Preserve resiudral hearing with Freedom Implant

Good to hear! So I guess she is improving!

Okay, I got you! And I can understand about being a Card fan -- they're supposed to play this afternoon but it's been raining and storming on for a while now. My husband is downstairs with his big TV and no doubt he's hoping the storms will pass so he can watch the Cardinals!

Thanks for explaining about the Spectra -- it's just I've not seen that name...

Cards are like a second religion in my town--it's just a shame about the new stadium--an unimaginative eyesore if I ever saw one!

I got my BTE because Cochlear quit making the Spectra body processors, and I got a fairly good deal on it.

fyborg, I really do agree with you about that stadium -- what was wrong with the old one (I really don't think it WAS that old anyways!) and the money could be better spent somewhere.
(btw -- wonder if you realize I live in a St. Louis burb? and I wonder if I'd ever seen you around -- like at GSLAD?) :cool:

I also live in the 'burbs, more in the west, and it would be so odd if we've seen each other and not realized it!

The stadium is a waste of money! It's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Um...excuse my youthful ignorance, but what is GSLAD?

I also live in the 'burbs, more in the west, and it would be so odd if we've seen each other and not realized it!

The stadium is a waste of money! It's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Um...excuse my youthful ignorance, but what is GSLAD?

I think Greater Saint Louis Association for the Deaf? :dunno:

That makes more sense!

Yeah, I assumed that because when I was a child my mother and I used to go to a similar place when I was growing up in Milwaukee and it was called GMAD - Greater Milwaukee Association for the Deaf...I dunno if GMAD still exists or not, I haven't been there in forever.

Yeah, I assumed that because when I was a child my mother and I used to go to a similar place when I was growing up in Milwaukee and it was called GMAD - Greater Milwaukee Association for the Deaf...I dunno if GMAD still exists or not, I haven't been there in forever.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the impression you don't like Milwaukee...;)

You mentioned you were going for the Freedom BTE, right?

(Good luck on your surgery!)

I think so. Hard decision, though, cause I heard some new stuff about the AB one....

Yeah, it's like getting a new computer--as soon as you get one, another newer, better one comes out!

Apparently Moore's law applies to us...

Wonder if the same "type" of people work both computers and CIs?
A processor is a mini-computer, after all.

To a point that is true. In this case, they need to be more of a scientist type as the target of the programming requires more of an understanding of the mathematics involved which is rather unique and sophisicated. Think Fourier Analysis and beyond. This is not something the average programmer is capable of dealing with.

To a point that is true. In this case, they need to be more of a scientist type as the target of the programming requires more of an understanding of the mathematics involved which is rather unique and sophisicated. Think Fourier Analysis and beyond. This is not something the average programmer is capable of dealing with.

It's human bodies we're talking about...it makes sense that more advanced programing would be required--there would be too many variables for an "normal" set of programming to cope with--right?

It's human bodies we're talking about...it makes sense that more advanced programing would be required--there would be too many variables for an "normal" set of programming to cope with--right?

Yep, it is indeed the case. Just think that it took these guys over 30-35 years to get to this point and they still needed human "guinea pigs" especially early on to get on the right track. Nothing simple about the process.

Yep, it is indeed the case. Just think that it took these guys over 30-35 years to get to this point and they still needed human "guinea pigs" especially early on to get on the right track. Nothing simple about the process.

Makes me glad that I was able to get the end results...

Back