Question about vegan

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had found that vegan would help to lose the weight so quickly than regular diet, also I was stated that person who become vegan for temporary, included with no dairy, no meat, no sugar food and no pop soda (except for diet pop soda). I would think about it but really concern about can eat mac and cheese, along with other vegetable?

My question is related about vegan, not excerise or whatever.

Vegan is a lifestyle, not a diet. Sugar and soda are not animal products (unless you don't want to condone bone-char processing) so they are still considered vegan. Cheese is an animal product. Vegans do not eat, wear, use or use animal products.

If you are trying to lose weight, do you really think you should eat macaroni & cheese?

Vegan (or strict vegetarian) is not a foolproof way to lose weight. Odds are you'll be healthier, though.

Being Vegan isn't gonna help you magically lose weight it's a big change for your body than may end up making you gain weight for awhile. I was a veg head for 2 years and gained weight at that start even though i kept it to a very healthy diet but it was just a change for my body that it made me gain weight because it thought i was starving it of that extra food.

Here are 10 top listing that actual help you lose fat.

LadyThrills.com - Top 10 Foods That Burn Fat

1. Cayenne Pepper
2. Cinnamon
3. Ginger
4. Citrus Fruits
5. Apples and Berries
6. Soybeans
7. Bananas
8. Essential Fatty Acids
9. Garlic
10. Dairy Products

Might want to check your facts on #10. The dairy companies are no longer allowed to advertise dairy promoting weightloss because the opposite was found in studies (that WERENT funded by the dairy industry.)

Vegetarian myself.

Help to lose the weighs? I am not sure, but if you try become vegan, you will feel like you have to eat more more more, and have to eat all day, but later you will used with it and not eat so much everyday.

I am very happy to be a vegetarian because everytime I eat the meat, a picture of dead cow hanging, pig's chopped leg, fly buzzing around bloody dead animals, etc etc etc really disguested me. I am very happy that I don't have to eat meat and think about those gross pictures in my mind.

But, being a vegan, that mean you CAN'T eat any of diary, like chesse, yoguart, milk, cottage chesse, sour cream, etc, but vegetarian can. It's not that hard to be a vegan, but just need specific vitnams to keep you well-balanced.

Not really.

It would help to lose weight when you eat good carbohydrate in mornings and protein/carbohydrate/neutral in noon and protein in evenings. It should be 5 small portion a day and plenty of liquids without caffeeine (should be water, herbal tea)

Example:

1st Breakfast
whole wheat cereals
OR
wheat rolls or bread with low-fat butter/margaine, jams.
OR
eggs and toasts.

2nd Breakfast
wheat cereals
OR
fruits
OR
yoghurt

lunch:
lean meat (lean meat is low fat but high protein), potatoes, vegetables, gravy
OR
Sandwiches (low fat meats like ham, turkey, chicken with salads)
OR
any low fat foods

afternoon
fruit or yoghurt

evening:
NO Carbohydrate!!! Just protein...

Lean turkey, chicken or ham with salad
OR
cottage cheese with salad
OR
protein milk shake
OR
fry vegetables ...

if you are hungry then pick apple or kiwi...

I am a vegetarian for 15 years, and never have any problem.

Cheese is made from milk and rennet. There are three types of rennet: plants, friendly bacteria, and cow's eye balls & stomach. Beware of the choice for the rennet. That's why I have to make sure that rennet does not come with the cheese.

Many cheese products have a rennet on the ingredients, I always check or ask someone what kind of rennet does it have. I don't buy dead animal in the cheese. A dead animal is dead animal, and it is really gross.

Again, if the rennet is for plants/friendly bacteria, then it is fine for me to buy either the cheese or raw cheese.

I love RAW cheese - it is the best because pasteurized homogenized cow's milk is not quite good because it eliminates many nutrients. Raw milk has many good nutrients in it. RAW cheeses do not harm you - nothing happens to me for 6 years.

Hmm. Blue cheese is so good. yum...

In a general idea of how to make a basic cheese, perhaps, you might like to know about it. Here is the link: http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...ese_course.htm

I forgot about vegan. It is very strict selection. I tried to be a vegan, and it was not possible for me. Vegetarian is a good way to loose your weight. Cottage cheese is fine, and it is not that bad. Indeed, all cheeses make you fat - not cottage cheese because it is less fat. That's unfortunate.

