Random Vents.....

Sunshine, you could also celebrate your 1/2 birthdays, too. Then, you'd get a special day in the summer.

I would celebrate a half birthday except my half birthday is like a 2 days before Christmas. I am so not getting my way on a half birthday. :(

But I second that idea for Sunny - a half birthday in July! :)

Dixie, I hope you don't have Vista on your system! When I worked as a "Rent-a-Network-Admin" for the county gov't we always replaced Vista. It's that horrible. Even us tech get rid of it immediately! I use XP on older hardware, and Windows 7 on the all newer stuff that can handle it.

As for web browsers, I use FF most often. But where I can't, like on my phone, I use Opera Mini - Works a lot better than the old "Internet Exploder". :D

I use Windows 7 on my laptop, and XP on my desktop. I have an old laptop with Vista and I regret buying it when I did.

I am currently at the theatre to watch The Muppets with my DD. They are running a full hour behind. Boo.

I relate. I miss my father every day of my life, but especially at Christmas time, because he spent so much time doing charitable work during the season. It was his favorite time of year. I had a very close relationship with my dad, and he is in large part responsible for my social conscious.

:hug:

My birthday Christmas time. Sucks! Bad time for birthday.

Agree. Until first grandson born on, uh, 14th December, only have nephew born 17th December. Now, eldest daughter have c-section 23rd December. Horrible for all three to have birthday close to holiday.

Is why I do "Birthday Month."

I relate. I miss my father every day of my life, but especially at Christmas time, because he spent so much time doing charitable work during the season. It was his favorite time of year. I had a very close relationship with my dad, and he is in large part responsible for my social conscious.

:hug: The loss of my dad's the worst, at the moment, but I've lost two aunts, my grandma, and my great-grandma, and now my dad, since 2007, and the three I was closest to in the last three years. I've gotten to where I have a love-hate relationship with the holidays. One of my aunts I only got to see at the holidays, so I really didn't miss her keenly until then. I lived with my grandma (we have a duplex, my sister's in her house) so I had empty-house syndrome for a couple of days, then we moved everything around. The next year I was taking care of my grandmother when she died (by far the easiest to deal, out of the last three), and I was prepared, and it was early in the year, so I had a while before the holidays. Then now it's my dad this year. I mean, he wasn't my biological dad, but he was more of a dad to me than my father ever was, and I miss him and his advice...There's nothing but constant reminders these days. You know? Oh, Dad'd know what to do, he'd know how to handle things. I just have a terrible feeling about next year, like someone else is going to die.

Sometimes I'd give anything to have my family back. The only person I can vent to (in my family) now is my mom, and she's going through worse than me, and she's been battling depression for years and I couldn't bear to lose her. A week after my dad died she threatened suicide...and money's not so great now and she's so stressed it worries me. And I feel bad venting to my bestie, 'cause she's sitting there, watching my life (and me) fall apart, and there's not much she can do about it.

Sounds like we need a group hug for several members. :grouphug:

Why, if we are all done with the decorating and have had dinner and are relaxing and watching a movie, does my MIL decide to have hubby rearrange all the Christmas village on the TV? IT made him block the TV screen and I could not watch the movie. Then, she has the balls to complain that I have to "ruin the picture by having those letters dancing along the screen". She knows what captioning is and why I have them.

Counting down the months. Construction has not started yet, but only a few more weeks till it does, then we have 6-9 months to go.

I hope you can get moved out soon. That's why I watch TV upstairs in my bedroom, no one complains about it there.

I hope you can get moved out soon. That's why I watch TV upstairs in my bedroom, no one complains about it there.

Tried to watch the movie on my computer, but it froze halfway through. There's nowhere to put a TV in our room right now much less the DVD player or XBox.

Tried to watch the movie on my computer, but it froze halfway through. There's nowhere to put a TV in our room right now much less the DVD player or XBox.

Have you thought about using a portable DVD player? My DD uses one when we are on long trips in the truck. From what I've seen, it's capable of using the English subtitles.

Have you thought about using a portable DVD player? My DD uses one when we are on long trips in the truck. From what I've seen, it's capable of using the English subtitles.

Will think on that. Have to see if I can afford it and if it is worth it when I only need to deal with this for 6-9 months.

I have a 7" TV that I originally bought in case of power outage as it can run on batteries. No choice of font or other formatting but it gets captions fine and for one or two it it big enough to read.

#%^^^%#}}%%^***#!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad say he bring stand here yesterday, then he too tired. He say he bring today 6:00. I sit here, wait, one hour half. Finally text mom, she text back dad not able get someone help him. He not coming. Wtf?? Dallas here. Plus, he could not text, let me know?!?!? I sit wait 90 minutes!!!!

Will think on that. Have to see if I can afford it and if it is worth it when I only need to deal with this for 6-9 months.

In your situation, it would totally be worth it. I would snag one up now during these holiday sales to get one cheap. Once you move into your new place, you could use it during power outtages, and also during long road trips. It would be perfect for you.

My rant for the week is this stupid head cold!
Massive head congestion, everything is muffled and echoing.
Ears keep popping and all I can taste is iron from the post nasel drip, which will probably give me chest congestion in a few days.

Also my job is being cut in less than 2 weeks. I'll be outta a job and all the medical and insurance benefits that go with it.

I'm the one keeping the roof over our head and the power on. How are we going to make it on 1 paycheck!?!

Bad week

Ears keep popping and all I can taste is iron from the post nasel drip, which will probably give me chest congestion in a few days.

Also my job is being cut in less than 2 weeks. I'll be outta a job and all the medical and insurance benefits that go with it.

I'm the one keeping the roof over our head and the power on. How are we going to make it on 1 paycheck!?!

Bad week

Sounds like a sinus infection. Might want to see a doctor and get anitbiotics for that.

So sorry!!!

Bad week

God, what an awful time to lose your job. I'm so sorry. Hope you start feeling better soon and that there are other job offers coming your way.:angel:

Back