RavenSteve and NON-believers....

ravensteve1961 said:
Almost Now scientist can overturn gods desisons for you.

I'm not quite sure if I understood you there but care to explain what you meant by this?...

^Angel^ said:
I'm not quite sure if I understood you there but care to explain what you meant by this?...
What i mean is everything happens for a reason right? Now for whatever reason you become blind or deaf or cant walk anymore god put in you because you did something. Like i heard a story of a guy who was juggling handgrandes in the military just to show he was cool. So he juggled them for attendtion. Then he said now im pulling the pins out of the granades. He juggled them but this time he dropped one one them it exploded but didnt kill all the men because they stood 20 feet away. But the guy didnt die he was deaf & blind. Now isnt thats gods punishment for acting like a jerk? So god can punish you if he feels youre doing something he doesnt want you to do. Like he punished rush limbaugh because he was trying to change our country. Maybe he punish me for that reason too!! Because i was preaching to certain people just how wrong the liberals are.

ravensteve1961 said:
So god can punish you if he feels youre doing something he doesnt want you to do. Like he punished rush limbaugh because he was trying to change our country. Maybe he punish me for that reason too!! Because i was preaching to certain people just how wrong the liberals are.
Or it is actually God punishing US.... (the ad'ers) for having u come here? Is that a possiblity?

Ravensteve, what some are trying to convey to you is: Sure, the CI will make you hear (providing you go thru all of the hard work of therapy after implantation) better BUT when the sun goes down, at the end of the day when you retire for the night and you take the device off, you are still deaf. That's not so bad but it is also the reality. No biggie, right?

Talk about hearing, CI does not make you hear all the way You are still deaf when you have CI, It's not the same thing as God gives you hearing.

I know, I have a CI ;). It may not be the same thing, but it may be what God wants.

ravensteve1961 said:
What i mean is everything happens for a reason right? Now for whatever reason you become blind or deaf or cant walk anymore god put in you because you did something. Like i heard a story of a guy who was juggling handgrandes in the military just to show he was cool. So he juggled them for attendtion. Then he said now im pulling the pins out of the granades. He juggled them but this time he dropped one one them it exploded but didnt kill all the men because they stood 20 feet away. But the guy didnt die he was deaf & blind. Now isnt thats gods punishment for acting like a jerk? So god can punish you if he feels youre doing something he doesnt want you to do. Like he punished rush limbaugh because he was trying to change our country. Maybe he punish me for that reason too!! Because i was preaching to certain people just how wrong the liberals are.
so.. what did i do when i was 2 1/2 to sin myself to become deaf? how can i do something bad when i was at that age? i believe becoming deaf is not a SIN period

It is selfish if some people pray to ask God to help them hear NOW instead of believing that God will help them find a way to help them hear again...U don't seek God only cause you want things to happen your way or your time, it has to be God's will to do so in HIS time and in HIS way, I think that what Meg is trying to say....When I pray to seek God's help, I believe God is working on it for me but in HIS time even if it doesn't happen NOW or when I wanted it to happen....

I know that. In HIS time yes. I know we should not forget that, but we should not stop praying for our desires. It's not selfish however much we pray. God hears all. It doesn't mean you pray one time for your hearing and that's it. You pray all the time if you believe.

I disagree with you when you said CI is a cure from God, if it is, then a Deaf person will be able to hear 100% but that is not the case CI implants only help a Deaf person to hear more in most cases....Doctors are God's helpers to cure people for their sickness, most diseases etc....Also doctors have devices, equipments, attachments for people to use to help them such as CI, hearing aids, wheelchairs, canes for the blind etc....<<<< still it's not a cure but it does help alot of people to get thru with their lives in ways that is much better than they were previously in.....Yes, God shows people who wants to hear again, by seeking things that are out there such as CI, hearing aids etc....but it can be the person's choice which one they rather to use with God's help....

Exactly, what did I leave out? I know CI's are not cures, but it can be what God wants you to have.

Each one of us might view differently on how God does help in these kind of situations, I will openly respect the next person's view whether I may believe it or not, with this in mind, there's no need for fingerpointing, for all we know, we all could be right or wrong, but at least we all can get along by respecting the views and the beliefs in here and perhaps even learn a thing or two......

I know, but I can still say more? Meg was an example that was confusing. I thought she said that praying for hearing at all is selfish. You (Angel) think she was saying that it will be in His time. Well, I saw what she said as praying for any hearing at all is selfish. That's all. Some others think that Doctors don't help you with CI, and I think it's wrong which was my whole point in providing the story. That's all.

