Polygamy

I agree.

I know quite a few Deafies here in my city who are involved in polyamorous relationships. Who am I to judge them? I think it's fine.

Polyamory and polygamy are two different terms.

PolyAMORY is when a person has more than one sexual partner. Polygamy is when someone is married to more than one person.

I DO have a problem with polygamy as it's against the law to be married to more than one person at a time.

Last edited:
I find inbreeding very gross but who am I to judge. I sure aint God. Amish people keep their blood pure. I have amish people in my cummunity and not inbred kids. :lol: (incest sex is very wrong,morally.) So I dont care about the state of Utah.

I find inbreeding very gross but who am I to judge. I sure aint God. Amish people keep their blood pure. I have amish people in my cummunity and not inbred kids. :lol: (incest sex is very wrong,morally.) So I dont care about the state of Utah.

...... what does inbreeding have to do with polygamy?

Personally, I don't care what they do. I DO believe that one person should not be married to more than one person. We have enough crap going on with the legal aspect of the marriage institution. This is why the government should just do away with the legal aspect of marriage and leave it up to the religion itself. (As long it does not infringe the rights of ANY individual)

but.... Amish people do marry their family members.....

I live in a neighbourhood that's about 40% Hasidic Jewish. I swear some of them look inbred - I am not being mean when I say this - some of them (not many but some) do bear some telltale signs of inbreeding. They don't fraternize with any Jews but other Hasids, they don't even like Orthodox Jews. They have a lot of relatives from NYC in the neighbourhood (you can tell by the license plates) - probably because they've had to marry Hasids from the NYC community to ensure bloodlines remain healthy and diverse.

I live in a neighbourhood that's about 40% Hasidic Jewish. I swear some of them look inbred - I am not being mean when I say this - some of them (not many but some) do bear some telltale signs of inbreeding. They don't fraternize with any Jews but other Hasids, they don't even like Orthodox Jews. They have a lot of relatives from NYC in the neighbourhood (you can tell by the license plates) - probably because they've had to marry Hasids from the NYC community to ensure bloodlines remain healthy and diverse.

Not the first I have heard of this. An old high school friends' mom use to babysit for a family. One child was chair bond. She took care of him mainly. According to her, the parents were cousins, not sure if first cousins but cousins indeed.

Not necessarily true. There are a lot of Amish who don't marry blood relatives. (Unlike Mormons+Polygamy)

Very few Amish marry close family members. If you traced it back far enough could they be ninth cousins, sure because there are not many in a community, but, bear in mind you can do that with those who are not Amish as well.

I agree

Not keen on the idea of polygamy. Speaking personally, I think the idea of devoting yourself to loving one person with the whole of your heart, deeply, truly and honestly is the best. It's also bloody difficult! Years ago I came across a quote that said something along the lines that a real lover will devote themselves to exploring one person deeply rather than lots of people shallowly. To add a second, or third, or whatever number person dilutes the potential for deep love. Please note that I'm not saying that if a person is in a monogamous relationship that they are automatically exercising deep love, I'm talking about something deeper than that.

Couldn't have said it better MrSmith....devoting yourself to loving one person with the whole of your heart, deeply, truly, honestly...Yeah that's it, it is in fact deeper then love. I believe when I open myself up to someone, body and spirit, and they do the same, something amazing happens, spirits merge.
It has to be the right person and thats why i think it takes some time to know that person is the one for you. Sharing of ones body and spirit is the
giving of a gift that makes life worth living and Love that much more sweet.
The union of spirits is sacred, it means putting the other person 1st
and allowing nothing and no one to come between....Midnight..♥♥♥

I agree.

I know quite a few Deafies here in my city who are involved in polyamorous relationships. Who am I to judge them? I think it's fine.

Same here...I know three Deaf trio in Long Island, man is still married to his wife for about 20 years and he is in relationship with other woman of 10 years. They all live together in a filthy small house and five children - 2 oldest girls from the wife and 2 little boys from the other woman and a baby from the same wife. They don't have many friends to come over their place....a lot of people have been trying to avoid them as well. Feel bad for the kids...

I don't believe that love is a limited resource, or that we can only love one person "the right way".

I don't believe that anyone has any place determining how people live out their consensual relationships, including the government. Gay, straight, mono, poly... if they're consenting adults they should be able to enter the marriage contract with other consenting adults.

Abusive mormon fundamentalists make up a VERY small minority of polygamy in the US. I know several polygamous (not polyamorous, explicitly polygamous) families & none of them are mormon- the one I'm closest to isn't even religious!

Just because it isn't your cup of tea, doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Last edited:
I'm against it. I can't imagine two or three weiners in my 1st hole. *shudders* Reminds me too much of gangbanging sex on tv. :barf:

I'm against it. I can't imagine two or three weiners in my 1st hole. *shudders* Reminds me too much of gangbanging sex on tv. :barf:

... What do your sexual preferences (for hotdogs in your holes, apparently, since you can't say the words penis and vagina like a grown up) have to do... with anything?

What does group sex have to do with poly relationships? You are falsely attributing group sex to them, or sex at all, when that is not always the case.

I think someone needs to grow up a little.

no. it's 2 weiners in 2 holes. or 3 on 3. :)

It is not something I would choose for myself, but if it works for someone else and they are happy and satisfied with the relationship, it is not for me to judge them for their choice. If I want the freedom not to, then I have to also grant the freedom to.

As long as they are all willing, consenting adults that can support their offspring I have no problem with it. I personally could never be in that kind if relationship, but it's no bother to me if another family chose to do it. As long as there is no underage nonsense, incest, or arranged marriages I say more power to them. I think the financial independance would be another important factor though.

I already stated that I support polysexual relationships. From the another, similar thread.

Only I am against is marriage among blood relatives. I feel that is not suppose to allow that such marriage or have a relationship with your close relative. I don't understand why would anybody want to marry a grandmother, a brother, or whoever he is? But I am not sure about cousin marriages/relationships, since the rate of birth desct (I am not sure I spell it right) is low. So I have no opinion on that...

Last edited:
Several people have said that polygamy is OK with them as long as it involves consensual adults. However, in most examples of polygamy that we've seen in the USA, they've included minors, force, and people who live on the fringes of society. Despite talk of equality, almost all cases of polygamy in the USA are about one man "in charge of" several women. Also, it's not about one man supporting several women and children. It's the women who still go to work supporting the families. Sometimes they support the man, too. Where's the benefit in that, for the women?

Does anyone know of any cases of one wife, many husbands in the USA? If so, how did that work out?

Back