Postwhoring, when too much is too much?

Should severe postwhoring be ignored?

• Yes, it contributes to the forum.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Maybe, limit some postwhoring to certain threads only.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No, it degrades the quality of this forum.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • I dont know/I dont care.

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
for your information, I am not gulity for postwhoring!!

Sabrina -- u have a point and sounds like 1 good suggestion -- ive noticed some threads has similar topic from previous threads that has been started and have not been caught on by a mod to lock it and have that certain thread deleted so there wouldnt be multiple threads of the same topic

Vampyrox -- i concur that the "pssst" thread and other worthless threads should be deleted and keep those that have good debative topics -- ive also noticed the ON TOPIC DEBATES forums has since been neglected and nobody really debates much in there anymore and with Freaky's suggestion of retiring her thread thats also fine by me (the HAVE U NOTICED... thread) as i do agree with Freaky -- it has become worthless now and it prolly has out lasted its' lifespan :dunno: granted i do post in there still saying hi to everybody

my other thought is what abt those that seems to have a thing of posting comics/anime *hint hint* but ahh some certain ADers do go overboard with those sort of thing and i personally dont see their validity to the forums -- there was 1 thread that started out as 1 topic and ended up as a totally DIFFERENT topic i was like :shock: and yes ive posted in there *guilty as charged* but did mention that tho

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74

GoldenLeaf.. you just had to waste another post to proclaim your innocence?! :crazy:

well where is the fun and enjoy this website!! I hate plain, rid of this plain, I like to be fun enjooy to get some post, fun sad or happy what I like. Be honest I dont agree with that stupid thread kuifje75. if you don't agree that's fine. I don't bother that topic anyway.

Hey GoldLeaf74 (and anyone dont understand)... I just wanted to make sure that you understand what they are trying to explain and make point.. about "postwhoring" in threads..
they are talking about *no good way* it sound like too much is too much but.. it did/does *abuse* the site.. it takes up the bandwidth spaces and spend more money on sites to expand it will takes up the bandwidth (memory like your computer rams).. it could crash the sites.. I know its so much fun to post and talk back and forth.. but think twice.. ok? for example..
Good example at .... Pssst thread..
or... other example... like this...
Me posted : :wave:
someone posted: :nana:
Me posted: Hi how are you?
someone posted: I am fine.
Me Posted: Great to hear.

it is ok do this like..
me posted: :wave: Hi GoldenLeaf74, how are you today? I am doing great, tired as usual. Know what? I found baby rabbits in my backyard. My kids are exciting and feed them with carrots.
you posted: I am fine!, :thumb: Oh wow, thats awesome. I bet rabbits are cute.. I found something interesting that i saw on sites that i could play game.. (etc etc etc ).....

its better than.. just less 5 words per post or if you want chat, ask that person to meet in Instant message...
if something funny in conversations and ask that person is that ok to copy and paste.. post it to share someone.. something like that.. if that person dont want sn show.. just say.. Mary.. or name.. instead of sn..

I know its so much fun to post and talk back and forth.. but think twice.. it will takes up the bandwidth (memory like your computer rams).. it could crash the sites..

(GoldenLeaf---we are not mad or upset: we just trying to explain... :grouphug: )

Well i am Virginity postwhore.. so less postwhore for me :-D :dunno:

:wave: toodles! its good to be back sometimes :)

That's exactly the kind of post that we would expect from a postwhore!

Ahh, thanks Kootie...

You do really speak for your mind and for some of us. Some of us have thought of that... But didn't really pinpoint of why we really want to enjoy the like of all minds here...

Postwhoring are getting way too far here... (No offense to postwhoring ADers')

I know some of you have high number of posts but with purposeful thoughts and reponses... I do ENJOY your minds. Some of others are just so crazy about how many numbers they have went that far... I know some of you and us have the average or low number posts but they actually do reckon of their and our presences in AD here...

It's like that Kootie actually speak for his mind... Some of us realize that he's right... I now found myself not that interested in some of threads such as...(No offense again, I know) "Have you noticed..." When Freaky first posted it... She actually took her time to explain everything at the beginning... I actually really enjoy that very much until there's too much postings by some same people... I assume that I have lost interest in that and I'm sure that I may have missed some of important threads due to the post-whoring abuses? Oh well... at least it's a good forum and there's always someone who recognize this little problem faster than others... Pardon me that I'm a slow poke! :naughty:

But thanks for opening our eyes in this thread about postwhoring. I know why that I'm not crazy about scoring large number of posts at any forums anywhere. Sometimes it's ok to show that you are laughing, just because you felt and enjoy their thread. Some of them makes you want to be part of it...

I find myself sometimes searching for some threads and they were far behind due to postwhoring...

Anyways, it's just me sharing my thought and opinion about this postwhoring thing... Thanks for your time to hear all of us who want to share our opinions...