Bottom line, I know CI does not heal, otherwise why do I have a CI for? I didn't jump and got a CI hoping it would heal me. I had hope that I would hear more, and God led me step by step to all the info I wanted.

TiaraPrincess said:
I know, I have a CI ;). It may not be the same thing, but it may be what God wants.
Tiara Have you ever used a BIE hearing aid cause i have. I shared the video W/ My Parents and they told me what they have seen n heard i might be abile to hear better than i heard outta my hearing aid.

I grew up in very strict Jesuit schools and they taught us that God does not grant us whatever we want NOW - God grants us what He wants us to have in His own time or plan.

Well, maybe you should have clarified that part because it sounded like you said asking for hearing is selfish. That alone says it's selfish in any form to ask for hearing because there are worse thing in the world. That's exactly how you said it, it didn't say anything that it was okay to pray but in HIS time. That's two synonyms. They don't say the same thing.

And God is more patient with us when we say, "Huh, I didn't hear you the first time". Right? :lol:

Last edited:
What's BIE? Is that a type of hearing aids? I always wore Behind the Ear hearing aids. Yes, the video is good. It gives you an idea. Some times the video is not realistic for some people like for adults who lost hearing as children. I mean when they became deaf, but I think for you you will hear without lipreading because you knew how to do that before. You have that memory. Don't leave your audiologists team or doctor without any questions. Ask them anything. It's important.

I remember reading an article about Rush Limbaugh who said that he was told that a siren would sound really different, but it didn't to him. It sounds like a siren. Same thing. I was told it would be alien foreign sound, but it really wasn't to me. As I was going through adjustments one time we were ready to leave the house, and I thought I heard whistling, but it really was my mom talking. Now, it's nothing compared to that. When I was reading a Children's book with audiotape I couldn't hear a word with the book reading along because it had real loud music. I tried a few times and gave up..then 3 weeks later I picked it up again, and I could follow the words reading along with with the loud music. It's important to go to mappings as they tell you and when you need to.

Can't swim with it on, can't sleep with it on, you should NOT go on rides with the external on. Take it off for each ride because I tried to do that, and I had my hand over it in a coop just in case, and it fell off with the wind and pressure. That's how powerful it is through rides, so don't ride with it if you do.

Tiara you mean you never heard real sounds or remember them? Im So sorry. I do not know deaf people who never heard a real sound in their life. I know its differcult. But i do now recomend people who never heard a sound in their life dont get a CI cause its not natrual from them,But when people had hearing for 20,30 or even 40 years in their life i recomend they get a CI. I have a feeling the next decade were going have fewer people with deafness because of stem cell research. Even children who lost hearing at age 5 and beyond because stem cell reserch and they can perform hair cell regeneration. And in about 25 years hearing loss will be the thing of the past.

ravensteve1961 said:
Tiara you mean you never heard real sounds or remember them? Im So sorry. I do not know deaf people who never heard a real sound in their life. I know its differcult. But i do now recomend people who never heard a sound in their life dont get a CI cause its not natrual from them,But when people had hearing for 20,30 or even 40 years in their life i recomend they get a CI. I have a feeling the next decade were going have fewer people with deafness because of stem cell research. Even children who lost hearing at age 5 and beyond because stem cell reserch and they can perform hair cell regeneration. And in about 25 years hearing loss will be the thing of the past.

LOL, no I used to be hearing, but I was a child when I lost my hearing suddenly. I remember being hearing (most kids do not, I believe), but not much on speech sounds. I remember talking to my grandma, what I said and what she sounded like. I have heard all the rest of my life with hearing aids. Problem was I had a hard time understanding some people and had to depend on mom to tell me what people said. It was frustrating and not fun for me. I did well with hearing aids to help me talk, hear better and hear environmental sounds. Now, it's no problem to understand many more people! Hearing aids didn't give me high frequency speech sounds which is so important for conversational speech clarity. There are some people that aren't really clear when they talk to me, but that's normal for many CI people considering that I and many others still function hard of hearing with the CI. Like the man in the SHHH Magazine said about a golfer he went with didn't understand a thing he said because he mumbled. He said that he believes that people are responsible to make their speech clear. That's right! CI doesn't cure, but restores more hearing. Music was boring for me most of the time, now I enjoy all wide ranges of it. Anyway, I hope it's a bit clearer about my hearing history. I feel more hard of hearing than deaf many days and many ways. I don't list everything I hear because when you repeat it so many times lol, one get tired of it.

