Pulling my hairs....

luggages?

We are in kissimmee florida, the place where we stay is awesome. And the bed so thick that knocked me out as soon I climbed under blanket. Whewww but 1 problem...............

USAirway has our freaking 5 bags.. We got no clothes. I also had my charges (for my ci)in bag too sigh.. Will update abt the bags later. We left SeaWorld.. Ooooohhh funs funs!

Wendy

ravensteve1961 said:
Heres what angel should get.
mickeyWHA.jpg

aw thats so cute ! :)

What a co-incidence about you Wendy and Sleepytaz
at the same area ! Sorry about your luggages Hope
they will arrive anytime soon....

Sleepytaz.... Hope to bump u there hehe

We be in wdw too but not sure where and how long.. I know we have 3 day pass to wdw and 1day to universal
I think... I will have tocheck on list.

Wendy

Oh Rats, Yea I heard there is a problem with luggages are lost every where some in the wrong place and had to bring it back to the proper place or lost somewhere. I hope you get yours bags back soon. You need it. I saw a lady got pissed off about it and will claim it for the insurance money. YIKES!!!

Hey MamaWendy I hear you're in Florida with yer family. What is it with them people losing their luggages?! :pissed: Hope you guys get them back or like Pomeranian sez about claiming it for the insurance money. You'd get more out of this than what you have in your luggage. :mrgreen:

BTW: How was the hot tub? (saw your aim msg earlier) :mrgreen:

WBHarley said:
We are in kissimmee florida, the place where we stay is awesome. And the bed so thick that knocked me out as soon I climbed under blanket. Whewww but 1 problem...............

USAirway has our freaking 5 bags.. We got no clothes. I also had my charges (for my ci)in bag too sigh.. Will update abt the bags later. We left SeaWorld.. Ooooohhh funs funs!

Wendy

LOL! Thanks for rubbing that in my face about kissing the ground of Florida. I am jealous! grrrr.... But hey you forgot about me! :lol:

Ouchie, I am sorry about your bags, Just go on the beach nude everyone does it don't they? LOL Just kidding.

Manager and I talked tonight.. We both figure try the hospital. That may let me borrow charger until we get our bags back or something.. He s aware that I do get panic.. Honestly I do love being deaf but I hate to live without sound it keep me calm etc.... It is like your going thru quitting smokes or have no ciggies with......... (I'm a former smoker of 3 to 4 packs a day I'm damn glad I quit 2 years 9 mos now)...

As for luggages. Man I don't know what we can do but my husbands gonna call in the morning and give them hell... No not hell but this is Once in a lifetime we get this kinf of trip... This trip we get was not paid by us......... my son made his wishes thru make a wish foundations this is only trip we could afford (to be truth)

Sigh... Let's hope for another good news that they found it for us :)

Thanks everyone.. I do have more pictures but no interent here yet I have aol but not hook up I need phone wire lol they had was wallphone that is it.. Sucks? Lol so I can take off but 3 inches wire that's all they had. I will see if I can find a phonewire somewhere in kissimee. Or at my cuz Richie's house if we see him before we leave.. So much things to go.. Sean would like to see gatorland too.. :D

I have few pictures in my sidekick I doubt this will upload into ad from sidekick lol

Ciao all, thx everyone

Oh if sleepytaz is awake.. Tell her to send me msg on wbaker@tmail.com ~ hey sleepytaz u see my email addy ? Hehe

Wendy

Oh my god... My bwp battery finally died on me.. Oohh I have 1 last last last battery left until I get a charger.. *whimper*

Another thing this place.. I can't remmy If I gave a link ? Called give kids the world ? Www.gktw.org this is where we staying.. Nice villa. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathhroom tthat includes whirlpool tub. Oh my what a heaven...... It s sooo wowzier to sit in nake and have al bubble thru water lol.... Woohoo lol

And I'm damn glad they have washer and dryer that we can wash clothes but I'm sick and tired of wearing same clothes I can different for each days.. It made me feel like we never washes our clothes *eekk* I may end up throwing my clothes out when I get home but these are soo comforty hehe maybe I won't throw out..

Ciao,
Wendy

Awww...am so sorry to learn about the situation with your luggages...hopefully this isn't putting a damper on your child's enjoyment and having the moments of his life...how is your son taking all of this so far?

