Raise your hands up only!

I know, but my speech is very hard for some people understand and my education is so poor it would had taken me forever to get throught college. I know I will never be content with being HOH.

Thanks a lot.

yanqin1.jpg

yanqin2.jpg

yanqin3.jpg

Thank you for sharing.
Have a nice day.

guess you don't raise your hands up, correct?

:wave: if I didn't lose my hearing I wouldn't have gone here and learned many things. I wouldn't see things how I do now. Not that I'm happy all the time as you guys have just learned with my recent sadness. But I can still put my hand up-

When you were born profoundly deaf or any form of hearing losses. And You don't have any issues about being depression about being deaf.

So I have created a place where you can share your experiences of being deaf that you do not have any uneasy issues, but joy.

:fruit:

Bumping old threads, eh? I would have done that to keep things rolling instead of being bored. ;)

Anyhoo, to answer the OP's question --

Did it cross my mind to think that depression stems from my deafness? No. Sure, it has brought a lot of communication barriers with people who does not sign, prejudice, and frustration. However, it never crossed my mind to feel sorry about myself being deaf. Being deaf since birth is the only way I've known and it has molded me for who I am today. In fact, I have had a lot of joy being deaf. I grew up in a 24/7 signing environment. I went to a residential school for the deaf, graduated from there. This is where I was able to obtain all means of communication access.

I've asked myself this - What would life be like if I am hearing? I absolutely have no idea what it would be like. All I know that is, it will be forever altered. Would I be depressed to become hearing? Probably yes, because being deaf is something I am accustomed to and I'm happy with that.

Back