Problem with HA's

So I called the audi, and he had me come in on friday he tried putting the mold in... He had a hard time but did get it in, he then looked at me and said well you just need to get in at the right angle. Well, it still hurts, the left one doesn't, his response was that it was supposed to and the reason the left one doesn't is because I don't have felling left (they made an oops on me nerves during a surgery). So going to a new audi, actually was referred to one that makes them cheaper!

Thank you for all of your advice! I probably would have gone on believing him that they in fact were supposed to hurt...

What a load of CRAP! It should not hurt to wear an ear mold ! I would check this audi out and see if he was trained to be an audi, as he does not know what he talking about!

What a load of CRAP! It should not hurt to wear an ear mold ! I would check this audi out and see if he was trained to be an audi, as he does not know what he talking about!

I was referred to him by my ENT, I'm still in the faze of do as I'm told lol. But after talking to you guys I no longer feel like I'm being a sissy lala, so I asked a few friends where they go and got a recommendation! And he said he would file it down and also just make new molds because he agreed that it sounds like these were made wrong and they should NEVER hurt. Whew so glad to hear maybe I will start enjoying them rather than only using them when I absolutely have to.

Oh and I did give him a bad review on yelp, not horrible but explained my situation... so others could form their own opinion.

Ya... I need to tell the ENT not to send people to him, or maybe I need a new ENT too hmmm

you transfer on new ent, i have transfer new ent is very kindly because old dr complain, not respect to me, i told family doctor accept also respect to me

What everyone forgets is if this is a first time user, the side with feeling is going to need some time to toughen up. The mold is an irritant. She may be just as unhappy with her secone go round.

What everyone forgets is if this is a first time user, the side with feeling is going to need some time to toughen up. The mold is an irritant. She may be just as unhappy with her secone go round.

Very true, good point!

I understand really hard to tough to explain to mold is very not easy but I know tough mold is very not easy clean sometimes I am forget it reason clean up mold!

The audi today said it shouldn't have been as difficult as it was to get the mold in my right ear, he did shave it down for me to use until the new ones come in (he felt the left one was fitting as it should) and I must say there is a big difference already, it doesn't hurt! So I am thinking the last one may have in fact made a mistake, but only time will tell.

The audi today said it shouldn't have been as difficult as it was to get the mold in my right ear, he did shave it down for me to use until the new ones come in (he felt the left one was fitting as it should) and I must say there is a big difference already, it doesn't hurt! So I am thinking the last one may have in fact made a mistake, but only time will tell.

Good good.

Yeah that is why I said she get some gel to use on her ear mold to make it easier to put her ear mold in. It still should not take so long to get an ear mold in your ear.

I was referred to him by my ENT, I'm still in the faze of do as I'm told lol. But after talking to you guys I no longer feel like I'm being a sissy lala, so I asked a few friends where they go and got a recommendation! And he said he would file it down and also just make new molds because he agreed that it sounds like these were made wrong and they should NEVER hurt. Whew so glad to hear maybe I will start enjoying them rather than only using them when I absolutely have to.

Oh and I did give him a bad review on yelp, not horrible but explained my situation... so others could form their own opinion.

I am glad you found a better person to go to! I once needed a new tube in my ear mold and when to place close to my house instead going to my own audi and the new audi broke my ear mold! I could not believe it , the ear mold was cracked in half! I was thinking of going to the new audi as she right near my home. I stay with my auidi I been going to for 25 years! Good for you for giving the a bad review on yelp! I hope you will find your new ear mold easier to use so you can wear you HA all the time. I am lost without my HA!

I am glad you found a better person to go to! I once needed a new tube in my ear mold and when to place close to my house instead going to my own audi and the new audi broke my ear mold! I could not believe it , the ear mold was cracked in half! I was thinking of going to the new audi as she right near my home. I stay with my auidi I been going to for 25 years! Good for you for giving the a bad review on yelp! I hope you will find your new ear mold easier to use so you can wear you HA all the time. I am lost without my HA!

To be honest I kind of enjoy the quiet lol I really only use them for school right now and to hang out with hearing friends but maybe I will learn to like them better, until then they are an as needed accessory kind of like a water bottle when hiking

Yes and I would stick to your good audi, did she at least replace it for free? Or did you have to pay for a new one?

Well, the ear molds that is, and only the right one, the left one goes in not problem but the right one on the other hand HATES me. I swear I have been nice to it, its grudge is unwarranted!! It takes me 5-10 min to get it in right, audiologist says its because I have small ears... but wouldn't they both be difficult to put in that case. Ok well heres my question, is it possible they made the mold wrong? If not any tricks to getting it in (I tried to word this differently and failed...)?

My doctor said to me that ear molds are usually only good for about a year or two then you'd need a new one. Personally, the biggest dilemma I have with it is the tube. They tend to harden over time, causing them to crack or cut open and then you'd hear nothing or very little because of it.

My doctor said to me that ear molds are usually only good for about a year or two then you'd need a new one. Personally, the biggest dilemma I have with it is the tube. They tend to harden over time, causing them to crack or cut open and then you'd hear nothing or very little because of it.

Eeek so theres more to look forward to? I've only been wearing aids for a couple months, started loosing my hearing 2yrs ago but had a lot of hearing left in my right ear up until a few months ago and now its dropping quick. Aids seem to be a pain in the ass lol

I have soft moulds and a year or two is about right for the length of time they last. When I was a kid and had hard moulds they lasted a lot longer.

Also, tubing is easy to replace yourself, no need to go to an audi. Just pull the old one out, putting the ear mould in hot water helps to loosen it. Then push the new tubing in and match the length to that of the old one. Then just cut it off, best to cut it a bit long at first to leave room for adjustment. It's that simple and only takes me a few minutes to do both moulds.

I have soft moulds and a year or two is about right for the length of time they last. When I was a kid and had hard moulds they lasted a lot longer.

Also, tubing is easy to replace yourself, no need to go to an audi. Just pull the old one out, putting the ear mould in hot water helps to loosen it. Then push the new tubing in and match the length to that of the old one. Then just cut it off, best to cut it a bit long at first to leave room for adjustment. It's that simple and only takes me a few minutes to do both moulds.

That's what I do too. Saves me so much time and money. The tubing can be ordered online. I get the pre-curved ones (you can buy straight ones but boy they take forever to form right LOL)

To be honest I kind of enjoy the quiet lol I really only use them for school right now and to hang out with hearing friends but maybe I will learn to like them better, until then they are an as needed accessory kind of like a water bottle when hiking

Yes and I would stick to your good audi, did she at least replace it for free? Or did you have to pay for a new one?

MY insurance paid for my new ear mold. I never when back to the audi that broke my ear mold! I was not very impress with her after that! I know what you mean about liking the quiet ! I will turn my HA down when I am out shopping so I will not have to hear the awful announcements over the loud speakers!

Back