Real Effects of smoking pot

uhuh...

i remember after smoking, i had memory problems and i had speech problems such as i would mix the first letter round with another, like if i were to say "salted peanuts" i would say "palted Seanuts" and then the paranoia kicked in "cause i didn't realize it was the effects of smoking" and i looked up symptoms and was convinced i had brain cancer...yeah yeah laugh...but i currently have a reproductive problem yada yada yada and then i went into overdrive believing it was all cancer and that it had spread to my brain and stuff, and i was shitting a brick! very very afraid and i mean so afraid i couldnt sleep until i was that tired i fell on conscience...after ahwile i was like fuck it, if i die i die, then after a week or so i smoked it again, and after a day or so i began to feel really sad i couldnt pin-point why...at first i thought it was perhaps thinking of a girl i like and stuff so i got down about that...then i remembered my problem, and then now here i am shitting myself again, you dream up all sorts of reasons to support rediculas theories, and everything you link together and it makes you one scared mofo... but its all the effects of smoking cause i was over the whole paranoia phase until i smoked it again...

i remember after smoking, i had memory problems and i had speech problems such as i would mix the first letter round with another, like if i were to say "salted peanuts" i would say "palted Seanuts" and then the paranoia kicked in "cause i didn't realize it was the effects of smoking" and i looked up symptoms and was convinced i had brain cancer...yeah yeah laugh...but i currently have a reproductive problem yada yada yada and then i went into overdrive believing it was all cancer and that it had spread to my brain and stuff, and i was shitting a brick! very very afraid and i mean so afraid i couldnt sleep until i was that tired i fell on conscience...after ahwile i was like fuck it, if i die i die, then after a week or so i smoked it again, and after a day or so i began to feel really sad i couldnt pin-point why...at first i thought it was perhaps thinking of a girl i like and stuff so i got down about that...then i remembered my problem, and then now here i am shitting myself again, you dream up all sorts of reasons to support rediculas theories, and everything you link together and it makes you one scared mofo... but its all the effects of smoking cause i was over the whole paranoia phase until i smoked it again...

Sounds like you have more problems than weed.

hahaha aye totaly, buts its trying unconvince yourself when your convinced of something that is the problem!!

Smoking pot makes you lazy.

That's really all it does.

Some lazy people smoke pot, but that does not lead to the conclusion that pot makes you lazy. There are any number of successful, productive citizens who partake of herb. Likewise, there are many lazy people that have never touched the stuff.

The effects of smoking pot are poor judgement, hallucinations, many random acts of stupidity. Oh yeah jailtime and a felony record are an added bonus as well. ;)

The effects of smoking pot are poor judgement, hallucinations, many random acts of stupidity. Oh yeah jailtime and a felony record are an added bonus as well. ;)

Well, unless you are trafficking, simple possesion is not a felony in most states. Get caught with a joint, get a ticket, and pay a fine. Misdemeanor, at the same level as a traffic ticket.

Marijuana does not cause hallucinations.

Random acts of stupidity are perpetrated by those who have never used marijauna at an alarming rate. Those most inclined toward poor judgement are those that use the legal drug alcohol.

Brain Images,Effects of Drug Abuse,Alcohol,Smoking Marijuana,SPECT Scans, Amen Clinics

I can't help myself. I love watching these things turn into links.

I think it say causes hole in the brain.
It says herion coke and meth appear as multiple small holes across thecortical surface. Not pot. Heavy marijuana abuse shows decreased activity in the temporal lobes bilaterally. Now the question is what is considered "heavy" use?

SPECT can be helpful in evaluating the effects of drugs and alcohol on the brain. On 3D surface brain images, several substances of abuse appear to show consistent patterns. For example, cocaine and methamphetamine abuse appear as multiple small holes across the cortical surface; heroin abuse appears as marked decreased activity across the whole cortical surface; heavy marijuana abuse shows decreased activity in the temporal lobes bilaterally and heavy alcohol abuse shows marked decreased activity throughout the brain.

