about it i found out are that neither lead role knew sign language prior to the film and that ironically this film has no subtitles or captions for deaf viewers on the dvd release :S

I saw this movie as well, pinecone is right. I don't think the actress is deaf either. It's a bit corny but ok I guess, I just don't like how they portrayed the CI. She got it and bam she could hear perfect and talk perfect.

Gasp! That was just like me!!! Who knew?!?! He he he... Movies rarely show life as it really is, way too boreing that way. (at least mine is anyway) :hmm:

OH OH!!! I know just the guy to play that part!!! :wave: Yeah, :D .... :shock: oh wait... I have a CI already...

I'm not getting an explant just for a movie part. Yeah, I didn't want the part anyway... Bla! :roll:

:cool2:

Great witty info here, thanks!

I like the idea of writing a screenplay together, but I think we'd all get bogged down on details... ah well.

It's good to know all this, thanks.

OH OH!!! I know just the guy to play that part!!! :wave: Yeah, :D .... :shock: oh wait... I have a CI already...

I'm not getting an explant just for a movie part. Yeah, I didn't want the part anyway... Bla! :roll:

:cool2:

Hehehe...

What I meant was the character getting"cured" of deafness overnight by the CI. We all know that it usually doesnt work that way. Takes a months of hard work and therapy.

The character could have a CI or not but still have issues with society's views and limitation on deafness.

Hope that makes sense.

TWA, we should have a meeting and start this. lol

Hehehe...

What I meant was the character getting"cured" of deafness overnight by the CI. We all know that it usually doesnt work that way. Takes a months of hard work and therapy.

The character could have a CI or not but still have issues with society's views and limitation on deafness.

Hope that makes sense.

TWA, we should have a meeting and start this. lol

Several stories in my thesis address these issues. I really should turn one of them into a screen play. I just, ugh, am sick of writing right now. I have other things I like to spend my time on these days. ;)

Okay, so I just saw this movie, "Listen to Your Heart"

OH MY GAWD. This was the worst movie I've ever seen involving a deaf character. Bar none. It's not just bad for how fake the depiction of deafness is and the horrible signing, or for the predictable treatment of the poor, helpless deaf girl character type, or for the ridiculous and inaccurate inclusion of the CI. Nooo, what makes this a terrible movie is how frigging sentimental and contrived it is from a narrative standpoint. It just gets worse and worse. It started out not being that bad and then shit just snowballed. It's got evil mothers, brain cancer, attempted rape, men telling each other "love you, bro," hipster emo music concert, homeless man selling newspapers, funerals and eulogies, ad naseum. (Trust me, I haven't spoiled it for you. There's so much more! ahahah)

I dunno, maybe I've been ruined from studying storytelling in graduate school (a very strong possibility, lol), but I just could not contain myself. At one point I found myself laughing hysterically. Then I felt like an ass because I turned around and my GF was bawling. Oops. :aw:

...Then I felt like an ass because I turned around and my GF was bawling. Oops. :aw:

That's really sad she was drawn into such a "sucker" of a film! I know some women's hearts are easily turned by this type of drama... but I have to say I'm glad to not be one!

Okay, so I just saw this movie, "Listen to Your Heart"

OH MY GAWD. This was the worst movie I've ever seen involving a deaf character. Bar none. It's not just bad for how fake the depiction of deafness is and the horrible signing, or for the predictable treatment of the poor, helpless deaf girl character type, or for the ridiculous and inaccurate inclusion of the CI. Nooo, what makes this a terrible movie is how frigging sentimental and contrived it is from a narrative standpoint. It just gets worse and worse. It started out not being that bad and then shit just snowballed. It's got evil mothers, brain cancer, attempted rape, men telling each other "love you, bro," hipster emo music concert, homeless man selling newspapers, funerals and eulogies, ad naseum. (Trust me, I haven't spoiled it for you. There's so much more! ahahah)

I dunno, maybe I've been ruined from studying storytelling in graduate school (a very strong possibility, lol), but I just could not contain myself. At one point I found myself laughing hysterically. Then I felt like an ass because I turned around and my GF was bawling. Oops. :aw:

You are a bad boy! lol

Back