Rats have empathy

I didn't get to do any dissection at my school b/c a bible thumper parent went overboard with protesting about it, so we only got to read about it... :/

Shoot, where is the unhappy like button? :(

For the record, most of what I learned about biology is self taught.

My class dissect foetal pigs high school...we have choice abstain. I abstain, then look later my phone and Dallas put pig on his hand like puppet, take picture. *Barf*

I didn't get to do any dissection at my school b/c a bible thumper parent went overboard with protesting about it, so we only got to read about it... :/

Oh, yeah. God forbids you learning science. Bet that Bible thumper would change his or her mind about dissection if he/she needed surgery. Be more than happy that surgeon had practice and learning.

I know. The closet thing to me dissecting things was when my big sister pulled a baby rabbit from one of our cats' mouth and showed us what parts that the baby rabbt had. They were hanging out where it's head used to be. I was 7 at the time.

Oh, yeah. God forbids you learning science. Bet that Bible thumper would change his or her mind about dissection if he/she needed surgery. Be more than happy that surgeon had practice and learning.

A good alternation to doing dissections on carcasses would be to use a software instead, a lot of schools are investing in technology like the iPad these days.

A good alternation to doing dissections on carcasses would be to use a software instead, a lot of schools are investing in technology like the iPad these days.

I think this is probably the way it will go for high schools. My nephew is teaching a paperless class this year. He wrote the proposal and got it funded so that all students in the class are provided an iPad.

Many college science texts include interactive CD's. More and more professors are requiring the use of these CD's as a part of the course requirements. But, for certain measures, actual hands on would be preferable.

I think this is probably the way it will go for high schools. My nephew is teaching a paperless class this year. He wrote the proposal and got it funded so that all students in the class are provided an iPad.

Many college science texts include interactive CD's. More and more professors are requiring the use of these CD's as a part of the course requirements. But, for certain measures, actual hands on would be preferable.

Too bad there were no such class when I was in high school. I hated writing things by hand. I remember my teacher made me rewrite a paper I wrote and I rebelled after the 4th rewrite. I had to write that damn paper by hand.

Nothing like good ol hands on science though.

Rat on a stick? Yummmmm!

at-the-market-rat-on-a-stick-bitung.jpg

Either cool or sadistic. Hard to tell.

My biology teacher beheaded the frogs literally minutes before we came into class. When we dissected them, we could see that their hearts were still beating. We were trying to find ways to keep it beating as long as possible: putting Coke/sugar on it and using a battery and paperclip. We could even hold the heart between our fingers, and it still would beat. Felt like that temple of doom guy in Indiana Jones.

Now THAT'S sadistic.

And, admittedly, kinda cool too.

My biology teacher beheaded the frogs literally minutes before we came into class. When we dissected them, we could see that their hearts were still beating. We were trying to find ways to keep it beating as long as possible: putting Coke/sugar on it and using a battery and paperclip. We could even hold the heart between our fingers, and it still would beat. Felt like that temple of doom guy in Indiana Jones.

Now THAT'S sadistic.

Betcha learned quite a bit from that teacher.

And PETA wants to complain about animals used in experiments. They need to go after the biology teachers and leave researchers alone, lol.

Really careless of the kid to fall in the pit and the man coming in to the pit with a weapon is even more careless as well because apes take their "terrority" seriously. When that ape saw that man with the stick, he felt threatened so of course he would run around looking like he is about to attack, but that's not the ape's fault. He shouldn't even try getting close to that ape with the stick, otherwise he's asking for trouble. big trouble.

I know apes are very protected of their babies and the guy could had be a threat that way too. I saw a show on PBS about elephant named Echo and it was amazing how elephants looks out for other elephants babies.

Now THAT'S sadistic.

That would be ribbiting. :)

I had already field dressed dozens of animals so I didn't get the same thrill as alot of people. It was fun watching others react though.

Back