Postwhoring, when too much is too much?

Should severe postwhoring be ignored?

• Yes, it contributes to the forum.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Maybe, limit some postwhoring to certain threads only.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No, it degrades the quality of this forum.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • I dont know/I dont care.

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
U know alex is DEFFY a decidated ader, he actually made this happen i asked some poeple qqs today and i relize HOW MUCH decidated alex is, he spent money for us when he didn t have to, and here we are abusing that, let's chill on that and give kudos to alex for his heartwarming dedication he made for us, and ask him to delete some threads that aren't being used i WOULDN t mind doing that cuz i know alex needs more space and id like ot be able to help alex save his money and we can always make new threads with more fun in it as well doesn't have to be the same shit different day u know??

Lasza had made a valid point too in another post she made in another thread -- what abt those that never posts anything qq whats the point of them being member of AD if they arent going to post anything in the forums qq

Originally posted by javapride
U know alex is DEFFY a decidated ader, he actually made this happen i asked some poeple qqs today and i relize HOW MUCH decidated alex is, he spent money for us when he didn t have to, and here we are abusing that, let's chill on that and give kudos to alex for his heartwarming dedication he made for us, and ask him to delete some threads that aren't being used i WOULDN t mind doing that cuz i know alex needs more space and id like ot be able to help alex save his money and we can always make new threads with more fun in it as well doesn't have to be the same shit different day u know??

:werd:

You know he's kind enough to set up alldeaf.com for all of us and he pays for it. You just can't imagine how much Alex spends to keep this site running.

Originally posted by Fly Free
Lasza had made a valid point too in another post she made in another thread -- what abt those that never posts anything qq whats the point of them being member of AD if they arent going to post anything in the forums qq

I saw that point she made i also made a suggestion in that thread, to send a warning to the people who are aders and ask if they still want to be members if not then ask to be deactivated and give others who DO want to be active and posting as well i know it will mean losing member posting and etc, but wouldn t we be able to give poeple a chance to come in and be themselves? and say something about this as well?? not just sit there and not say anything more so not waste a thread in the introduction if ur not going to be posting? I was wondering that along with my sissy and fly free.

I rarely post too many. I mean If I am not going to make any sense, why post it or say it. I would post when I want to share or say something then fine....

GoldenLeaf, When I read from Page 1-4 I didn't see anybody trying to change your mind but They were just ~~suggestion~~ to keep few things and a ~~friendly reminder~~ sometime Moderators are busy, I remember when I used to be a Monitor at a chatroom, I know how busy it can be but I have a life with my own children and a husband. I don't find a time to read Everything some of post can be worthless to read it if I can't read it in a time some post I can read it fine no problem... Point is when we post something in AD for fun, sharing, news, yelling whatever we all do, yes we do have freedom of speech. but we do have a common sense to post in what we can use and remember we do have some children who walked up to their mom/dad to ask question etc. the children may say "mom/Dad what that mean" Or something like that....

Example when I surf on this AD ( Of course I am hidden I am not ashame for putting hidden because most of time I don't sit front of my laptop or my PC whole time ~~~~ I am very restless person I can't sit and stay I must get up and do something. I tend walk away do dishes, or clean, or laundry, or take dog out for walk, go to store etc~~~~ so there!)
Anyway, when I am surf on this AD I click "view new post" then I would see the forum topics. such as General discussions, Introduction, Penisarium. I would make decision whether to use these first or save it for later because of child/children....

As for the postwhore~ for me, I don't give any shit about how many post you done. It is the post that we all share with everyone to read, look, etc I may make nonsense again about this one...

sometime I would read and laugh. and say Ahh I will post this. I would then I changed my mind because I have nothing else to say so I just forget posting it! since im not going to waste any posting due of bandwidth.

I rarely post pictures on forums because I have my own website but I haven't done any updating since Two years ago. still I pay for my website but I plan to leave that site and get my own so I can do a little more but I have no time to do it!

as for my grammar/proofreading- Sometime I don't have time to do it, and I don't care what I typed etc If I want to have it correct I will check it or so.

But I want to say this is very good topic to talk about it and think about it....

Alex, How about use a donation button from some of us to send you some $ to keep this site open/up or so.

some of you made lot of good suggestions...

I guess that's it :)

Wendy ;)

You may have noticed I have not been posting as often lately. Why?? Because I keep reading senseless posts that is a waste of my time. I hate clicking on a thread and reading 10 posts on one page that has NOTHING related to the topic of the tread. If the postwhoring keeps up, I may not be on as often. I also look for quality, not quantity!

I am like oh, whoa. Yes, I am totally guilty of being a postwhore because I was too excited and posted nonsense comments. :ugh: I felt bad about my sarcastic comments might hurt or insult a few people. A few days after I posted little over 1K and read some silly posts and I realized that I started to lose interest bit plus what's more I have tendonitis in my right thumb, so I have to cut back my postwhoring skills.

I agree with Kuijfe, Freaky, Liza, and Vampy's comments. I understand how Alex feels about too many quantities of posts and bandwidths. Hosting a website is not cheap..talk about $$$ to keep AD forum alive.

Please respect Alex, members, and AD forum. If those people keeps ingoring and keeping going to post too many nonsense comments, either they can face permanent ban or the site might get shut down temporarily...whichever you prefer, Alex.

