Raise your hands up only!

I am glad you grew up being happy about your deafness. I grew up HATING it.

YES!! YES!! I knew I could not be the only one that HATED being HOH ,and I still HATE IT!!! It SUCK BIG TIME!! I when to a town meeting last night and I hated not being able hear everything. I miss so much being HOH!

I may be wrong but I think it also has a lot to do with how your family school and society treated you for being deaf or HOH when growing up. At least that is how it was with me.

YES!! YES!! I knew I could not be the only one that HATED being HOH ,and I still HATE IT!!! It SUCK BIG TIME!! I when to a town meeting last night and I hated not being able hear everything. I miss so much being HOH!

But I dont hate my deafness anymore since learning ASL and discovering the Deaf community.

But I dont hate my deafness anymore since learning ASL and discovering the Deaf community.

I am poor at spelling ASL would not work for me . And there is no deaf community in my small city and I was not welcome into the deaf community at college. I am going to alway hate being HOH as it will most likely get worst the older I get. I see nothing great about being HOH, it has done nothing good for me. That is great you do not hate being HOH . I am really upset about not being able spell and have a speech defect. I could had been a lawyer , I was told by a few people I would had been a good lawyer.

I became deaf a number of years ago in 1990. I did go through a bit of depression and then some absolute anger. The anger was related to frustration with others attitudes. Then, I got attitude of my own, started meeting other people, learning asl and being able to have a few deaf friends. I enjoy my deaf coffee friends and my alldeaf friends. It was some of my alldeaf friends who helped me to overcome the anger. (Thanks guys) I can say now that I am quite content with my deafness.

Oh, and fyi, there are Deaf lawyers, doctors, nurses, CEOs and other proffessional people who are Deaf/hoh and doing very well.

I became deaf a number of years ago in 1990. I did go through a bit of depression and then some absolute anger. The anger was related to frustration with others attitudes. Then, I got attitude of my own, started meeting other people, learning asl and being able to have a few deaf friends. I enjoy my deaf coffee friends and my alldeaf friends. It was some of my alldeaf friends who helped me to overcome the anger. (Thanks guys) I can say now that I am quite content with my deafness.

Oh, and fyi, there are Deaf lawyers, doctors, nurses, CEOs and other proffessional people who are Deaf/hoh and doing very well.

I know, but my speech is very hard for some people understand and my education is so poor it would had taken me forever to get throught college. I know I will never be content with being HOH.

Hmm. I would say raising my both hands but one hand is half lower down for the rest of my average life. For the past few years now I am very proud and raise my both hands at much higher in the air. Hearing people cannot ever belittle or put me down. Not ever! Don't let 'em.

Pattern is supposed to be oral deaf are sadder, right? Asked the oral deaf person. (Like the elephant in the room.)

That's what it has crossed my mind. I still would like to see what PFH was going to say something the specific reason.

I was born Profoundly Deaf and I never been depressed about it even though some hearing people treated me badly. I always think it is THEIR problem, it not my problem and it not my fault.

I wouldn't change who I am.

Pattern is supposed to be oral deaf are sadder, right? Asked the oral deaf person. (Like the elephant in the room.)

That's what it has crossed my mind. I still would like to see what PFH was going to say something the specific reason.

Bottesini, I think you got the gist of it. Although like Frisky Feline says I think PFH likes to get people pondering and trying to read his mind :P :giggle:

IMO, Oral deaf (I was raised one as you all know), the only ones who appear happy the way they are, are the ones in denial of who they really are.

I was born profoundly Deaf into a great hearing family who didn't believe my Deafness needed to be "fixed". I grew up happy and able to communicate easily and never had any depression about not being able to hear. :)

*raising my hand*
Yeah, I was born deaf and have no problem with being deaf. The only problem is other people's negative perception of :deaf:.

My only depression relates to hearies not knowing that our culture and community even exists. As I educate in my daily life, hearies, it amazies me what they are missing out on. This beautiful life, and unique way in which we all see this world, they do not see at all. Now *that's* depressing.

I'm perfectly fine with myself. I mean although I have 2 Cochlear implants, i'm perfectly fine with it.

And honestly? I don't really care about what other people think about me. I'm proud of who I am. Who cares if I have a CI? Who cares if I can't talk very well? Who cares about how I look? I enjoy being me, and That's who I intend to be.

Back