Question about facebook and friend died?

I have a friend of mine that just recently passed away on my FB and his account is still active. People have left photos, notes, messages, poems, etc on his page. It is nice to go through and read all of these. I think of it as becoming a memorial to that person. However if the family wishes to have the page removed they need to contact FB and find out what the proper procedures are for getting the page removed. I am sure you have to show a death certificate for that person though. However I have heard it is more difficult to get a MySpace page removed.

I have a friend of mine that just recently passed away on my FB and his account is still active. People have left photos, notes, messages, poems, etc on his page. It is nice to go through and read all of these. I think of it as becoming a memorial to that person. However if the family wishes to have the page removed they need to contact FB and find out what the proper procedures are for getting the page removed. I am sure you have to show a death certificate for that person though. However I have heard it is more difficult to get a MySpace page removed.

It is. They wanted a LOT of personal information on me, to make sure I was really his cousin. Which I guess I could understand, but I wanted a picture from his myspace to use at his funeral. I didn't want it taken down. I asked if I could have a picture instead sent to me, and not the password, but they just asked for too much personal info I wasn't comfortable with giving out. His page is still up and running as far as I know.

Back