Reagan Insider: GOP Destroyed US Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you comprehend it too? The complexity of it all? Can you break down for us, the tree of the fiscal system?

Thanks.

Absoltuely, I comprehended the article. And if you will scroll back you will see my post about it being multi-layered. Thanks.

That's about as wrong as you can get.... :laugh2:

Many families conquer their debt by cutting back...... they still pay the bills.
Uncle Sam can do that too...

Talk about scare tactics......

Spend a dollar to make a dollar??? Sounds like a waste of time, :hmm: That being said, when will we see the $800 billion we spent last year????? :laugh2:

BTW..... Ever hear: A stitch in time saves nine???

I don't know of any families that have a debt as large as the National. And, when families conquer their debt by cutting back, it takes quite some time before that debt is conquered. You want the National debt to disappear immediately. That will take zero spending. If you want it to reduce over time, then give it time. It took years to increase, and it will take years to decrease.

She was referring to the article itself, not the complexity of finances.
NO ONE can break it down to anyone's satisfaction.

Exactly. If it could be broken down that easily, the solution would not be so complicated.

Wirelessly posted

Solution is easy, and it's a fast-and-hard one that conservatives seem To desire, but no one wants to hear it:

Be conquered by China. :laugh2:

Anyway, I am not sure how the States will gets out of its own debt.

Last edited:
Comprehension include the complete understanding of what article's main theme, how it apply to our current problem. That is what the argument is going on in this thread.

My main point is -- ALL of our opinions collide because our mindset of what things should be ALWAYS differ. I might comprehend this article differently than how Jilo think we should.

I need her COMPLETE interpretation of how she understood so we can redefine on how we can discuss and tangle on what issues need to be fixed and what need not to be. Who is ACTUALLY responsible OR is it inherited with multiple errors of different presidents that took office in the past?

According tot he author of the article that was linked, we are witnessing a natural and expected cycle that is the consequence of a capitalist society. Therefore, it doesn't matter who is president. The cycle will play out. Myabe sooner, maybe later, but it will still result in the same consequence.

Wirelessly posted

Solution is easy, and it's a fast-and-hard one that conservatives seem To desire, but no one wants to hear it:

Be conquered by China. :laugh2:

Anyway, I am not sure how the States will gets out of its own debt.

It won't, as long as this is a capitalist society. The country was built on credit, and credit leads to debt.

That's about as wrong as you can get.... :laugh2:

Many families conquer their debt by cutting back...... they still pay the bills.
Uncle Sam can do that too...

Talk about scare tactics......

Spend a dollar to make a dollar??? Sounds like a waste of time, :hmm: That being said, when will we see the $800 billion we spent last year????? :laugh2:

BTW..... Ever hear: A stitch in time saves nine???

Absolutely. Expansion cannot go on forever. Something will give catastrophically unless we do something drastic in reigning in the govt out of control spending habit.

I don't know of any families that have a debt as large as the National. And, when families conquer their debt by cutting back, it takes quite some time before that debt is conquered. You want the National debt to disappear immediately. That will take zero spending. If you want it to reduce over time, then give it time. It took years to increase, and it will take years to decrease.

:lol: it's going the wrong way. And fast too

:lol: it's going the wrong way. And fast too

Right. It went from complaining about the Bush Administration's deficit spending to the Obama Administration's first year of deficit spending equivalent to Bush's last 6 years of deficit spending we see that the people who are suddenly applauding over Obama's spending.

How ironic. And highly irresponsible, too. And, as you said, going the wrong way....fast.

Right. It went from complaining about the Bush Administration's deficit spending to the Obama Administration's first year of deficit spending equivalent to Bush's last 6 years of deficit spending we see that the people who are suddenly applauding over Obama's spending.

How ironic. And highly irresponsible, too. And, as you said, going the wrong way....fast.

Guess you didn't understand the article you linked.

Not with the Federal govt. You don't spend tax dollars we don't have into the trillions. That's not investment. That's plain outright irresponsible and stupid.
But is was ok for Bush to do it?

I've always been against running up a deficit, even when Bush was in office. Obama is now 6 times as worse as Bush on the spending habit.

Absolutely. Expansion cannot go on forever. Something will give catastrophically unless we do something drastic in reigning in the govt out of control spending habit.
I relish the thought of seeing the Republicans "taming the bull" during this event. In fact, my guess is that things would not be any better had McCain and Palin seized control. Might have tried different things, but results would still be high unemployment, crappy economy, etc. It would be much quieter over here in AD...

I've always been against running up a deficit, even when Bush was in office. Obama is now 6 times as worse as Bush on the spending habit.
Does this mean you LIKED Clinton? That he did a great job?

At the expense of putting our military power into jeopardy. But remember, Bush's deficit spending continued downward in the three years in the 2nd term when tax cut was actually helping bring in record tax receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back