Purple upset FCC says 'NO'

My good friend of Sorenson installer told me that Sorenson have video conference calls on VP200 for team meeting only.(not customers) Not needing VRS. That s up to 12 person on multi-party video conference at once.

surprise me told you before

deafaussie you got proof

My good friend of Sorenson installer told me that Sorenson have video conference calls on VP200 for team meeting only.(not customers) Not needing VRS. That s up to 12 person on multi-party video conference at once.

Then why cant we have THAT FEATURE in VP200 allowing us, consumers to use it. It doesn't make sense to me.

Then why cant we have THAT FEATURE in VP200 allowing us, consumers to use it. It doesn't make sense to me.

I agree you. If all deaf, then VRS provider can provide its own multi-video conference program for its deaf/hoh to use that and no need to use VRS? FCC said no. :roll:

I skipped all the E-VRS experts and am going to say this:

Directly from the Vlog purple rolled out about their disappointment - they lost a customer here.

They're morons for trying to pull that stunt and even worse so vlogging about it.

Directly from the Vlog purple rolled out about their disappointment - they lost a customer here.

They're morons for trying to pull that stunt and even worse so vlogging about it.

Is there even a major VRS company you're a fan of?

Is there even a major VRS company you're a fan of?
I was a fan of Purple.
Matter of fact - their service was the only one I used.

Now they're peddling more $$ from the FCC, it's BS.

I'm very annoyed about it, truly.

I'll have to do some more research on all the vrs companies and I guess pick the lesser evil.
ffs.

Chevy57....

I believe that sorenson doesn't bill FCC on that deaf multi-call... cuz there is no ex-parte from sorenson to support purple peition. So enuff said. If they have the feature to do the multi-call... that's from the vrs company's expense.

from my understanding, we all deaf ues the videophones to call point to point, all VRS are losing money that way not only one.

I was a fan of Purple.
Matter of fact - their service was the only one I used.

Now they're peddling more $$ from the FCC, it's BS.

I'm very annoyed about it, truly.

I'll have to do some more research on all the vrs companies and I guess pick the lesser evil.
ffs.

Let me kn know. :p For now, I am stuck with Viable Visiion. :p

Hey stutter-er!

I don't know your options about VRS providers up in Canada. They work well?

Don't think we have VRS in place. So far it's just point-to-point? I don't think we will have VRS in place until 2011, maybe 2012?

I am only using Viable because I got a Code 12 error with the P3 (when I looked it up, it means I got blocked.) Viable Vision didn't give me a Code 12 error. Plus the DVC1000 is discontinued. :\ So I am looking into a good webcam or see if I can snag a used videophone off of eBay.

Think the Canadian government will help with something like this?

Seems like to be a great business venture.

BTW - I'm on the look-out for Convo Communications.
I know the owners, so we'll see how it turns out.

wake up slap your face wake up wake up

point to point call aka deaf to deaf call MEANS no revenue!!! zero dollar

why stay in vrs business if all calls are deaf to deaf?

Sorenson smart move have Signmail only for vrs call

Purple dumb arse for videomail

What did Purple do to you?

that kind statement isn't necessary.

You don't get the point about Deaf to Deaf mean something not 'no revenue'. If Sorenson is doing that and they will return Sorenson favor to use their SVRS as well to keep develop as well.

The SignMail that TRS didn't pay for it. Sorenson paid the Video Center or the SignMail and get yourself spank!

What is the E-VRS?

I am aware that ZVRS is "stealing" SnapVRS's customers by switching the service so that the customers would get a better feature with their newer Ojo. :roll: (I probably won't switch the service.)

(It is just like AT&T is doing the same thing to ask the customers to join their telephone and cable.)

I agree you. If all deaf, then VRS provider can provide its own multi-video conference program for its deaf/hoh to use that and no need to use VRS? FCC said no. :roll:

Okay...let me clear this...If Sorenson did used conference calls for only team members who worked at Sorenson, then consumers not allowed to use the conference calls just because FCC said no? Geesh not fair at all...:shock:

I am aware that ZVRS is "stealing" SnapVRS's customers by switching the service so that the customers would get a better feature with their newer Ojo. :roll: (I probably won't switch the service.)

(It is just like AT&T is doing the same thing to ask the customers to join their telephone and cable.)

I already switched to ZVRS Ojo because it has better features than Snap does. Also, I don't like the color of orange in the background that Snap has. I like blue better with ZVRS.

Back