I remember that I was member of adv.1? I was just being an observant and now this second version... I became more involved and enjoy here... But I'm tired of postwhorings here... Sorry, postwhores... I'm not naming anyone of you, I sometimes enjoy some of your posts here... :mrgreen:

Oops, I should just stop right now! :lol:

Fly Free

u have a point and sounds like 1 good suggestion -- ive noticed some threads has similar topic from previous threads that has been started and have not been caught on by a mod to lock it and have that certain thread deleted so there wouldnt be multiple threads of the same topic

I post on new thread as I did not realize that somebody did post. I had to delate my thread. I am still new here. ;)

VamPyroX

I did make some suggestion.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3298

I am surprised, there are not many people concern about minor age members to read our adult conversation. I am a mother of two teenagers. I do open mind but otherwise how would other many parents feel to see their children read our thread.

I strongly recommend to put a special password to prevent minor ages. It is hard to tell because some of them did not put their date of birth year on their profile.

I realize, I should have more careful what I said. Oh jeeze...
:Oops:

Spank my ten fingers ! Banned me ;)

i understand your points of views over postwhoring. i am a member of rockclimbing.com and those people and i contribute our money to that site to run and upgrade the website with databases as well.

i thought why not we can contribute small money to AD. 5 or 10 or 20 dollars for a year per person would be greatly helpful to this AD.

just thought...

Originally posted by Sabrina
Fly Free

I post on new thread as I did not realize that somebody did post. I had to delate my thread. I am still new here. ;)

Sabrina --

thats no plm and ppl would point that out posting show thread and have a mod :locked: the thread -- i know some new ADers not realize there have been some other threads related to or is much similar to the thread they themselves have started -- most of them when they have been informed would be grateful that they were pointed out and realized their mistake and not make it such a big deal

after reading this thread and etc. I have to say i agree with kootchie YES I am a woman enuff to admit i do post a bit excessivly but i do type in plenty of words but there are just some that DOESN T need the words typed in and just have a smiley that says it all, I agree at least 5 threads should be deleted, and i also agree all non relvant threads should be deleted what about those ones that are in the BACK pages of the GD u know the 3rd pages, that no one ever goes to, I don t care if i lose points in these threads, its time to expand our minds and move forth, talk about something like school, plans of traveling and etc, something intellegent, and if a thread was already used by another member thats ok, we just recitify the mistake and delete it unless we get someone else to delete it for us IE; the mods, and they would for us, I agree postwhoring has indeed gotten out of hand. seems we re competing now and its taking some of the fun out of ad, time to have more fun and retire some of the threads as well that has exceeded its lifespan... WE should be able to put in our two cent without feeling its irrelvancy.

Originally posted by Sabrina
Fly Free

VamPyroX

I did make some suggestion.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3298

I am surprised, there are not many people concern about minor age members to read our adult conversation. I am a mother of two teenagers. I do open mind but otherwise how would other many parents feel to see their children read our thread.

I strongly recommend to put a special password to prevent minor ages. It is hard to tell because some of them did not put their date of birth year on their profile.

I realize, I should have more careful what I said. Oh jeeze...
:Oops:

Spank my ten fingers ! Banned me ;)
Doing that would require a lot more work. If we wanted to get serious about members who are over 18, we would have to set up something that verifies that the person is over 18 such as using a credit card. First of all, we're not going to go that far plus not everyone has a credit card. Another thing, in order to avoid all of this seriousness of verifying members who are not minors... the best we could do is to ask the member how old they are. However, that kind of thing isn't something that is 100% fool-proof. Anyone could just type in the wrong birthdate and that would screw things up. If you are really concerned about your children viewing this site, you can use NetNanny or something like that to prevent your kids from accessing this site. However, kids are growing smarter nowadays so the internet isn't 100% fool-proof. It might be best if you just go with the flow and let your kids learn on their own. What us moderators can do is to make sure that nudity isn't posted and that swearing isn't too severe. I'm sure that your kids hear or see people swearing at your local mall nowadays so there is nothing we can do about that.

I wonder if members who put their signature huge image size. Will it be running our our sever bandwidith ? Like Java s signature. Will it be hurtful our bandwidith ?

I am just curious

Some of my threads are being deleted so that mean some of your posting in my thread are deleted so don't blame me on this, just wanna let u know and am already taking action on it...

:D I'm practising what I preach about postwhoring now.. I've already asked Vampy to lock and delete my "Have you noticed this?" thread because it has truly gone far off the topic. It is using up too much bandwidth and the postwhoring has truly killed the thread to death. Thanks, Vampy, once again for helping me.

I don't care if my posting are reduced or anything but I rather to have this AllDeaf.com to continue for long as possibly and use less of bandwidth to last us for long time...

I just read through this whole thread. I was the 1st one to admit I did postwhoring. I am sorry. I had fun doing it but now, I don't care as much. IDK if people notivced that I haven't benn posting as much. Some of it has to do with vacation, but I just got bored with postwhoring. I make comments where I feel that I want to.

Once again, I am sorry.

Prostock it's no need to apology, sometime we all tend to jump to say something quickly without thinking twice... but I'm hoping for most of Aders members to delete their worthless threads soon...

Back