Problems with Adobe Flash Player

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have noticed problems with the Flash Player 11.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.2.

For example, when I watch movie/videos on Hulu.com. When it shows the commercial then stops playing at the end, it won't switch to the beginning of the movie. It stays like that there. There is the same problem in other videos from news websites, etc. Youtube seems to work ok. I can't even downgrade to a older version to test it. Adobe hasn't updated it since November as well. I have tried uninstalling it and then re installing a fresh copy, still doesn't work.

I have noticed problems with the Flash Player 11.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.2.

For example, when I watch movie/videos on Hulu.com. When it shows the commercial then stops playing at the end, it won't switch to the beginning of the movie. It stays like that there. There is the same problem in other videos from news websites, etc. Youtube seems to work ok. I can't even downgrade to a older version to test it. Adobe hasn't updated it since November as well. I have tried uninstalling it and then re installing a fresh copy, still doesn't work.

I keep Flash Player 10.3 and refuse to update. You try Firefox or Chrome browser.

Okay, I've tried it and still doesn't work with 10.3 version. Same result. I am not sure what to blame for the cause of the problem. Other peeps say that Hulu work just fine but not me.

Okay, I've tried it and still doesn't work with 10.3 version. Same result. I am not sure what to blame for the cause of the problem. Other peeps say that Hulu work just fine but not me.

:hmm: You may write comments to Hulu support or Apple support.

All same problem on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox?

Have you google search regarding about Flashplayer problem in Apple OSx?

My wife have Apple Lion, no whatsoever issue.

Catty

Have you google search regarding about Flashplayer problem in Apple OSx?

My wife have Apple Lion, no whatsoever issue.

Catty

Yes, I had searched it in several hours ago but can't find it. He may contact Hulu or Apple.

All same problem on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox?

Yes all the same...still freezes at the end of the commercial and won't start at the movie. It did the same with some videos in some websites, too. I assume it's probably the bug in Flash player, but don't know for sure.

I've found that it has similar behavior on the player on CNET website, too. How can anyone overlook that bug?

That's Adobe for you.

Very much so. I've tried clearing the Flash player cache, cleared the browser's cookies, etc. Still nothing works. It still stops playing after the first 4 seconds. I wish Adobe Flash go away!

Very much so. I've tried clearing the Flash player cache, cleared the browser's cookies, etc. Still nothing works. It still stops playing after the first 4 seconds. I wish Adobe Flash go away!

Me too. It's just a matter of time.

This is how I feel right now. I want to sling into Adobe's headquarters and collapse the building.

rovio-mobile-angry-birds1.jpg

Try hulu desktop to see if it gets past it:
Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

If it works, then it's probably something with flash, OSX. What show are you trying to load anyway?
I'm wondering if it's something related to hardware acceleration, or some specific setting.

Try hulu desktop to see if it gets past it:
Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

If it works, then it's probably something with flash, OSX. What show are you trying to load anyway?
I'm wondering if it's something related to hardware acceleration, or some specific setting.

I just tried it and still doesn't work.. stops playing after 3-4 seconds on it. All shows don't work, same result. Not only hulu.com. Have same problem with some other websites, too.

At least we know now for sure it's not the browsers.. I think hulu desktop is like their browser for the site.

You did a clean uninstall right?

At least we know now for sure it's not the browsers.. I think hulu desktop is like their browser for the site.

You did a clean uninstall right?

Yes, I used Flash Player uninstall and also did try restart computer...still no go.

Back