Pray for my son

Aww, he's such a beauitful baby, my heart goes out to you and your family and I'll continue praying for him...

This story makes me cry...:tears:

Aww, he's such a beauitful baby, my heart goes out to you and your family and I'll continue praying for him...

This story makes me cry...:tears:

Same here! Seeing those pics just teared me up.

Tracie, your son is so adorable and so precious. I will pray for your son's recovery so he can go home to be with you and the rest of the family. :hug:

Well Luke was transferred to Johns Hopkins yesterday afternoon. I visited him today and met the doctor and nurse. I was upset that they didn't ask me for identification when I went there. They just let me go back. I asked if that was protocol and they said that the normal procedure is to see identification before someone is allowed to be with the babies. It really pissed me off. Then while I was there my aunt showed up and said she was the grandmother and they didn't check her identification either and let her back. I couldn't believe it. What if she was someone who wanted to steal my baby? They didn't even know who she was and let her in. That's terrible. I told them I was not impressed with that and it better not happen again.

Anyway, hopefully now he can get looked at by different doctors who can figure out what's wrong with him so he can get treatment and get off the ventilator.

I will keep everyone posted on him. thanks for your prayers.

Well Luke was transferred to Johns Hopkins yesterday afternoon. I visited him today and met the doctor and nurse. I was upset that they didn't ask me for identification when I went there. They just let me go back. I asked if that was protocol and they said that the normal procedure is to see identification before someone is allowed to be with the babies. It really pissed me off. Then while I was there my aunt showed up and said she was the grandmother and they didn't check her identification either and let her back. I couldn't believe it. What if she was someone who wanted to steal my baby? They didn't even know who she was and let her in. That's terrible. I told them I was not impressed with that and it better not happen again.
Thanks for the update.

I know what you mean about hospital security. I often have assignments at a large well-known hospital. All visitors are supposed to stop at the front desk, sign in, and get a visitor ID tag. I never do that. I just walk in the front door, down the hall to the elevators. I go to another floor, down another hall, and thru another set of "secure" doors. No staff person ever stops me or asks for my ID, or where I'm going. (Including the children's wing.) It's kind of scary.

Anyway, hopefully now he can get looked at by different doctors who can figure out what's wrong with him so he can get treatment and get off the ventilator.
I hope so, too. That hospital has a good reputation for solving medical mysteries.

I will keep everyone posted on him. thanks for your prayers.
Will continue praying. :hug:

I hope the new doctors figure out the problem and Luke goes home soon!

Thank you for your update...........Praying for Luke to spend Chrismas home with you!!!!

I am praying for Luke too. Don't worry, Johns Hopkins is a good hospital. If you have told them about the lack of security and they don't change things you can file a complaint. It won't affect how they care for him. He is a beautiful boy. I hope he gets strong and can breathe on his own soon so you can take him home and enjoy mothering him.

I will say a prayer for him. He is such precious baby. I do not get it why your son did not get better while my neice's daughter was born 5 weeks early last summer and stayed in hospital for one week and come home. I feel bad for u and your son Luke.

jazzy- his prematurity is not relevant to his breathing problems. he has some kind of problem that the doctors haven't diagnosed yet which is causing him the issues he has. if he didn't have whatever it is he would've been home with me by now. he's a big preemie at almost 5lbs. he continues to gain weight and all his other organs are fine. we just have to wait and see what hopkins has to say after they're finished running all their tests on him.

thanks for your replies guys.

jazzy- his prematurity is not relevant to his breathing problems. he has some kind of problem that the doctors haven't diagnosed yet which is causing him the issues he has. if he didn't have whatever it is he would've been home with me by now. he's a big preemie at almost 5lbs. he continues to gain weight and all his other organs are fine. we just have to wait and see what hopkins has to say after they're finished running all their tests on him.

thanks for your replies guys.
I hope dr will find what is wrong with him. My great niece was born 4 lbs and now she is so big and heavy for 6 month old. Continue pray for Luke.

