Problems with Adobe Flash Player

Yes, I used Flash Player uninstall and also did try restart computer...still no go.

Can you watch random youtubes without issues?

I've had the most luck with Chrome on other non-windoze operating systems, linux and OSX alike. Dunno why, but it's probably because google continually works on making it work.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

naisho said:
Yes, I used Flash Player uninstall and also did try restart computer...still no go.

I've had the most luck with Chrome on other non-windoze operating systems, linux and OSX alike. Dunno why, but it's probably because google continually works on making it work.

Yep works fine on Youtube without issues, its weird.

Did you try disable Hardware Acceleration? I heard about this before.

seq, are you using an aftermarket video card? Or what's your video card? You installed the default drivers?

seq, are you using an aftermarket video card? Or what's your video card? You installed the default drivers?

Well, I'm using a Mac Mini and the video is built in. I haven't done anything to it except update it to Mac OS X Lion last year. I'm on 10.7.2 currently. I don't know what caused it to stop working.

Well, I'm using a Mac Mini and the video is built in. I haven't done anything to it except update it to Mac OS X Lion last year. I'm on 10.7.2 currently. I don't know what caused it to stop working.

Looked it up on google and it seems Mac Mini is a common problem with flash. It's everywhere across the forums. One person suggested flash ver 10.7.

Or was Apple actually block anyone using Flashplayer on specifially Mac Mini??? :lol:

HTML5 already out. You MIGHT want to see if Hulu have HTML5 access. For example, I was curious if my HTC EVO 4G's browser (I uses Dolphin browser which already have HTML5 built-in) and went to Youtube/ help section, I found link for HTML5 for Youtube. I switched over to HTML5 in Youtube on my phone and test ran. It works nicely!!

I checked to see if Hulu plan to have HTML5, here's the info "Pardon our dust<< Hulu Blog" I copy and pasted the section from below of Hulu blog:

An Aside on HTML5
Those are the highlights of our new player. Before we move on to the other updates to our site today, let me address a related topic that’s been in the news a lot recently: HTML5. Plenty of users and members of the press ask about this topic all the time.

When it comes to technology, our only guiding principle is to best serve the needs of all of our key customers: our viewers, our content partners who license programs to us, our advertisers, and each other. We continue to monitor developments on HTML5, but as of now it doesn’t yet meet all of our customers’ needs. Our player doesn’t just simply stream video, it must also secure the content, handle reporting for our advertisers, render the video using a high performance codec to ensure premium visual quality, communicate back with the server to determine how long to buffer and what bitrate to stream, and dozens of other things that aren’t necessarily visible to the end user. Not all video sites have these needs, but for our business these are all important and often contractual requirements.

That’s not to say these features won’t be added to HTML5 in the future (or be easier to implement). Technology is a fast-moving space and we’re constantly evaluating which tools will best allow us to fulfill our mission for as many of our customers as possible.

That’s a look at the new Hulu player. Let’s turn to advertising.

So Flashplayer soon going going going goooonnnee!!!

Catty

Yes, I watched Hulu on Linux. On my HTC EVO phone (any Android phones). Hulu won't run on my Dolphin browser so did other browser set as "desktop" I got video running but popped message that prevent running movie. Hulu PLUS do have Android apps now. I just want to watch free Hulu movies on my phone boo hoo Remmy that Android is Linux too!! sheesh

I really congrats for Netflix be able to create one for Android phone BUT they are working on for Linux user. ONLY one Linux, Chrome OS pre-installed in specific laptop would be able to run Netflix, I'm already pissed. I tried to install Chrome OS on Acer Aspire 1551 12" Notebook, it boots up but left with blank screen, no Chrome OS so did Dell Mini 1010 (Purple P3 Netbook) did exactly the same way. I already ran Virtual Box with Windows XP installed inside of it and ran Netflix. It's choppy Grrrr!!

Catty

Looked it up on google and it seems Mac Mini is a common problem with flash. It's everywhere across the forums. One person suggested flash ver 10.7.

There is no such thing as Flash version 10.7, the last version was 10.3.x before jumping to 11.x. I am on 10.3.x with reproduction problem.

Or was Apple actually block anyone using Flashplayer on specifially Mac Mini??? :lol:

HTML5 already out. You MIGHT want to see if Hulu have HTML5 access. For example, I was curious if my HTC EVO 4G's browser (I uses Dolphin browser which already have HTML5 built-in) and went to Youtube/ help section, I found link for HTML5 for Youtube. I switched over to HTML5 in Youtube on my phone and test ran. It works nicely!!

I checked to see if Hulu plan to have HTML5, here's the info "Pardon our dust<< Hulu Blog" I copy and pasted the section from below of Hulu blog:

An Aside on HTML5
Those are the highlights of our new player. Before we move on to the other updates to our site today, let me address a related topic that’s been in the news a lot recently: HTML5. Plenty of users and members of the press ask about this topic all the time.

When it comes to technology, our only guiding principle is to best serve the needs of all of our key customers: our viewers, our content partners who license programs to us, our advertisers, and each other. We continue to monitor developments on HTML5, but as of now it doesn’t yet meet all of our customers’ needs. Our player doesn’t just simply stream video, it must also secure the content, handle reporting for our advertisers, render the video using a high performance codec to ensure premium visual quality, communicate back with the server to determine how long to buffer and what bitrate to stream, and dozens of other things that aren’t necessarily visible to the end user. Not all video sites have these needs, but for our business these are all important and often contractual requirements.

That’s not to say these features won’t be added to HTML5 in the future (or be easier to implement). Technology is a fast-moving space and we’re constantly evaluating which tools will best allow us to fulfill our mission for as many of our customers as possible.

That’s a look at the new Hulu player. Let’s turn to advertising.

So Flashplayer soon going going going goooonnnee!!!

Catty

No HTML 5 in the player so far. That was announced in 2010 but never happened.

No HTML 5 in the player so far. That was announced in 2010 but never happened.

Yes, As Hulu says, they want to be sure that HTML 5 player be able to communicate with server for video buffering and have security ect. They are still working on it (slow pokie of them!!)

Maybe they may be completed by the time Adobe gone out of biz :shrug:

Catty

Update:

So far it cannot be fixed. There is no way to fix it. This is a undiscovered bug and I highly doubt Adobe will do anything about it. I wish there's alternatives to flash player or open source it. Some software developers do better job on open source apps than the major corporations like Adobe. There is nothing I can do.

I have issue with Youtube on Safari on my MBP and when I play the video so pause it then play it but... it won't run after paused so had to refresh the web.

change HTML5, by go to youtube.com/html5 under your account.

CNET TV video streaming is nothing on Google Chrome browser except Safari and Firefox in my MacBook Pro. Google Chrome don't support Adobe Flash player???

Back