*gotta a hunch that you'll get your luggages late this morning!* :whistle:

Anyhow...hoping that everything else will go really nicely and smoothly for all of you...have a great time too!! :)

The baggage situation was in the newspaper - USAirways ofc...

Travelers still sift through bags
By Elisa Crouch
Of the Post-Dispatch
12/27/2004

Hundreds of weary travelers picked through thousands of bags inside Lambert Field's main terminal Monday, hoping to locate their unopened Christmas gifts, their holiday clothes, some clean underwear.

The luggage piled up outside airline customer service offices. It lined the walls behind the baggage carousels. Couriers loaded bags on dollies and carted them to waiting vans for a late delivery to their owners. Some passengers found their bags when returning to Lambert to fly home.

"Holidays are a mess," said Jane Gale, 62, of Freeburg, pessimistic that her bags had made it from Atlanta. "And then you get here and you don't have any luggage."

The same problem plagued airports across the country, mostly affecting travelers on US Airways and Delta Air Lines, but aggravating passengers flying other airlines, too. In addition to lost luggage, some travelers were stranded at airports for hours.

"My biggest complaint is these chairs," said Barry Threw, 23, stuck at Lambert for seven hours because his US Airways flight had disappeared from the schedule. The airline had also lost his bag last week. He wanted to forget about everything and sleep, but the chairs made that hard. "They have arms so I can't lay down," he said.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta called for an investigation into the Christmas holiday travel disruptions. The Office of Inspector General announced it would look for causes of flight cancellations, delays and baggage handling malfunctions associated with US Airways.

US Airways reported an unusual number of flight attendants and baggage handlers calling in sick for the holidays, resulting in thousands of bags not getting to their destination. In some cases, the luggage was never put on departing planes.

Comair, a Delta subsidiary, blamed severe weather in the Ohio Valley for straining its infrastructure and causing a computer system meltdown. The inspector general's investigation will also review reasons for the meltdown, which forced the cancellation of nearly a thousand flights.

Comair had canceled all but 10 percent to 15 percent of its flights on Sunday. It was flying 60 percent of its scheduled flights Monday and plans to be fully operational by Wednesday.

"We are working as quickly as possible to get people back to their bags," said Benet Wilson, spokeswoman for Delta, which relies on Comair for regional flights. "There's no way we could have predicted the magnitude of those storms in Cincinnati."

As a result, many visitors to the St. Louis area have been without their luggage for days. Katie Douglass, 26, of Boston, flew into St. Louis on Wednesday and hadn't seen her luggage since. Shortly before arriving at Lambert to return to New England on Monday, she learned her luggage was en route to her grandparents' house in Centralia, Ill.

"Just in time," Douglass said, sarcastically. She arranged for it to be sent to Massachusetts.

Passengers freely swapped luggage stories - not having Christmas gifts to give, having to borrow clothes from friends and relatives, having to show up at functions wearing travel clothes.

Re Smith, 56, of Cincinnati, had to attend her best friend's wedding Saturday with what she wore on her flight: black slacks and a casual top. Her lost luggage became the joke of the reception, she said.

"Thank goodness I didn't wear blue jeans," she said, after picking through luggage and finding her bag, with wedding gift inside, Monday afternoon.

For some, the luggage problem left them spending the weekend shopping, buying such necessities as allergy medication, contact lens solution and clean clothes to get them through the holiday.

Kent St. Pierre, 55, of Delaware, spent several hundred dollars buying clothes for his 21-year-old daughter. The family flew in Thursday on US Airways, and all bags arrived but hers, he said.

"Of all the bags to lose," he said, holding a $75 check from the airline, which hardly compensated for his purchases. "She doesn't shop at Kmart, let me tell ya."

He's considering shipping his family's luggage when they go home Wednesday.

On Monday, US Airways sent at least two planes and several tractor-trailers filled with luggage from its Philadelphia hub to Pittsburgh and Charlotte to get the bags en route to owners.

"We are working through the baggage backlog," said John Bronson, US Airways spokesman. "We're not completely there yet in terms of getting them to their final destination."

Delta and US Airways have hired more workers to deliver luggage. Nevertheless, couriers say the backlog has left them exhausted.