It says herion coke and meth appear as multiple small holes across thecortical surface. Not pot. Heavy marijuana abuse shows decreased activity in the temporal lobes bilaterally. Now the question is what is considered "heavy" use?

And the key words are "appear as", not actually create.

Heavy use could be considered to be daily use over a period of years.

Aha, this grabbed your attention...

I am curious about the real effects of smoking pot. I saw a poster about how smoking pot causes holes to form in the brain in the long term. Yeah, yeah.. munchies and red eyes we already know about that. haha!

I found that I tend to sleep easily while I watch movies after smoking pot (did the thing back in college, for one semester). Had the munchies. Red eyes. Short term memory loss. I guess some people handle that better. I am scared of getting holes in my brain, but would like to know if that is disinformation too.

I'd like to hear your sources and take on the effects of smoking pot. I've heard disinformation somewhere here, and found that to be insteresting.. so I started a new thread on it in the Education conference. If it's in the wrong conference, then mods, feel free to move it wherever you think is right.

Smoking pot is JUST AS DANGEROUS as smoking cigarettes.

Also, in my experience, smoking pot for several days in a row tends to make me depressed and give me a nasty headache. That's why I don't do at all anymore... I miss it, though.

Last edited:
Smoking pot makes you lazy.

That's really all it does.

I am a college instructor of English for underprepared deaf students. I develop, oversee, and teach the entire writing curriculum. I am also working on my class' WebCT website. I work at school of course but also many many hours at home on lesson planning, correcting papers, the website, etc.

I am also a medical marijuana patient as I have become partly disabled over the last 5 years due to various illnesses. I medicate so I'm not lying in bed feeling sick all the time, or so that I can manage to eat since I do not have an appetite anymore. (I don't medicate before or at work, of course, which only makes things more difficult for me as I am usually teaching while ill.) I also medicate so I can clear my head enough to do all my necessary work at home.

Guess I'm just a lazy stoner. :roll:

If you don't know anything about how Prohibition and William Randolph Hearst began the brainwashing that has happened regarding marijuana, then none of you spouting citations know what you are talking about. Are you aware the federal government provides marijuana to a small handful of patients for medical reasons yet insists there is no medical benefit to marijuana? No? Didn't know that?

Try educating yourself before judging.

yeah.. it's not all it's hyped up to be for sure. I am sure there are many people that benefit from it's medicinal properties and hopefully at some point all of the states will recognize this and legalize it at least for medicinal purposes. My opinion for what it's worth is that alcohol is far more damaging than pot will ever be

Smoking pot is JUST AS DANGEROUS as smoking cigarettes.

That is not a source.

I gotta leave this thread as there is so much misinformation in it I will go crazy if I keep reading. No wonder sick people can't get their medicine.

On the other hand..........I'm pretty much neutral as to pot use. However, there is some evidence that in certain predisposed people it can cause mental illness like schiezophernia.

That is not a source.

I gotta leave this thread as there is so much misinformation in it I will go crazy if I keep reading. No wonder sick people can't get their medicine.

I agree with u...I was baffled by all the misinformation in this thread. That's why I didnt even bother posting before.

Some lazy people smoke pot, but that does not lead to the conclusion that pot makes you lazy. There are any number of successful, productive citizens who partake of herb. Likewise, there are many lazy people that have never touched the stuff.

True but in extreme cases, it just makes people lazy at the most. Not that it happens to everyone who tokes.

Speaking of which, I wish I could toke more.

The effects of smoking pot are poor judgement

Rarely the case, unless you're drinking at the same time (as I have seen with some friends).

hallucinations

Though jillio claims that smoking pot doesn't cause hallucinations, it all depends. I've been able to see/imagine things I couldn't while sober. It's very relaxing too and I usually just mellow out after a few hits.

many random acts of stupidity

Again, very rarely.

Oh yeah jailtime and a felony record are an added bonus as well. ;)

If you get caught possessing marijuana WITH the intent to distribute, then yeah. Simple possession? Nope.

Back