Pregnant Mom Murdered; Fetus Stolen From Her Womb

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
SKIDMORE, Mo. -- A 23-year-old woman who was eight months pregnant was killed Thursday and the fetus was taken from her body, authorities said.

Sheriff's deputies were investigating the afternoon killing of the woman and they were searching for the baby, who they believed could have survived.

Nodaway County Sheriff Bill Espey said, "Someone was wanting a baby awful bad."

The sheriff issued an Amber Alert for the missing fetus. Police are searching for an 8-month-old white, female fetus. It also suggested that things to look for in the case included "bloody clothing or towels, possible health issues with the fetus and a freshly cut umbilical cord."

Authorities said the woman was white, but offered no further identification. They said a family member found the woman dead inside the home.

CNN reported that Bobbi Jo Stinnett was killed around 3 p.m. Central, and "the unborn child was removed from her body by the person or persons who committed the crime."

This was the woman's first child. Her husband is not a suspect because he was at work at the time. Neighbors describe the couple as "quiet."

The woman was a dog breeder and reportedly sold Jack Russell terrier dogs over the Internet. One neighbor said he saw a red two-door vehicle outside the home and assumed it was someone picking up a dog. Police are now searching for a red vehicle and have only a vague description of the suspect -- someone with blonde hair.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4005020/detail.html

reminds me of the movie I watched few years ago on Lifetime...

Dang this is so Sad world that it happen to this mother and baby :(

I surely hope they find the baby soon....

It must be so hard to figure out what the baby looks like because they don't have Identification yet since she/he wasn't born yet! :(

*keeping my eyes out looking for newborn baby*

Wendy

Oh boy....

It is going to be tough for them finding that newborn baby.

I am wondering if it possible that the newborn baby would developed fever due from after labor because, the baby wasn't taken out of the mother's womb by professional like a doctor for example. Think maybe it is possible that they will recovered the baby not theirs if happen to bring it in the emergency room?

Cheri said:
Oh boy....

It is going to be tough for them finding that newborn baby.

I am wondering if it possible that the newborn baby would developed fever due from after labor because, the baby wasn't taken out of the mother's womb by professional like a doctor for example. Think maybe it is possible that they will recovered the baby not theirs if happen to bring it in the emergency room?

it can happen

lately I hear lots of babies get jaduices and they have to be under special lights

Last night a friend of mine who had baby boy on mon night I have their older son with me since monday night (eeekk) lol anyway their newborn baby was placed under special light due of jaduice may not go home today but this morning doctor gave them approval that they can go home! She's soooo happy to go home today LOL

Wendy

Another prime example of how much the society has changed for the worst. I'm utterly disgusted and disappointed that this very idea could be concieved by a human.

This is just awful! I hope this isn't new trend that happens to pregnant moms because I know there are lots of couples that really wanted to adopt children. That's murdering moms-to-bes! This is so upsetting.

That is really sad and awful thing to hear...I do hope they do find the baby and really sad to hear the mother is killed, now that the baby lost his/her mother :(

oh lord!!! that sooo awful story abt that.. sigh.. i am sowwy that hubby lost wife and hope that he get the son or daughter back when the cop look for someone who has baby.. *cross fingers*

:mad: I can't believe it! If a woman is that depreaste to have a baby, why not adopt a baby? If she can't afford it then why not go to a sperm bank to get pregnant??? Geesh it upsets me so bad. makes me think that I should hide my whole pregnancy next time so they wouldnt steal my baby!!! Now that we have Nathan, we are extra careful and have a eye like an hawk on him because I don't want NO ONE to steal nor harm my precious one!!!!

I would go NUTS if they do that because it's my baby and I would worry about him like I always do!

Good news! They found the baby girl, alive!

Reba said:
Good news! They found the baby girl, alive!

It would seem so, Reba. That is good news, but take it with a grain of salt while the DNA testing is still pending.

WildKaTReSS said:
:mad: I can't believe it! If a woman is that depreaste to have a baby, why not adopt a baby? If she can't afford it then why not go to a sperm bank to get pregnant??? Geesh it upsets me so bad. makes me think that I should hide my whole pregnancy next time so they wouldnt steal my baby!!! Now that we have Nathan, we are extra careful and have a eye like an hawk on him because I don't want NO ONE to steal nor harm my precious one!!!!

I would go NUTS if they do that because it's my baby and I would worry about him like I always do!

From what I gathered, they wanted the baby to sell it. Either way, it's a cruel thing to do to someone.

It was exciting news to hear that the baby was found alive. Its an unbelievable and tragic story, but at least part of it is positive (although I can't imagine how this child will adjust considering the circumstances).

Oceanbreeze said:
From what I gathered, they wanted the baby to sell it. Either way, it's a cruel thing to do to someone.

Did not say that on here...

SKIDMORE, Mo. — Authorities have charged a woman with killing mom-to-be Bobbi Jo Stinnett (search) and cutting the fetus from her womb.

Lisa M. Montgomery (search), 36, of Melvern, Kan., was charged with kidnapping resulting in death. She is accused of showing up at Stinnett's house under the pretext of buying a dog, then strangling her and taking the woman's premature baby girl.

According to a criminal complaint, Montgomery admitted to the crime. The complaint also said Montgomery lied to her husband about giving birth, although U.S. Attorney Todd Graves declined to give a motive for the crime.

Montgomery was in possession of the infant believed to be the stolen fetus when police found the baby on Friday, ending a day of frantic searching. DNA tests will confirm whether the girl is Stinnett's.

Montgomery, a mother of two, had been pregnant but lost a child, Graves said, though it was unclear when or under what circumstances.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said earlier in the day that authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the place where the baby was found. Graves said the investigation was ongoing but would not say if additional charges might be filed or if there was another

It says she did lied to her husband about giving birth, If she was going to sell the baby you think the husband would consider that idea? I don't think so.

In my prayers.....

My heart goes out to the family and her husband. They must be so devatsated for this to happen to them. It's really upset me to hear this since I am pregnant myself and expecting the first one. I just can't imagine how a human being can be so selfish and do this to someone. I hope the baby girl will be safely return to her family where she belongs.

Cheri said:
Did not say that on here...

SKIDMORE, Mo. — Authorities have charged a woman with killing mom-to-be Bobbi Jo Stinnett (search) and cutting the fetus from her womb.

Lisa M. Montgomery (search), 36, of Melvern, Kan., was charged with kidnapping resulting in death. She is accused of showing up at Stinnett's house under the pretext of buying a dog, then strangling her and taking the woman's premature baby girl.

According to a criminal complaint, Montgomery admitted to the crime. The complaint also said Montgomery lied to her husband about giving birth, although U.S. Attorney Todd Graves declined to give a motive for the crime.

Montgomery was in possession of the infant believed to be the stolen fetus when police found the baby on Friday, ending a day of frantic searching. DNA tests will confirm whether the girl is Stinnett's.

Montgomery, a mother of two, had been pregnant but lost a child, Graves said, though it was unclear when or under what circumstances.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said earlier in the day that authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the place where the baby was found. Graves said the investigation was ongoing but would not say if additional charges might be filed or if there was another

It says she did lied to her husband about giving birth, If she was going to sell the baby you think the husband would consider that idea? I don't think so.

I heard it somewhere on the news.

Back