Publisher Book about my life

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just write about 150 pages about my family neglect me and my deaf brother.. Its long story to short. Example.. My mom was not allow me and my deaf brother use sign language in her home till I was 12 years old !!

Also When I was young and witness my mom used my SSI check to paid my sister's wedding but my sister said she was not allow interpreter to come her wedding while I was her bridesmaid....Then why she used my disability check!? and more stories...

Here question.

My friend warning me that If I am write to publisher book about my life... My sister can sue me?

I just write about 150 pages about my family neglect me and my deaf brother.. Its long story to short. Example.. My mom was not allow me and my deaf brother use sign language in her home till I was 12 years old !!

Also When I was young and witness my mom used my SSI check to paid my sister's wedding but my sister said she was not allow interpreter to come her wedding while I was her bridesmaid....Then why she used my disability check!? and more stories...

Here question.

My friend warning me that If I am write to publisher book about my life... My sister can sue me?
I'm sorry about your life history and your trials and tribulations.

Your last question is very important and my suggestion is, since it's legally-related, you find a lawyer who excels in this portion of law and I don't know what it is and see if you can get a free consultation and ask the lawyer.

Also, I wouldn't bother searching the internet for an answer because you don't know who's posting responses. It's fine for somethings but not where you might be sued - find a real lawyer.

I know a couple of lawyers but they're in other areas of law and it may be state-dependent. (What applies in one state may not in another.)

Good luck!

I suggest you go ahead and write the book until it's almost done. Then you have more questions and talk to your lawyer.

Lawyer will tell you what to do from there. Good luck with your writing

What about your mom , she may want to sue you too if you both are not on good terms. I agree that you should talk to a lawyer first and see if your family will have any grounds to sue you .

If it is a fact, then they cant sue can they?

If it is a fact, then they cant sue can they?

How does she prove it's facts , she would need witnesses that actually saw this happen . If she told her friends about it that would not count that would be called hearsay and will not hold up in court.

Don't we all have and have had episodes and happenings in our Life that has hurt us?....Dwelling on it only makes us bitter and continue to be hurt....I could sit down and write a book that would shock people....It's good in a lot of ways to sit down and write the things that have hurt us the most...but to publish it?.....What do you want the book to accomplish?.....Why can't you move on?....Life isn't a fairy tale....it's hard, we all get hurt but the winners get right back up, and promise ourselves we won't be like that to our children.....

Feel it's best to confront the person who has hurt you, let them know how you feel about it all....get the Truth out....and if you can't forgive, then move on. Don't let them continue to hurt you.

I bet a lot of us here could write a book about our life but like RR said why hang out the dirty laundry for everyone to see. Come to think of this book could made it hard to get a job. Someone could think oh crap if I do something wrong to that person she will be it in a book.

Maybe she wants $$$$ as many people have done it with tell-Alls. Also, it could raise awareness that several of us are isolated among our families because of the unwillingness to learn Sign language.

Just one more quick note. Anyone can sue anyone or anything. We see it constantly (well, I do). Hence my suggestions for a free consultation. There are other things I can
write but I don't want to give anyone any ideas since I'm not a lawyer... Best of luck.

Yes...pls consult with a lawyer just in case. Always a smart move to do that...

Maybe she wants $$$$ as many people have done it with tell-Alls. Also, it could raise awareness that several of us are isolated among our families because of the unwillingness to learn Sign language.

I can read 'free' tell all right here on alldeaf

Heard the scrapping sounds of shovel digging... Sad! I agreed with RR.

Everybody has shit in their lives and I have NOT heard of anyone living in fairy tales. If there were life a bed of roses, I wanted know where it is located.

The decision you make now can lead to unforeseen consequences, it could be worse than you might think or feared of, or there is reward... The chances are, it does not look good to me on your case. Its your call, if I were you, I would just forget them and move on.