Anthony Cunningham, the station manager for EDS courier service, fell into a chair outside the airline customer service offices. Bags were being piled and lined up faster than he could load them on dollies. He and delivery drivers were working around the clock, he said.

"This is a very unusual occurrence. It's not normal," Cunningham said, his head resting against the wall. On an average day, his crew delivers about 75 bags, he said. Since Christmas? "It's hard to guess," he said. "It's too hard. Tons."

US Airways appeals to its employees, and promises discipline
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- US Airways appealed Tuesday to employees to work for free at Philadelphia's airport over the New Year's weekend to avoid a repeat of a Christmas fiasco that left the airline with too few workers to fly its planes and process baggage.

Separately, the airline warned employees it would review the attendance records of those who called in sick over the Christmas holiday -- and to discipline workers who abused the sick time system.

US Airways Group Inc. canceled hundreds of flights in the days around Christmas when an unusually large number of flight attendants and baggage handlers failed to show up for work, crippling a flying operation already hampered by days of bad weather.

The debacle left an estimated 10,000 undelivered bags at Philadelphia's airport and stranded travelers along the east coast. Many vowed to never again fly the airline, which is trying to emerge from bankruptcy.

In a message to its employees Tuesday, US Airways sought volunteers willing to give up their New Year's Eve plans and work for free in Philadelphia. It said they could expect to be used as customer greeters, ramp agents or baggage sorters.

In a separate note, the company said it would conduct an "enhanced review" of each worker's attendance record from Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 to determine who should be disciplined, or denied pay, because of the spike in sick calls.

Also Tuesday, the president of the US Airways unit of the Association of Flight Attendants posted a message on the union's Web site chastising workers who failed to report to work over the holidays.

"By now, we have all seen the reports on the news about the operation of our airline over this past holiday weekend, and how that operation failed miserably. This was caused, unfortunately, by a minority of employees who appear to have decided to take some type of action against the company," wrote Perry Hayes.

"Sadly, the employees who took this action may ultimately cause the failure of the airline."

US Airways is struggling to stay afloat and has asked its major unions to accept large pay cuts if the airline is to survive. A bankruptcy court judge temporarily slashed the pay of all workers by 21 percent in October.

Several unions, including the ones who represent flight attendants and baggage handlers, have been in negotiations over permanent pay cuts, leaving many employees bitter about their future with the airline.

Union leaders have denied there was any organized effort to get workers to call in sick, and some dispute that this year's sick calls were much different from those around any other holiday.

Mollie McCarthy, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants chapter in Philadelphia, said 238 flight attendants called out sick on Christmas Eve this year, compared to 261 in 2003. She said 306 called out sick on Christmas Day this year, compared to 298 in 2003.

"We love this company. It is our home. It is our family," McCarthy said. "This time, the public is blaming us. We're their neighbors. We are the people who help them on the airplane. And they don't trust us anymore."

Wendy,

I do really hope they find your luggage and that you and your family gets back home safe and sound!

I was too tired last night to type out...

Good news like RoadRunner said he has feeling we get bag late morning lol gail brought our bags to the gktw area... We got back from universal studio oooooo so much fun kayla and I went on hulk rollcoaster she was excited at first then mad at me lmao...

Will tell more later as we are at disney now waiting for toll to go thru for parking :D

Later,
Wendy

:applause: GLAD u got ur baggage BACK!!!!!

sounds like u ALL are having WAYY too much fun!!! have a wonderful time Wendy and family!!!!!! :grouphug:

*grins* That's wonderful Wendy, and I'm glad you guys are having a great time too....

Your son deserves it!!

wow wonderful trip!!! Your children deserve it greatly and are lucky to have wonderful parents like you.

I wish to go with you to Sea World!!!!!! I envy you!!! I´m happy for your son to enjoy himself to see lovely Disneyworld.

What´s the weather alike in Florida? (December, I mean).

Weather is like between 76 to 80 degree at most of time... Cooler at nights

We leaving at 3 20 pm tomorrow... None of want to leave at all...

Wendy

WBHarley said:
Weather is like between 76 to 80 degree at most of time... Cooler at nights

:P im jealous!!!!!! hahahah GIMME Wendy!!! bring it back and sprinkle the warm weather across the nation that WANTS it!!! :lol:

Back