Prohibition Of Asl In House

Nowadays ASL has become more of a weapon used by the deaf zealots than a communication language and that scares the hearies.

Richard Roehm

Nesmuth said:
Nowadays ASL has become more of a weapon used by the deaf zealots than a communication language and that scares the hearies.

Richard Roehm

That is true.. When I took a class training at my work. I have notice, 500 hearing collagues were stared at the interpreter instead of listen to the representation.

The interpreter said, why they stared at her. I smile... because you scared them in sign language. They think, we are the aliens. Interpreter laughed so hard... stop it... :lol:

Argh. Double post. Anyway, here's the original post below. Can't seem to find how to delete the posts :S

ILoveJesus19088 said:
But why would they ever do a thing like that? That would be like saying you are not allowed to speak.
What do you mean? It is true that Sign Language is used as a tool by many deaf people these days, but generally it's still used as a communication mode.

I would be so mad!! If my parents wouldn't let me sign, I wouldn't speak, period.

Back