Question about the future.

Prime Boss

Reaction score
It's something that friend of mine and I were having a serious discussion about the future. I already know that it will be brilliant future, but we were discussed about the Walt Disney Company.

From this point, lots of people hate the Walt Disney Company so much, I find it a very alarming about the future of Walt Disney Company. During the month of October, my dear friend, he happened to be shareholder of Disney, He said himself that Disney's future looks very bleak. He's very concerned of that path Disney is taking right now.

He stated that that company will not be around for very long. He feared the worst that it will be vanished completely by next century. Though, Comcast has failed in their purchasing of the Walt Disney Company. Their goal was: To restore all the Disney brands in the great length of respect.

Other users in the other forum that I spoke to, Disney has refused to sell shows' rights to another companies, more like they're admitting the defeat, to them, it's very risk to sell the rights. :roll:

Just like you guys are pissed off about Disney removed CC from UP dvd. It's very easy that Disney got away with it so much, that lead me to wondering about this..the question pop up in my head: "Can anybody save the Walt Disney Company?"

So what's your thoughts about this? You happen to agree with our views of the Walt Disney Company? That their future looks very bleak?

It's the biggest entertainment company in the world, so I doubt it is going to vanish anytime soon. It's also been around since the 1920s.

I think the Disney Corporation is just way to powerful to fold.

Why do you say that a lot of people hate Disney? And the future looks bleak? They are in the entertainment business, so they face new challenges when the economy is not so good. But they've been through the Great Depression and other recessions and survived, so I think they will be around for a while longer.

they'll most likely file for bankruptcy and sell off couple of amusement parks.

Why do you say that a lot of people hate Disney? And the future looks bleak? They are in the entertainment business, so they face new challenges when the economy is not so good. But they've been through the Great Depression and other recessions and survived, so I think they will be around for a while longer.

they can be around for a while longer ONLY IF they adapt to current event. If not - bye bye! They'll end up like Coney Island... all barren, rusty, and dead.

Also, they keep coming up with new trends for children. Like, the Disney channel with Miley Cyrus "Hannah Montana". For an entertainment company to survive, they need to keep up with popular trends and I think Disney has done a good job with that.

they can be around for a while longer ONLY IF they adapt to current event. If not - bye bye! They'll end up like Coney Island... all barren, rusty, and dead.
Nah, they'll get a bailout like Government Motors. :lol:

When Mr. Walt Disney was alive, he made Disney in California a wonderful entertainment park and so is the television. He was very successful with them. Then when he passed away, the company including the other new company like in Florida and other countries. It was a trying time to keep them above water. I used to watched most of the time on the Mickey Mouse program when I was a kid. Of course this program did not have CC, now that you mentioned that later on they should have CC for deaf children (if the deaf children can read CC) to watch. I have learned over the years that Disney company without Mr. Walt Disney is having a dying heart and maybe like Prime Boss said it could be possible that the Disney Company will go out with a bang. Kinda sad. :(

I have to disagree, any companies, no matter how big or powerful they are can and WILL eventually dies. Nothing can last forever and no company has the immunity to death.

I can give good example, Eastman Kodak was very BIG and powerful company, had over 88k employees, big money, nice paychecks for employees and generous retirement benefits. Now guess what? Kodak is now struggling to survive and now has less than 4k employees. Retirement is now on brink of losing benefit from Kodak because Kodak no longer can afford.

There are several major amusument companies are now struggling to survive, like Six Flags, Walt Disney is not alone.

I could do research and bring informations on these companies that were once big now is non-exist.

Ah another example, major airliner Pan-Am, is now gone and yes they were the one of big corporation that dies. Another example, we all know we depend on Energy and they should be strong, WRONG! Enron went out of business and yes they were once big company.

I have to disagree, any companies, no matter how big or powerful they are can and WILL eventually dies. Nothing can last forever

I can give good example, Eastman Kodak was very BIG and powerful company, had over 88k employees, big money, nice paychecks for employees and generous retirement benefits. Now guess what? Kodak is now struggling to survive and now has less than 4k employees. Retirement is now on brink of losing benefit from Kodak because Kodak no longer can afford.

There are several major amusument companies are now struggling to survive, like Six Flags, Walt Disney is not alone.

I could do research and bring informations on these companies that were once big now is non-exist.

But Disney is special...a rarity among entertainment companies. It is legendary.

Legendary never dies and that is true, still the "Physical" part will die no matter what. Legendary is just another term of "In memory"

But Disney is special...a rarity among entertainment companies. It is legendary.

Wasn't Enron in trouble because of scandals and poor accounting practices? That will take any company down.

Entertainment companies, as a whole, are in an interesting position because they are going to be the first place people cut expenses. They're "luxuries" in life and not necessities like food, shelter, etc.

Disney survived for almost 100 years..I say that is very unique...

just like Ford motors. I think when a company is innovative, they tend to have a long life regardless of trends in Wall Street.

Back