Considering that I consider my hearing hard of hearing, I don't like that hard of hearing people complain about their hearing loss or take it for granted because I would rather have their hearing loss than be in the deaf range because they hear more :D . Many people would!

^Angel^ said:
TiaraPrincess,

Yes, God does have a way of helping people by showing them and sometimes there are sign out there that also helps you understand what God is trying to tell you... but in most cases, God doesn't cure a Deaf, Blind , or helping others to walk again even if you pray for it everyday but it will come when it is HIS time but in a few cases, I would say that God does cure a few of them but I haven't seen it in my own eyes yet but have heard about it years ago on TV...If some people really want to hear again, then there will be signs that show you what God can do to help you in a way, since we do make our own choices here on earth but with God's help of course....but, not everyone believe in that, so we can't force others to see the way you want them to see....Only people that understands about God and the things He has show us by seeking the help we want from HIM....

If some people have faith in God and believe within their heart that God can make them hear, see or walk again, if it doesn't happen now but it will happen later in HIS time, just have to believe instead of complaining about it, otherwise it makes it more like some people has lost faith in HIM....Always think positive and believe that you will hear, see or walk again!! ;)

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Best post, I ever read.

You said it wonderful than I could say anything.

Meg said:
Wait a minute...why do you say that I wont care to pray? Have I ever said that I am an atheist? I have never said that. I am very spiritual. I pray every single day.

It is my own opinion that it is selfish to be praying for restored hearing when there are much more sufferings out there.

That is my own opinion and you don't have to agree with me. I believe that God has better things to help out with than trying to restore hearing because being deaf is NOT bad. At least in my own eyes. But you don't have to agree with or attack me, Tiara, as you did in other post by calling me a Nazist.

You said that getting a CI can be Gods choice for anyone. I have a CI and I never viewed it as an answer from God. I view it as a man made choice. I made a choice to implant a manmade device in myself to see if it works. I am already happy being Deaf so I never prayed to be Hearing. I simply accepted God s Plan for me and make the best out of who I am while being on the Earth.

You do not know me at all so you should not judge me.

Yeah, she attacked on me one day after my CI thread were locked and nasty to me over my CI thread here in other forum because she dont like that I ask Mod. to close my CI thread here.

Tariaprincess,
I don't like you for judge everyone's opinion. I find it's disrespectful what you did with your posts. I'm very disappoint about your attitude! Anyway, I choose to ignore you in other forum.
Please respect us and do not use members's names for the example in your post, thank you

Last edited:
I having a hard time regaining my faith. Because im deaf. I didnt see why i deserved this.

Look at this from the Bible: John 14:23 5-7

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."

I am just saying that if you don't try to regain your faith, you won't understand your cause for deafness or find much the happiness you want on your own. You will just struggle on your own. That said, you have free will to pick what you want from now on. He has much more for your life and everyone than you can think of on your own.

My way is that I struggle without God. Life doesn't make much sense without the little voice and thoughts we have inside. It happens in His time an His way. Just ask him and you'll get an answer! Just be patient :).

ravensteve1961 said:
... Now isnt thats gods punishment for acting like a jerk?
No, that is the natural consequence of acting like a jerk. If you jump out of a plane without a parachute, and then squash like a pumpkin on the ground, do you think that is God's punishment? No! That is the natural consequence of breaking the law of gravity.

The real miracle is that no one was killed by the grenades.

ravensteve1961 said:
... So god can punish you if he feels youre doing something he doesnt want you to do. Like he punished rush limbaugh because he was trying to change our country. Maybe he punish me for that reason too!! Because i was preaching to certain people just how wrong the liberals are.
I don't think God was "punishing" Rush for "preaching" against liberals. I think Rush's hearing loss was a natural consequence of abusing pain medications. It is a common side effect of certain medications to destroy hearing. You know that.

Besides, if God truly wanted to stop Rush from working against liberals, God would not have let Rush get a CI to regain his hearing, right?

You said that your recent hearing loss was a side effect of medication. That is a natural consequence, not a punishment. Our bodies are very susceptible to side effects from chemicals in medications. That is sad but true. That is not a punishment from God.

However, God can use your deafness for good purposes. It all depends on how you react to your situation.

posts from hell said:
Or it is actually God punishing US.... (the ad'ers) for having u come here? Is that a possiblity?
Tsk, tsk, be nice. ;)

Back