Publisher Book about my life

I cannot stay here online any longer cuz my old computer will shut me out soon from spams and pop ups too many!!

My mom passed away.. Also I will write that I see hearing people abuse their disable kid's ssi or ssdi checks ...

I am also write a book about in late 1980's

Here long to short story...

At Deaf School, I see all my deaf classmates got Closed Caption box ( CC box) and TTy. I feel left out while my classmates were chatting about tv programs with CC... My deaf brother and I do not have it for severaly months after CC box released... so my mom get our disabilily checks on our names!

One of my favorite assit teacher said we have right to get CC box and TTy. I told assit teather that my mom told me that my ssi check for use mom's need foods or clothes, things. My assit teacher said Not true and we still can get CC box or TTy from our disability check for our deaf needs!!

I asked my mom please to get close caption box for us but she refused. So I waited and check everyday's mailbox and got disabilily check. I was hide it then next day, I walked from my home to across to other next town where's SS office...

Somehow My mom saw me and her car pulled over at parking lot. She got out of her car. My mom said What are you doing walking here and Where are you going.. so I pulled disabilily check up the air and wave it! I told mom.. I am going walked to SSI office and let them know that you refused get CC box or TTy for me and my brother.

She said Please Please get in the car and will get you a CC box and TTy. I explained my mom that disabilitly check for our needs too.. Her eyes was so wide and gulps alike strong emotion such... Few days, my brother and I finally got CC box and TTY!

Now I am trying write letter complaints about the social security disabilily benefits. The letter will go to Senators and Representatives and about my major concern that hearing family ingore what disable kid(s) need special equipments or put some money save bank for college. I am very disappoint with my mom that She didnt put some save money for me go Gallaudet college as well .. Then why My mom paid my sister's wedding from my disabilitly checks! also My mom paid my disabiiliy checks to my two sister's college payments..

I do not appreciation with my mom that I was so young girl ( late 13 or 14 years old) and had hard time argement with my mom for get closed caption and phone tty! so Now its time for me protect the future disable kids must getting what they need a special equipments and saving for college!??

I did talked with publisher lawyer... They advice that change names, place, jobs etc.. Do not any hint about my family!

I did talked with publisher lawyer... They advice that change names, place, jobs etc.. Do not any hint about my family!

yea that's a very common thing to do. although the books may sell well... but it still always ended badly for authors because the family knows who the books are portraying. it causes a rift but oh well.

yea that's a very common thing to do. although the books may sell well... but it still always ended badly for authors because the family knows who the books are portraying. it causes a rift but oh well.

also said my write book need to fiction instead nonfiction!

Okiedokie! That's what I wanted to write but couldn't because I'm not a lawyer :) ! Yeah!

What do you hope to gain from this ??
What you mean?

I realized that I am not alone that hearing families abuse ssi checks .. I learned from my friends..

One of my friend said every time his mom got his disability checks and she drop him off at his grandma.. His mom and her boyfriend went to foxwood gambles and mini vacations!! He is not longer contact with his mom!

One of my friend said Her mom got her disability checks and She always took her hearing older sister to shopping for new clothes... Her older sister outgrow her clothes and give her deaf sister!?? She isnt along with her mom..

We need to teach those families who recieve their disable kid's check and its primary for disable kids need!!

Sorry I had to log off and restart my old computer lol...

Also I told publiser lawyer that my write book is not fiction and its true fact!! They advice that if I do not want my family upset or sue me about this.. I can write whole book and hold it for 100 years later.. My book can go publisher at non fiction or biography book!

I am write the letter to my siblings for what they did hurt to us... For instance, One of my sister insult me about my deaf friends who cannot speak and only signs... She said if They cannot talk then mean they are mental restard!??

After mailing letters to my siblings then I have to move on my life! :(

Phillps It won't hurt for you to write all the way the book then you can decide if you want to publish it or not, and more talk with laywer, and the editor from the book company will tell you what to do with the book. They will give you the feedbacks..

In a long run, you will feel better and see the clear picture where you are going, so you will know what to do with the book if you want it to be published or not.

I suggest you to write it now. I think it will be worthwhile.

I no work out why your sister would sue it your mother who the cruel one...I would get liturgy agent help you through this.Is it possible change their names..Why don't you go to disability organisation tell them as I sure many people suffered same way.You need to be pragmatic and objective but you seem subjective and angery and I don't blame you,what about doing a blog first
wish you luck and hope you do well

I am sadden how your family treated you and your brother. I don't think your sister can sue you as long as you don't use her real name in the story. You can still give fake name in a real life story.

Back