Agree or disagree with me..that's fine with me. I understand. :shock:

90% of my pics now are hosted on other sites. I spend $5 a month for a tripod site that I have RISD Drama pics on. I have my pics on there or from my xanga. I don't care as much about average and post coun't like I did. I would love 69 posts a day, just cuz it is a cool number, but I really don't care. If Alex deleted both the Have you noticed and pssst threads, it wouldn't bother me at all.

well, i agree with bradley but other situation about postwhoring.. i don't care because i respect and keep enjoy it. :-D

Originally posted by Steel
i earn more posts than alex :o

I vote to ban your ass for that comment. Alex owns AD2. He can tell you what to do even if you post more than he did! Your stupidity never cease to amaze me, Steel. You need to be careful of what you say from now on because you have already pissed off a lot of other people!! I am sure other mods will agree this is considered as your last warning!

<edit>
I want to add.. As for the postwhores who refuse to understand or change their ways, I think you belong to DM and not in AD2!

Last edited by a moderator:
A new ADer's perspective

Ahem...I have been reluctant to post my opinion because I am new to this forum and I don't know anyone here. But now...what the hell...I am voting against postwhoring.

I agree with Kuifje75, VamPyroX, Freaky and others that postwhoring does more harm than good to this site. When I first read posts, I immediately got this impression that there is a competition for the highest number of posts posted. It got me wondering...why is that important? I found myself scrolling at least 5 posts down before finding a post with a full sentence. It is no fun doing that...especially when there are many threads to read. I remember reading some complaints about many people signed up and didn't post. Maybe that is one of reasons why people lost interests in this site.

Please do not take me wrong...this is a good vox populi (voice of the people) site and I love the fact that the membership is diverse. I can't think of any better site to share my interests with Deaf fellows and friends of the Deaf. The Deaf Militant debate had me engrossed. Penisarium is as entertaining as a Jerry Springer show...hilarious and shocking. I think this site has great potentials, but the postwhoring is getting in the way.

That's my two cents worth.

Originally posted by Sabrina
I do not see why can't the member pay like 20 to 25 dollars per year to advocate AllDeaf keeps running forum ? I think, it is not fair to see Alex paid for this out of his pocket while we are not cooperated. :ugh:

Teamwork is most important and respect other people. If anyone who post on their own new thread without no debate. We can use adjustment to remove on our own if we feel that thread is not worth for other members interest to debate or say something.

That way, we can save our space in bandwidith and money. :D

Thanks for kuifje75 brings up our attention as a good teamwork. :applause:

Some ADers already did gave the money to Alex for some donations.

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
Stevey Boy, I was wondering how can I make some donations to Alex for his fine, patience, hardworking AllDeaf site???? Let me know so I can appreciate Alex for everything...

Psst, in my own opinion if it's a fact or not, I want to thanks Alex for allowing people to join AD2 site for free and perhap in the future maybe Alex would start charging the member for AD2. Otherwise if not, it'd be nice if he keep a posting somewhere if somebody else beside me want to make an donation directly to Alex.... :)

Originally posted by Stevey Boy

Where can we send the money to Alex ?

yah let me know as well i do want to donate money to alex as well he had spent enuff on his own money we should particpate and give money to alex as well, and show our deication to keep this AD alive and running on its good wheels so to speak, Alex didn t have to spend 1,500 for an AD to keep it self running BUT he did cuz HE cares!

THanks alex KUDOS to u and keep up the good work PLEASE let me know where i can donate :)

I voted on this... No, it degrades the quality of this forum

I'm still a newcomer to this bullentin board even though I registered almost a month ago. I have noticed many ADers who have more than 1,000 posts - some even have more than 3,000 posts. I see that the "second edition" of AD started last February. Only FOUR months ago!

It got me thinking most ADers don't have jobs or have a life!

I never care for my post counts. I only post what I think is worth MY TIME. I don't have time to sit front of a computer posting worthless posts. Gotta have posts that are worthwhile my time. Right now, I'm having trouble trying to read all the topics all over the place at the same time trying to post in a thread I intend to reply. This is becoming more and more impossible because of too many replies in one thread and the pages grow longer. I wanted to debate on a thread that is considered controversial, but it's becoming exhaustive. So I'm posting in "easy threads" for now until I have lighter daily loads.

Last edited:
well, I read some this thread make me learned my lesson cuz I thought I am postwhore for a fun as enjoy, I never thought it was nothing serious until rencetly some people complain. so I decide to let Alex to remove my post counting to Zero. I am sorry if I did rude and mad some of ADer. I hope you guy can forgive me. I am try to less postwhore. I don't want you think I am ego. I know i am idoit to do that. please forgive me. if you don't I will accept it!! :thumb:

Wow GL74
I am really impressed that you decided to own up to your action. It really takes a man to stand up and apologise. I commend you and I hope that we all can learn from this. Hopefully we can make this a better place.

:applause: @ GL74

Originally posted by kuifje75
Wow GL74
I am really impressed that you decided to own up to your action. It really takes a man to stand up and apologise. I commend you and I hope that we all can learn from this. Hopefully we can make this a better place.

:applause: @ GL74

yeah, I know, I am sorry that way I did to you. but this time I will have to make better post for quailty, you know what I mean!!

Back