Real Effects of smoking pot

Bullshit. Smoking cigarettes is far more harmful to your health, especially if you have a pack-a-day type of habit.

I agree..

I have many friends who smoke pot and it is the drunk people who act more destructive than those who are stoned.

Well, I heard somewhere that one joint of marjuiana equals 20 cigarettes in one shot. So, smoking pot is more dangerous because if you don't smoke from the bong, you're screwed.

:gpost:
I am a college instructor of English for underprepared deaf students. I develop, oversee, and teach the entire writing curriculum. I am also working on my class' WebCT website. I work at school of course but also many many hours at home on lesson planning, correcting papers, the website, etc.

I am also a medical marijuana patient as I have become partly disabled over the last 5 years due to various illnesses. I medicate so I'm not lying in bed feeling sick all the time, or so that I can manage to eat since I do not have an appetite anymore. (I don't medicate before or at work, of course, which only makes things more difficult for me as I am usually teaching while ill.) I also medicate so I can clear my head enough to do all my necessary work at home.

Guess I'm just a lazy stoner. :roll:

If you don't know anything about how Prohibition and William Randolph Hearst began the brainwashing that has happened regarding marijuana, then none of you spouting citations know what you are talking about. Are you aware the federal government provides marijuana to a small handful of patients for medical reasons yet insists there is no medical benefit to marijuana? No? Didn't know that?

Try educating yourself before judging.

Well said, Interpretator!

Well, I heard somewhere that one joint of marjuiana equals 20 cigarettes in one shot. So, smoking pot is more dangerous because if you don't smoke from the bong, you're screwed.

That isn't true. Marijuana does not have the added carcinogens that cigarrettes do. In fact, in has been shown to decrease asthma attacks, and was used in the past to treat chronic cough.

I agree..

I have many friends who smoke pot and it is the drunk people who act more destructive than those who are stoned.

Very true. There is a correlation between alcohol use and violence, but no correlation between marijuana use and violence.

yeah.. it's not all it's hyped up to be for sure. I am sure there are many people that benefit from it's medicinal properties and hopefully at some point all of the states will recognize this and legalize it at least for medicinal purposes. My opinion for what it's worth is that alcohol is far more damaging than pot will ever be

Not just your opinion, RD, but substantiated fact.

That isn't true. Marijuana does not have the added carcinogens that cigarrettes do. In fact, in has been shown to decrease asthma attacks, and was used in the past to treat chronic cough.

I am aware that it has medical properties, but why do they say it's 20 times stronger than regular cigs?

Not just your opinion, RD, but substantiated fact.

While it is fact, I don't think people should discount the fact that anything in moderation is not bad for them (even drinking) and just because people have a drink or two, does not mean that they are an alcoholic or will become one.

And also, I support medicinal marijuana and in no terms did I intend to label everyone who uses marijuana as a lazy stoner. It's a stereotype and unfortunately, I have known people who fit it that also had other problems as well.

While it is fact, I don't think people should discount the fact that anything in moderation is not bad for them (even drinking) and just because people have a drink or two, does not mean that they are an alcoholic or will become one.

And also, I support medicinal marijuana and in no terms did I intend to label everyone who uses marijuana as a lazy stoner. It's a stereotype and unfortunately, I have known people who fit it that also had other problems as well.

I never suggested that having a drink or two makes one an alcoholic. However, if one is predisposed to alcoholism, a drink or two could indeed be a problem.

And, while alcohol is one of the most physically addicting substances there is, and the withdrawal from alcohol is more medically dangerous than the withdrawal from heroin or any of the other narcotics, marijuana has been shown to have no physically addictive properties.

You are most certainly correct: moderation is the key.

And, while alcohol is one of the most physically addicting substances there is, and the withdrawal from alcohol is more medically dangerous than the withdrawal from heroin or any of the other narcotics, marijuana has been shown to have no physically addictive properties.

How is it possible for withdrawal from alcohol to be more dangerous than withdrawal from heroin or other narcotics?

Ah, yes! The war on drugs! Don't believe that propoganda.

I knew. Some of my friends who smoke pot say that it's not bad as what people who are against drugs say. Pot is actually relaxing and helps you think better, but if you take too much which can hurt a few brain cells which isn't too bad. Overdosing on anything isn't good, of course.

You can't overdose on marijuana.

Though people sometimes lace marijuana with crack or other dangerous narcotics. It's not very common though.

You can't overdose on marijuana.

Though people sometimes lace marijuana with crack or other dangerous narcotics. It's not very common though.

Yes you can overdose on marijuana. It will just fuck you up even more, going really really high.

How is it possible for withdrawal from alcohol to be more dangerous than withdrawal from heroin or other narcotics?

Its a medical fact. The withdrawal symptoms are more severe, and can create lasting damage in and of themselves. There is a risk of seizures, of delerium, of respiratory distress, of elevated blood pressure leading to a stroke, along with several other less severe symptoms.

Yes you can overdose on marijuana. It will just fuck you up even more, going really really high.

Once you reach a certain level, you won't get any higher. You will just end up with less weed!:giggle:

But seriously, there is no risk of overdose.

Back