It NEVER good idea for you to buy a non-fat cheese or non-fat milk, diet sugar, or other type of diet because it contains aspartame which is true not healthy for anyone. You can find many list on Google how bad the aspartame is.

Regular food is fine as long as you know what are you doing with your "natural" diet. All you have to use your common sense to find the right food - no meat, no junk food, no more habit eating food, etc. Hopefully, no temptation at late night looking at the refrigerator. :giggle:

I am a vegetarian for 15 years, and never have any problem.

Cheese is made from milk and rennet. There are three types of rennet: plants, friendly bacteria, and cow's eye balls & stomach. Beware of the choice for the rennet. That's why I have to make sure that rennet does not come with the cheese.

Many cheese products have a rennet on the ingredients, I always check or ask someone what kind of rennet does it have. I don't buy dead animal in the cheese. A dead animal is dead animal, and it is really gross.

Again, if the rennet is for plants/friendly bacteria, then it is fine for me to buy either the cheese or raw cheese.

I love RAW cheese - it is the best because pasteurized homogenized cow's milk is not quite good because it eliminates many nutrients. Raw milk has many good nutrients in it. RAW cheeses do not harm you - nothing happens to me for 6 years.

Hmm. Blue cheese is so good. yum...

In a general idea of how to make a basic cheese, perhaps, you might like to know about it. Here is the link: http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...ese_course.htm

I forgot about vegan. It is very strict selection. I tried to be a vegan, and it was not possible for me. Vegetarian is a good way to loose your weight. Cottage cheese is fine, and it is not that bad. Indeed, all cheeses make you fat - not cottage cheese because it is less fat. That's unfortunate.

It NEVER good idea for you to buy a non-fat cheese or non-fat milk, diet sugar, or other type of diet because it contains aspartame which is true not healthy for anyone. You can find many list on Google how bad the aspartame is.

Regular food is fine as long as you know what are you doing with your "natural" diet. All you have to use your common sense to find the right food - no meat, no junk food, no more habit eating food, etc. Hopefully, no temptation at late night looking at the refrigerator. :giggle:

Wow, I'm very tempt to Mexican food. :lol:

Wow, I'm very tempt to Mexican food. :lol:

I used to love the Mexican food for a long time. It made me diarrhea once a while. Maybe, the Mexican employees did not wash their hands before they cook the food. :)pissed: and :squint: at Mexicans...)

I used to love the Mexican food for a long time. It made me diarrhea once a while. Maybe, the Mexican employees did not wash their hands before they cook the food. :)pissed: and :squint: at Mexicans...)

What? Where's Reba? :lol:

I am vegan. I don't know about loosing weight on a vegan diet. Some vegans are slim. Some aren't. I suppose it depends on your metabolism and what you eat.

It is far healthier for you though. As long as you take B12 supliments or food that has B12 added to it, avoid fried food (with hydronated fat) and microwave cooking (with risk of cancer).

While a vegan diet may be hard to begin with, if you stick with it for long enough you soon get used to it. Particularly since there are vegan substitutes for most things I liked as a pascotarian (someone who eats fish but no other meat).

I have met overweight vegans, but I would say the vast majority of vegans are of normal weight as opposed to non vegans. That said, I don't believe veganism will -make- you slim on it's own. It's not a diet plan.

To clarify, these have nothing to do with veganism, though. Health, yes.

True, but if you want to gain good health from a vegan diet it's advisable to eat healthy food. It helps to promote veganism if you are in good health. If not people will asume that it's the lack of dead animals that is causing this, not the unhealthy diet.

Mexicans are very anal about clean foods..I used to be married to one. Be careful what u say. :ty:

I think it was the spicy ingedrients in the food that caused u to have diarrhea cuz your body isnt used to it. It is common with people who dont eat spicy foods on a regular basis.

True, but if you want to gain good health from a vegan diet it's advisable to eat healthy food. It helps to promote veganism if you are in good health. If not people will asume that it's the lack of dead animals that is causing this, not the unhealthy diet.

I totally agree.

Not really,

My friend is a vegetarian since she was 13 years old. Right now, she's almost 29 years old. I can see her body is slightly overweight even she is in risk for obesity.

Back