Problem with Sam's behavior

I own a dog too :)

Seq, and sweetheart, My dog often sleep on our **king size bed** but We both often tell him "Get down" he will get down..
Your dog has to know WHO IS the dominate (spell for leader of the pack!?!?!?) YOU and sweetheart are Leader of pack. He has to respect.. but It takes a while, Find a spot for him to sleep on.. but be sure if you can.. Use a firm voice.. very firm Not angry not hyper voice but deep voice saying "get down" then when He get down, and tell him *good boy* lots of time when you praise your pets, they will listen you better, After they listen to you, always praise them.. Sorry if I butt in with wrong idea of giving advices...

Wendy

That is what I did to my mom's dog Kali cause she loves to jump on me like stand up and put her paws on my arms all the times when I visited over my mom's so I said to her take it easy on my voice not yelled said " get down or down!" and it work but still jump over me arghh lol before refused get down till later on in few weeks later finally listen down once then she went down that it when I visited lol :lol:.. She loves to stand up and put paws up want me to pat her so I did all the times cute of Kali lol oh yeah I did said " good girl " when she get down lol :lol: :lol:

Get a bed for your dog so that way the dog wouldn't get on your bed. Try that and see how that would overcome. Good Luck! :mrgreen:

Get a bed for your dog so that way the dog wouldn't get on your bed. Try that and see how that would overcome. Good Luck! :mrgreen:

We're planning to get a doggy bed, so I hope that works because many dogs like to sleep comfortably on plush, soft surfaces instead of hard carpets. Kyle sleeps on the square dog pillow for most of his life. He hates sleeping on people's bed because he loves to sleep on the floor, lol.

I do not have any experience with dogs but from this thread here, WBHarley´s advice look like I did with my cats.

Yes, praise dogs and cats is important... they will know what right or wrong if you keep on praise them... Don´t praise them if they did wrong.

Get dog sleeping couch is good suggestion.

dog on bed

This is a bit late but ...

the dog that won't let others on the bed is showing dominance. It is Not Good. The dog needs training to work thought the agression. A professional animal behavorist can help with the problem. It is a matter of time before the "grrr" becomes a bite.

There are clicker training books that give steps for dealing with the problem. It may or may not work for this dog.

Crating is not punishment! Many dogs sleep in crates - it is their den and safe place.

Hi there.. a suggestion I have that worked with one of my own dogs... Put Sam on a leash and let him go into the bedroom. When he jumps on the bed, tell him NO. If he doens't listen, pull on the leash to pull him off bed and say OFF, DOWN.. (whatever your command will be) Lead him to whereever his spot will be and tell him "good dog' and give him a 'training treat'
It will take some time, but as long as you are consistent that the bed is 'off limits' he will eventually get it. Good Luck..it sounds like you and Sweetheart are committed and loving 'pet parents' Sam is a lucky pup!

cage? you re being ridicous no not carge too harsh for that i suggest punishment of some sort there re various ways spanking or saying "no" or put him in corner that helps sometimes i grew up with 4 dogs i ve seen my dad train dogs so just giving advice what my dad would do they re very friendly dogs and well trained

You feel pity?
I'm experience breeder of dog.. (British Bulldogs) really record top of stubborn!

Yes I do recommend the dog cage for punishment and make this dog must learn obey the master. Dog is not bossy and decision anything want control over their household.

Putting dog corner.. Wha..a joke? sound alike a child's dunce!
Isn't help.. I bet your parent is trying to make up and effort other way punishment.

I do putting my dog into the cage unless smarten up... Dogs hate "cage reason punishment" all want freedom.. ensure that behavouir goes improve then will not using cage anymore..

That's simple!

This is a bit late but ...

the dog that won't let others on the bed is showing dominance. It is Not Good. The dog needs training to work thought the agression. A professional animal behavorist can help with the problem. It is a matter of time before the "grrr" becomes a bite.

There are clicker training books that give steps for dealing with the problem. It may or may not work for this dog.

Crating is not punishment! Many dogs sleep in crates - it is their den and safe place.

Crate is part of little punishment yes reason if housebroken.. how can you feel your dog damage your furniture.. Where will you giving your dog punishment? Solution is cage.. Really huge helps it lot.
Otherwise, Your dog stubborn and refuse comply your obeniece. Gonna spank'em or refuse reward cookie or else..?

I do disagree w/other owner who sending their dog crate for sleeping overnite..
Actually I do send my dogs in crate reason It's part of kennel. Isn't same others.. owner who prefer as pet... put their dog into the crate.. (total disagree)

You feel pity?
I'm experience breeder of dog.. (British Bulldogs) really record top of stubborn!

Yes I do recommend the dog cage for punishment and make this dog must learn obey the master. Dog is not bossy and decision anything want control over their household.

Putting dog corner.. Wha..a joke? sound alike a child's dunce!
Isn't help.. I bet your parent is trying to make up and effort other way punishment.

I do putting my dog into the cage unless smarten up... Dogs hate "cage reason punishment" all want freedom.. ensure that behavouir goes improve then will not using cage anymore..

