Protein Shakes

rabbit

Reaction score
OK, so I'm trying to get in shape, and I want to start drinking a protein/carb shake before I go jogging in the morning. I'm just wondering if any of you have any good recipes you could share?

I love Smoothie King's Shakes..I tried to duplicate it on my own but it never comes out right so this thread would be great if anyone has any recipes since I want to start drinking protien shakes for lunch like I did 4 years ago. I had a recipe that agreed with my tastebuds but lost it..grrr!

oooo oo oo heres one pour 3 cups or orange juices put in frozen strawberries they should have it in pick n save and then put in frozen blueberries then add an protein powder that yo u find in gnc and voila instant protein shakes with fruitty flavor

Has anyone had Boost High Protein shakes? They are pre-made in 8oz. bottles, and they taste REALLY good! But it's like $10-$12 for 12 bottles, not TOO bad, but alittle expensive. I really like them though, I think I'm going to start drinking them every day, they have about 15g. of protein per 8oz.

You can try X-polde drink.. I heard it's good.. you would have to PM Alex about that one since he knows more about it than me.

I've been thinking about starting with the protein shakes again. Any good brands or recipes? Is it better to buy the pre-made...like vanilla or chocolate or just buy the whey powder?

I've been thinking about starting with the protein shakes again. Any good brands or recipes? Is it better to buy the pre-made...like vanilla or chocolate or just buy the whey powder?

Walmart (believe it or not) has a good whey protein. I get the chocolate and blend it with ice, 8 oz skim milk and strawberries. It's good.

:hmm: wonder if this explaind my post in another thread...... :lol:

Has anyone had Boost High Protein shakes? They are pre-made in 8oz. bottles, and they taste REALLY good! But it's like $10-$12 for 12 bottles, not TOO bad, but alittle expensive. I really like them though, I think I'm going to start drinking them every day, they have about 15g. of protein per 8oz.

Depends on what you are going for.......It's ok for meal replacement but not so much if you are into lifting. I would never drink more than 2 of those a day.

Walmart (believe it or not) has a good whey protein. I get the chocolate and blend it with ice, 8 oz skim milk and strawberries. It's good.

:hmm: wonder if this explaind my post in another thread...... :lol:

Sounds good! Would you be able to tell me the brand? I looked at Walmart.com and there are a couple. :)

Sounds good! Would you be able to tell me the brand? I looked at Walmart.com and there are a couple. :)

Body Fortress is the one I like. I would suggest going with just one scoop for a week or 2. This one is cheap and tastes better than most

Body Fortress is the one I like. I would suggest going with just one scoop for a week or 2. This one is cheap and tastes better than most

Ok, I will try it :) I have a hard time with the flavor of some. I tried a couple and just couldn't deal. :giggle: I like the idea of adding fruit. I wonder if vanilla is any good with fruit?

Ok, I will try it :) I have a hard time with the flavor of some. I tried a couple and just couldn't deal. :giggle: I like the idea of adding fruit. I wonder if vanilla is any good with fruit?

I get the vanilla sometimes and put frozen blueberries in it. Not bad.....Vanilla always seems to have an after taste that I don't care for.

Another tip.....buy your fruit frozen and that is less ice you have to put in....Makes it thicker. I freeze bananas sometimes and throw those in too. Chocolate with banana and a touch of Peanut butter is pretty good stuff.

Should I try protein shake? What is any benefits in protein shake?

Should I try protein shake? What is any benefits in protein shake?

If you lift weights its good for building muscle you would drink it as an extra meal. If you are trying to lose weight it is good and healthy to replace a meal.

Ready to drink protein drinks cost a lot if you compare it to buying a 5lbs tub. You'll get way more servings out of a tub. Try doing skim milk for your shakes and make it with half milk and half water. I also like to put in a couple scoops of fat-free balkan yogurt in mine. Sometimes some peanut butter and sometimes some cinnamon. I've enjoyed EAS protein, but I'm not too picky so i'll get some of the sale ones instead.

You should drink your shake within 30 minutes after exercise, and you should have some carbs with it as well. Ground up oatmeal is good for it. If you are doing a small shake or snack before your jog, try to do it like 90mins before you head out.

Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. is a great resource. there is something for everyone.

Just make sure you are getting plenty of fiber too when you start........otherwise you might literally S#%* a brick :lol:

If you lift weights its good for building muscle you would drink it as an extra meal. If you are trying to lose weight it is good and healthy to replace a meal.

Oh, got it, thanks for info. I will check on it because I'm trying to lose the weight so don't want lose my pants due weight gain and had been tried in 2 months ago but I gave up. :(

Ready to drink protein drinks cost a lot if you compare it to buying a 5lbs tub. You'll get way more servings out of a tub. Try doing skim milk for your shakes and make it with half milk and half water. I also like to put in a couple scoops of fat-free balkan yogurt in mine. Sometimes some peanut butter and sometimes some cinnamon. I've enjoyed EAS protein, but I'm not too picky so i'll get some of the sale ones instead.

You should drink your shake within 30 minutes after exercise, and you should have some carbs with it as well. Ground up oatmeal is good for it. If you are doing a small shake or snack before your jog, try to do it like 90mins before you head out.

Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. is a great resource. there is something for everyone.

I usually go with grilled chicken or fish before lift and shake after.......

I like the EAS bars

Back