quitting smoking? i need u!

Wow....

Wow... I know quitting is hard but I didn't know how HARD it is! I know it may not apply to this thread but I wanna share! I don't know some of you knew I am adopted. I have always wanted to meet my birth mom. I dreamt all the times when I was little just to meet her! until I found my family. When I found them, first thing I thought yeah! I can meet my mom!! and thought my dream came true. I called my natural sister for the first time, I asked her where's my birth mother? She said to me, "oh... she would love to meet you, She passed away two years ago." I cried and collasped. I just wanted to meet her so bad. She died from Lung cancer because she was a heavy smoker.

I thought I do want to meet her and love her and dang! I couldn't meet her! But I am glad she has 4 girls that I can meet and ask them about my birth mom.

SO keep it up and fight hard!!!! GOOD LUCK you all who are trying to quit!!!! *hugs*

quit smoking

There is a product that contains shredded beef jerky ina container that looks very much like chewing tobacco. Some gas/ convience stores got them. Buy a few of those and every time you get a craving, take a pinch of beef jerky and put it between lips and gums and just suck on it for a while just like you do chewing tobacco. That helped me. Try it.

There is a product that contains shredded beef jerky ina container that looks very much like chewing tobacco. Some gas/ convience stores got them. Buy a few of those and every time you get a craving, take a pinch of beef jerky and put it between lips and gums and just suck on it for a while just like you do chewing tobacco. That helped me. Try it.

but i dont chew tobacco... i only smoke them... i do not want to develop or change habit from smoking into smokeless... now thats just GROSS! lol. i perfer to be completely free.

my jaws are sore though from so much gum lol (not nicotine gum) i think im okay during the daytime cuz i was able to keep busy but it was nighttime that was hardest.

SpiceHD, just think about how much $$$ you are saving by not buying any more cigarettes! !

^ She's right about that...

AND those nicotine patches did not help me at all, but it does help some people as I heard, good luck SpiceHD, hope you will be able to get all the supports you need from these members here, :)

I quit smoking almost 10 yrs ago. The first time I tried using patches and stay off for a year and went back on it and then a year later, I've tried Zyban which does help to curb my nicotine addiction and it actually withdraws the nicotine out of my system. Now, I have no feeling or urge or need to have a ciggy. :) Good Luck! It does take time to go thru that and you're not alone.

Quit smoking - Smoking Addiction, Withdrawal Symptoms, Ways To Stop

NoSmoking.jpeg

I tried about 25 times quitting smoking, image I had asthma! I had real bad asthma attack and that is when I decided not to pick up the Marlboro again! So, now it is 11 1/2 years ago! :) The first two years is the toughest! Trust me, once your more than 2 years it gets manageable. I still get some urge but it is only temporarily!

DHB

No more smoking for me, that's fucking hard to quit it, also I hate smoking. :eek:

I commend you for trying to quit. I'm not a smoker but my boyfriend is 37 years old and has been smoking since the age of 12. It's not an easy feat so I truly do wish you luck. Have you considered trying Chantix? I've been hearing good things about it.

SpiceHD

Way to go for your quitting.. I quit smokes 5 years ago on March 14, 2002.. I am so thankful that I quit this crap! and I do not need it.. Infact I guess my body was totally fed up with the smokes when I quit.. out of blue--- I took couple puff and I threw it on ground then never smokes again.... No patches, no pills etc I DO KNOW it is hard! i have quit few times before this big quit...

Lot people was surprised that I quit. they kept said Man.. I know it was hard, i told them "truth?? It wasn't hard" they were confused so I explained to them. They tell me I was very lucky that it was the *easiest* quit I ever had in my life and I still will remain to be NOT smoking for many more years.. I can NOT go back to the way I used to ( a chainsmoker )..

As for these Informations that you may end up feeling nervous etc, tempting or cravings.. find something to do.. Perhaps go for a walk even just a block or down the roads It does help me.. ever since I quit smokes, I cont. to walk, so My walking does keep me calm! i even do get panic attack so I end up going for a walk :)

SpiceHD! Good for you for quitting! that is If you did it on your own terms, and on your own power will. If you do then you will success.. No more *hmm i got to go back on it* :)

Wendy

*I was away for a day half due of Renovating my Livingroom. FINALLY i am done!* so.. sorry if I didnt catch it earlier :)

for me quitting was easy cuz i've always hated smoking.. but usually smoked in times of stress... so quitting was pretty hard when i was stressed.. but once the stress was gone, it was easy to quit. I think it's an individual's preference on how they choose to quit.

yeah well i cant say i completely understand how u feel because i m a non smoker myself which u obviously know but i ve been watching my step dad suffering as a result for long term smoking think of it this way u re saving urself from painful death an very very very slow and painful death that begins with astham then some lung damage hell my grandma betty is dying cuz of that her lung is filled with holes and water basically smoking is killing her
(hope i didnt scare u ) the point is my step dad tried to quit and it s hurting him to even stay away from smoking so i only can say i understand how u feel just by my observation and honeslty it scared me enough to not even start smoking (plus cigs tastes like shit)
and yes i m leaning u my support like always u ll always have my support as a best friend should always do remember if u need help for anything at all talk to me cuz i wanna help u quit too XD

Iam with darkflare here...I am a nonsmoker. Tried smoking in high school but it burned my chest the first time I inhaled and I was turned off for life. However, my husband smokes and he has a hard time quitting. He tried 2 years ago...did well for 2 months but temptation took over so he went back. However, he smokes about 2 cigars a day as opposed to 2 packs a day like he did 2 years ago so that is better. Hopefully, he will get sick of it someday.

Hang in there. Seems like other ADers have great advice and ideas. :)

Good luck!

Reminds me of another sign I saw in one mens room years ago:

"Please do not throw your butts into the urinal.
It makes them soggy and hard to light...."

Never did find the guy who was collecting them.

I quit smoking since i was 19 age due trouble breath so i decied quit it's does work for me but sometime i was in hella mood i grab 1 cig make me relxas as high LOL!

I'm totally feeling your pain. I quit 2/14/2007 & every day is a struggle not to pick up a Marlboro 27. Just typing this makes me want to have one. But, I continue to remind myself that I have gone this long, I don't need to start, because that means I'd have to quit again. You're doing great & on the cusp of being free...the nicotine is finally out of your system (it takes about 3 days) so you're truly a non smoker...Congrats!! Keep it going...you're saving money, you're getting healthy. Smokes in WA are nearly $6.00...I was spending about 75.00 to 100.00 bucks a week to suffocate myself slowly to death...how crazy is that??? SpiceHD - You can do it!! I believe in you!!! Peppermints help too, they make the air hit the back of your throat when you breath in, much like a cigarette smoke would hit the back of your throat...any how...it helps a bit... Good luck, you can do!

Back