I did not see this thread until today.

Oh dear, you and your baby are continue in my heart and thought and hope for your son's recovery .

traciedowell, I do know exactly what you are going through because I also had a premature baby. I know that it is a very overwhelming experience for you and your family. I will pray for your son to become well and to go home with you soon. My baby is now 8 years old.

If you need someone to talk to, give me a PM. Hugs :hug:

I pray for your baby luke i hope they can diagnois him quickly and get him home for christmas hang in there we are all routing for you and luke:hug: I'm really sorry about the hospital security that is really horrible hopefully your warning will stick!

Well, i'm no parent, but my little sis was born premature, so i have an idea of how it is.I hope everything gets better for your baby.

You all have been so warm and supportive. There is still no diagnosis for my son. They have been putting him through so many tests to try and figure out what is going on with him. It's so heartbreaking to see him this way. They have taken so much blood from him that he needed a transfusion the other day. The doctor called me at 4 in the morning asking for consent to do the transfusion. It scared me to get the phone call because it's not normal for them to call in the middle of the night.

I visited him today and he did not look good to me. His skin color was very pale and he looked swollen. The doctor told me he probably is pale because they took so much blood from him. It broke my heart. He has been through so much. He has been on the ventilator now for 5 weeks. The doctor told me she examined his throat yesterday and it was VERY swollen. I asked her if he is in pain but she said she didn't think so. How can his throat not be in pain if it is that swollen? I don't agree with her. I think they should give my baby some medicine for pain. She said he would cry if he was in pain but he can't cry because of the tube in his throat. Plus why would he cry if his throat hurt? Wouldn't that make it hurt more?

Sigh....

I have to just keep in mind that he won't be in the hospital forever. It just feels like forever right now because I want him with me so bad. Every time I see him I just want to squeeze him and kiss him and tell him it's alright. I am on Zoloft medicine to control depression. Doctor said it's normal for me to be depressed now because of the situation. I think I'm handling it pretty well but I have my moments. It's hard not knowing what's wrong with my son. I just want answers so I know what we're dealing with and if it's going to be a lifelong problem for him.

I will continue to keep you all updated on him and will post more pictures soon. He hasn't looked good this week so I haven't taken any pictures of him since he was transferred to Hopkins but I will do it soon.

I can somewhat understand and sense all that you, your family is going through as well as for your precious little baby boy also. Times of frustrations, despair, uncertainty, etc., may be evading your own inner thoughts...however, please do hang in there and really hold fast to hope, the belief that he is under the loving care of the One above...I believe very soon, it will be revealed to what he is struggling against and made well, be healed...so the greatest gift your family can have this Christmas will be one where the 'joy' of being able to bring him home within the comfort of your arms. Believe.

In the meantime...thoughts and prayers continues for you, family, doctors...and especially for your precious dear baby boy.

~RR

Aww :tears:

I will continue praying for him, and like RR said your son is under the loving care of the One above ^ , and I do feel for you and your family and how hard it must be watching your little angel trying to fight by holding on but I have to believe that he will make it through this.

:hug: keep praying, and I'll do the same likewise.

It's very sad to read your updated post. :tears: It touch my feeling and heart... I as mother can image how you feel... I feel for you and continue in my mind and heart to make your son health and successful before Xmas.

Stay strong, Tracie. You have lots of support here. My prayers go out for your small son.

Tracie:
As a mother I can tell you there is nothing in the wold as painful as seeing your child sick and not being able to do a thing about it. All I can say is be strong for Luke (I know it sounds easy to say to someone but it's true) and just believe in the BIG GUY up there. Lean on your husband when you need to and talk talk talk to others as much as you need to help get through this. Keeping friends and family close and talking is a HUGE help. Just let Luke know that you are there and love him. He will be home soon and grow up to be a strong healthy boy. You are in all of our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Back