Maybe you could instead, read book about Annie Frank and think about what it is like to be in her shoes. Or you could find similar stories of somebody going though hell hole.

I have seen hell hole already, and I have kept telling myself that there are people out there that are far deeper in the hell hole than I were in. I could write a book about myself, but I know doing so only drags myself in hall of miserable, and there will always be chances of people pissing off at me.

Hope you realize that Mr. Roarke isn't your real attorney or real counselor, and come back from that island.

Heard the scrapping sounds of shovel digging... Sad! I agreed with RR.

Everybody has shit in their lives and I have NOT heard of anyone living in fairy tales. If there were life a bed of roses, I wanted know where it is located.

The decision you make now can lead to unforeseen consequences, it could be worse than you might think or feared of, or there is reward... The chances are, it does not look good to me on your case. Its your call, if I were you, I would just forget them and move on.

Maybe you could instead, read book about Annie Frank and think about what it is like to be in her shoes. Or you could find similar stories of somebody going though hell hole.

I have seen hell hole already, and I have kept telling myself that there are people out there that are far deeper in the hell hole than I were in. I could write a book about myself, but I know doing so only drags myself in hall of miserable, and there will always be chances of people pissing off at me.

Hope you realize that Mr. Roarke isn't your real attorney or real counselor, and come back from that island.

article-2497630-0389C6DB00000514-665_634x420.jpg
Or read about this young brave woman .

You have to consult with a lawyer, everyone is giving you good advice.

To give you an idea what's that about I'll give you an example.
I am no lawyer but I love Judge Judy and I learned a thing or two about suing.

If you write about things related to YOU that involve your sister i.e how your sister caused/assisted in your abuse, then even if she sues you, she probably has no case because you state the truth which is directly related to you and your story and she happens to be involved.

But if you write anything else about your sister that is unrelated to your abuse, i.e how she was behaving outside of family home or how she has plenty of boyfriends ( both unrelated to the story)
then yes she may have a case.
because then she might have grounds for invasion of privacy, defamation, harassment etc. and you may end up having to pay her retribution money, lots of money.

So, yeah, absolutely get a lawyer to help you sort these matters.

Fuzzy

You have to consult with a lawyer, everyone is giving you good advice.

To give you an idea what's that about I'll give you an example.
I am no lawyer but I love Judge Judy and I learned a thing or two about suing.

If you write about things related to YOU that involve your sister i.e how your sister caused/assisted in your abuse, then even if she sues you, she probably has no case because you state the truth which is directly related to you and your story and she happens to be involved.

But if you write anything else about your sister that is unrelated to your abuse, i.e how she was behaving outside of family home or how she has plenty of boyfriends ( both unrelated to the story)
then yes she may have a case.
because then she might have grounds for invasion of privacy, defamation, harassment etc. and you may end up having to pay her retribution money, lots of money.

So, yeah, absolutely get a lawyer to help you sort these matters.

Fuzzy

I disagree , there is no way to prove any of this happen , unless the OP has a SSI check that was sign by her sister to prove she cash it .

I had read that some of the celebrities who wrote about their experiences with their parents and friends that they had struggles with them. The celebrities get sued for slandering. Family members and also friends don't like the idea of letting the whole world know about what was going on in their life in the family household.

So it is good to write about what you want to write about your bad or poor experiences with your parents and your sister. You were complaining about your own mother, not your sister. If like the celebrities who get sued from their family members or friends for writing the story in the book, yes, there might be a chance that you can get sue from your family members. It is a good idea to talk with your attorney or lawyer about it as you want to write letting people know about your struggles. You also want to let your parents including your sister that this is your way of being deaf being struggled in the hearing family against your wishes when you need accommodations or helps. So I hope you are successful with your writing a book. Good luck. :)

If you're going to publish it and make it available to the public you'd go through a publishing firm. They should read it and give you advice and suggestions about any possible backlash from persons named in the book and point you in the right direction to resources to handle it if needed.

Back