Racism?

The Heretic said:
:laugh2:
You obviously jumped in late in this thread, Kalboy. Would it be too difficult for you to scroll up and read the other posts? I don't see any reason to play to your music and repeat myself. If you can, then address my first post in this thread and point out where i didn't "proof" my point. If you can't (and i'm a betting man that you won't) then why bother post here?

exactly! if you didn't/can't proof that your option is superior, then it is just an opinion like BBNT said. See how simple is that! YAY! first grade math is fun!! :rofl:

As scripted...

kalboy said:
exactly! if you didn't/can't proof that your option is superior, then it is just an opinion like BBNT said. See how simple is that! YAY! first grade math is fun!! :rofl:

Like clockwork, you fell for it.
:beer:
Thanks a bunch for not deviating from my prediction.

The Heretic said:
Like clockwork, you fell for it.
:beer:
Thanks a bunch for not deviating from my prediction.

how does it feels like when you cage yourself in your so-called delusion being an expert in philosophy. ecstatic, I hope. like another form of masturabation.

The Heretic said:
Since this is the On-Topic Debate forum, i'm going to chalk this response to the classical hand-wave.

Once you learn how to qualify your assertions, then feel free to get back to me and explain yourself. Since you seem to be incapable, then there's no point in treating all opinions the same as if there aren't any qualitative differences between them.
:zzz:

I don't need 10 dollar words to make my point. If you weren't so full of yourself you might be able to understand that :zzz:

bbnt said:
I don't need 10 dollar words to make my point. If you weren't so full of yourself you might be able to understand that :zzz:

Now you know why bbnt is one of my all time favourite members in all forums!!! He is down to earth and doesn't use superficial words.. I can relate to him in a lot of ways.

If you aren't asian, you are not allowed on their executive board. If you aren't black, you aren't allowed on their executive board.

VamPyroX said:
If you aren't asian, you are not allowed on their executive board. If you aren't black, you aren't allowed on their executive board.

Please explain?

VamPyroX said:

if that is true, i don't think it is political correct. but i doubt that their by-laws actually would state something like that. Perhaps nobody beside asian or black had ever been on the executive board, but that doesn't means they are not allowed.

bbnt said:

10 dollar words? More like 2 cents :afro:

bbnt said:
Please explain?
If you want to be on the executive board of the Asian Deaf Club, you have to be of asian nationality. If you aren't, you don't qualify. The same goes for Ebony Club.

kalboy said:
if that is true, i don't think it is political correct. but i doubt that their by-laws actually would state something like that. Perhaps nobody beside asian or black had ever been on the executive board, but that doesn't means they are not allowed.
It says on their flyers that they have posted around campus. They usually do this when they are having elections for new executive board.

kalboy said:
dude, you need a major ego check .. can you proof that YOUR opinions are "superior" than the others? Lets say, how about some published work. Hmm, a degree from somewhere?

Now I understand where the friction is... I think!

kalboy, no one needs a degree to disagree or agree with something, or have a view on something. Heretic is entitled to his views, as you are. bbnt also is entitled to be skeptic of Heretic's statements and how he looks at things, too. It's part of the fun of a great debate without having to put anyone down.

I guess this is a case where everyone can agree to disagree on terminology. No harm, no foul. Heretic, I still disagree with your statement about deaf culture being wiped out along with the sign languages in the future. I think it will just evolve to adapt with all new factors (scientific advent, technology, new ways of thinking, etc), hopefully, for the better - as far as cultures go!

:type: :naughty:

Vampy, when I attended gally - I was welcomed to participate in ISC (International Students' Club, for students from other countries) and Rainbow, even though I don't share the characteristics of these groups. I even hung out with students who were from countries like Pakistan, Iran, China, Malaysia, South Africa, Canada, you name it. You just can't waltz into a club, and demand you want the right to participate - you gotta prove yourself and earn others' trust. Make friends. Hope I made myself understandable.. let me know if I didn't! Thanks for starting this thread, and I think it's something important we should talk about.

VamPyroX said:
What's your opinion on this? Being white is a race. Being straight is a form of sexuality.

being white in the usa is not a race. You can not come with some sort of "white" club on any major college campus because white people do not share similar background. However, you can, form an irish club, proven that there exists some people who are irish or interested in studying the irish culture. since asians/black rarely compress 10% of the population in some parts of the US. They share some kind of common background that i call "peoplehood' which can bring them together. An analogy to this is that there exists no "hearing" club out there for all the hearing people, because such notion would be too lax in defnition.

kalboy said:
being white in the usa is not a race. You can not come with some sort of "white" club on any major college campus because white people do not share similar background. However, you can, form an irish club, proven that there exists some people who are irish or interested in studying the irish culture. since asians/black rarely compress 10% of the population in some parts of the US. They share some kind of common background that i call "peoplehood' which can bring them together. An analogy to this is that there exists no "hearing" club out there for all the hearing people, because such notion would be too lax in defnition.
You make a point in one part... however, being chinese, japanese, or korean is being asian. Therefore, asian is a race. Being irish, german, russian, english, or italian is being white. Therefore, white is a race.

If they want to be anal about me calling it a "White Club". Fine, I'll call it "Caucasian Club".

VamPyroX said:
You make a point in one part... however, being chinese, japanese, or korean is being asian. Therefore, asian is a race. Being irish, german, russian, english, or italian is being white. Therefore, white is a race.

If they want to be anal about me calling it a "White Club". Fine, I'll call it "Caucasian Club".

In some areas of USA... Caucasian folks are the minority.

Banjo said:
In some areas of USA... Caucasian folks are the minority.
In that case, I do have a right to set up "Caucasian Club" in those parts!

So what's wrong with making friends with everyone? You get to be part of their worlds, no matter what they are.

Liza said:
So what's wrong with making friends with everyone? You get to be part of their worlds, no matter what they are.
I agree with you! However, here... there are certain groups who leave others out because they are not of the same race.

VamPyroX said:
I agree with you! However, here... there are certain groups who leave others out because they are not of the same race.

That's their loss. ;)
Doesnt mean we have to be like them.

Wanna join my universe club? It's for everyone. :wave:

Back