That's simple!

I agree with you, GA. While I'm not an experienced breeder, I've had dogs for the last several years. Whenever we've ever brought a puppy into our home, we've crate trained them until they learned how to behave. Even now, one of our dogs will sleep in his crate because he thinks it's his "home". We leave the latch undone, so he can go in and out at will now, though. He's well beyond the point where he'll "potty" in the house.

He also has a dog pillow he'll lay on when he doesn't want to lay inside the crate. I do not believe crating is mistreatment. In fact, I believe it's better for the dog, because it's safer and you're gauranteed to come home, and not have the house torn up from a puppy going through seperation anxiety.

I do disagree w/other owner who sending their dog crate for sleeping overnite..

I do put Charlie in the cage over night to sleep because he is not housebroken yet, I don't want to wake up having to step on a pile of shit. :lol:

I do put Charlie in the cage over night to sleep because he is not housebroken yet, I don't want to wake up having to step on a pile of shit. :lol:

:lol: True.

We also used to crate our dogs whenever we left the house. Much for the same reason. We didn't want them making messes in the house while we were gone. We also didn't want the dogs tearing up the house, either. One of our dogs in particular, was very neurotic. Sometimes, we still come up and see evidence of his finding paper towels and ripping them to shreds while we're gone.

We've chalked it up to anxiety. He's a sweet dog, but he's got issues. :giggle:

Yeah I agree with some of what GalaxyAngel said here, a crate is a training tool as long as no one don't abuse it by leaving dog in the cage for a long period of time and it should not be use as a punishment and never spank or hit a dog either otherwise the dog will more likely be scare of you, and could seriously harm the dog as well too...

I used to have a dog myself too but now I just have cats...

:lol: True.

We also used to crate our dogs whenever we left the house. Much for the same reason. We didn't want them making messes in the house while we were gone. We also didn't want the dogs tearing up the house, either. One of our dogs in particular, was very neurotic. Sometimes, we still come up and see evidence of his finding paper towels and ripping them to shreds while we're gone.

We've chalked it up to anxiety. He's a sweet dog, but he's got issues. :giggle:

I do the same, I do put Charlie in the crate which is huge enough for Charlie to walk around and even fit a bowl of water in it, while I'm out doing errands, I don't want him to go potty in the house, or chew on the wrong things, or trashed up my place, even my pillows (which I've heard dogs love to chew on pillows) :lol:

I do the same, I do put Charlie in the crate which is huge enough for Charlie to walk around and even fit a bowl of water in it, while I'm out doing errands, I don't want him to go potty in the house, or chew on the wrong things, or trashed up my place, even my pillows (which I've heard dogs love to chew on pillows) :lol:

Oh, they will! :lol:

My dog won't bother with pillows or anything like that, but put a roll of paper towels in front of him or a stack of paper plates, and he'll go to town! :lol:

He loves paper. What can I say?

Hi there....I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem and successfully teach your dog to stop doing that. Once he gets on the bed, he acts like he's the boss and he would grrr and bark at me or Sweetheart and refuses to listen to us to tell him to get off the bed. I don't think he's trained to stay off the bed when commanded. He just acts like he's the king of the hill like wild canines do. I don't know what I should do to teach him that I'm the boss, not him. In general, he listens to me when I call him or listen to me telling him no, except he won't listen when he's on the bed.
Hi... I understand about your dog situation...please don't put in the cage because of the bed...I alway to watch whisper dog..that's awesome program...very succesfully...if he refuse to get off the bed...ok ..before he will jump on the bed...put on the leash...the collar move up around the neck and jaw...ok...when he jump on the bed...you take the leash and pull him out of the bed and then you jump on your bed that he will understand and he wont growls or bites...you will show to him where he belong to his dog bed. .. he will listen to you but dont pull too hard..he will get off...don't punish him or spank him ...hope it's work out...if not work out.. let me help you and explain to you how... I am professional dog that I have a dog...wonderful dog...when I adopted her when she was 1 1/2 years old and she has problems...run away...not housebroken...no training..nothing but now..she is excellent housebroken...good training..smart dog... she is fine now...

I do not have any experience with dogs but from this thread here, WBHarley´s advice look like I did with my cats.

Yes, praise dogs and cats is important... they will know what right or wrong if you keep on praise them... Don´t praise them if they did wrong.

Get dog sleeping couch is good suggestion.

Yeah one of my cats loves to sneak and scratch my butts then zooms far before i could squirt water on him ... water guy wont stop him from sneaking to scratch my butts.. grrr... i had to have him declawed... now he sneaks and patting my butts.. no claws.. I love him...

I have own my dog. That I hate him so much. Cuz I am very anger he keep pee on floor, steal my food, run away to bed, wont going inside home, keep escape to outside that he like stand outside he very subbort wont come inside. He was not listen. I take him going back to my sister's home then give new home already. I am very upset that she told me who adoption of my dog he is good boy. HUH.

Back