Question about facebook and friend died?

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who decease at my Facebook. I feel sad when I see him in my Facebook. I knew that I couldn't send e.mail to him because he couldn't delete his account? :( :(

I am curious what you do with your friend who decease and still on your Facebook? :hmm:

Only thing is leave a email addy/password hidden somewhere....in notebook, safe box etc...so one of us can delete it. Or like a person above me mentioned it...a help center.

I have a friend who left her daughter's FB page up after the daughter died. She did it only because the daughter's friends missed her so much. They send well wishes and post memories. This way the mother has a continuing memory-book type this about her daughter. She continues to post pictures and such and the friends also post their pictures, but there has been poetry, songs and all kinds of beautiful things posted. This child was only 12 when she died of a brain aneurysm.

Same here.. I have seen where people on FB have passed away and people continue to post pictures and such.. They leave it up like a memorial or something.

same as my friend who deceased in few months ago which is that she couldnt delete her account in FB..she had that FB since last year until few months ago, it impacted her :(

I do leave memories in her FB which others or family members can read and remember the memories. Otherwise, one of her family member or friends knows her password, can delete for her. Since few months, i do still see her on my friends list...

aw geez, i miss her.

It's more like it will never remove, unless someone have know her/his account to get in.

It's more like it will never remove, unless someone have know her/his account to get in.

No, Facebook have procedures for handling cases like this. They can and do close accounts belonging to those who are deceased. However, I'm not sure on the exact procedure. I'm guessing that someone has to request for it, but whether or not they need to be a close relative, I don't know...

I had a friend who died and she happened to have a FB account. I don't think FB can recognize who's alive or dead to do with the account but think it as a memorial or something. I sometimes go to her account and look over the pictures of her. It is the best part, I suppose.

yeah I have one freind still on my facebook even tho he passed away on thanksgiving day 2009... bleh he was my ex date for a while oh well.. I missed calling him on vp :( oh well I sometimes think about him but it makes me feel better knowing that he's in better place now :)

I would leave it as just is.

speaking of deceased ones, I just saw this today ..

if facebook existed years ago ..

o5dcae.jpg

I had a friend who died and she happened to have a FB account. I don't think FB can recognize who's alive or dead to do with the account but think it as a memorial or something. I sometimes go to her account and look over the pictures of her. It is the best part, I suppose.
Yes I agree with this. I know someone who died few months ago and he still has fb. It is alike seeing a ghost at fb. so sad.

I have my friend on my fb, the only way to cancel her account if her parents will provide a certificate of death to FB. She still on my fb.

I have a friend who left her daughter's FB page up after the daughter died. She did it only because the daughter's friends missed her so much. They send well wishes and post memories. This way the mother has a continuing memory-book type this about her daughter. She continues to post pictures and such and the friends also post their pictures, but there has been poetry, songs and all kinds of beautiful things posted. This child was only 12 when she died of a brain aneurysm.

Damn. That's way too young. :shock:

I know I'm late on the issue- but this happened to my friend. His friends/fam kept it open, and people drop by to leave him messages all the time, myself included. It made me sad when Facebook told me to reconnect with him, but I like being able to go to his page and see all his pictures and what everyone writes to him. That's just me, though. Same with my cousin, just on myspace.

I know I'm late on the issue- but this happened to my friend. His friends/fam kept it open, and people drop by to leave him messages all the time, myself included. It made me sad when Facebook told me to reconnect with him, but I like being able to go to his page and see all his pictures and what everyone writes to him. That's just me, though. Same with my cousin, just on myspace.

Nice! :|

Sorry, did I say something wrong?

No you didn't something wrong...

I know I'm late on the issue- but this happened to my friend. His friends/fam kept it open, and people drop by to leave him messages all the time, myself included. It made me sad when Facebook told me to reconnect with him, but I like being able to go to his page and see all his pictures and what everyone writes to him. That's just me, though. Same with my cousin, just on myspace

I mean.. Nice of them leave messages to his facebook.. I didn't leave any message to my deceased friend's facebook yet! :-\

No you didn't something wrong...

I know I'm late on the issue- but this happened to my friend. His friends/fam kept it open, and people drop by to leave him messages all the time, myself included. It made me sad when Facebook told me to reconnect with him, but I like being able to go to his page and see all his pictures and what everyone writes to him. That's just me, though. Same with my cousin, just on myspace

I mean.. Nice of them leave messages to his facebook.. I didn't leave any message to my deceased friend's facebook yet! :-\

Oh! Sorry, that "neutral" face is sort of misleading. And yeah, I comment on his every once in a while. I like the idea, because his parents can log on and see what we've written. :) Sorry about your friend! :(

Back