purple smartVP

I need specs of SmartVP. compatible with nTouch VP? I know about TelyHD VP under Skype. Work to compatible with Skype???

Wonderful

does SmartVP have Netflix?
if Yes, deaf people will be happy that if they watch Netflix, who ring dialog ID caller and Netflix?? but hate press "Switch" Video1 Video2 Video3 bored!

Just got a call from Purple and my installation date is April 10 at 4pm! Cant wait for new SmartVP! :D

That's what I want to know, too.

Even though SmartVP has great features, it's not compact like n-VP. Oh well, maybe someday in the future Purple will compact it like Sorensen did.

It should be free. I contacted Purple and make an appt for SmartVP installation. They didnt said anything that cost money or not free. If the installer come and tell me I have to pay for SmartVP then I would be happy to open my door and say BYE!:wave:

It's more like, if the customer will give up on Sorenson or ZVRS and switch the number to Purple's. That's what you would get free SmartVP. It better not be DumbVP lol

good point .. it might be. Any confirmation on this? I wonder if it will work with zvrs one number system as secondary.

It's more like, if the customer will give up on Sorenson or ZVRS and switch the number to Purple's. That's what you would get free SmartVP. It better not be DumbVP lol
I think it would violate FCC's rule. Remember when we got VPs from Sorensen, VRS competitors complained about not to be included.

I need DumbVP for free lol .... wait does SmartVP have Andriod OS ?

That's what I want to know, too.

Even though SmartVP has great features, it's not compact like n-VP. Oh well, maybe someday in the future Purple will compact it like Sorensen did.

The "n-VP" is not compact. The part on top of the TV is compact, but it connects to a "box" that isn't compact. The SmartVP just keeps it together as one unit, I think.

Image of SmartVP

Attachments

• SmartVP.jpg
    SmartVP.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 35
Looks like 1990's. We need smaller and lighter device.

Need iWatch?? Why not you buy Dick Tracy's watch?
gg_dtracy_smartwatch.jpg
:giggle:

The "n-VP" is not compact. The part on top of the TV is compact, but it connects to a "box" that isn't compact. The SmartVP just keeps it together as one unit, I think.
I just happened to watch the video about n-VP at Sorensen.com. She even said the box is compact. Anyway, I still have VP200. I think they go to people who use VRS alot first. I don't use VRS much. Maybe that's why I am still waiting for n-VP.

Yeah, SmartVP is one unit like VP200.

Last edited:
I think the smartvp looks like a copycat of xbox kinect with a flasher slapped on top borrowed from the old MVP's flasher idea.

I just happened to watch the video about n-VP at Sorensen.com. She even said the box is compact. Anyway, I still have VP200. I think they go to people who use VRS alot first. I don't use VRS much. Maybe that's why I am still waiting for n-VP.

The video is an ad. I have had an "n-VP" for just over 1 year. It's kind of nice, but "compact" is not the word I would choose.

Wondering about old MVP

If anyone still have old MVP from Purple, they will able exchange it for SmartVP in near future or not.

Back