Poll= What temperature setting you have you air cond on?

Your temperature setting is?

• Above 80

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Below 77

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, around 90% to 95% Germans own roll shutters. Roll shutters are not cheap but it's worth - forever than keep to pay high electricity bill for use air conditioner during summer time for rest of life...

Amazing... better photos here:
http://www.rollshuttersystemsusa.com/shutters.asp

They're manufactured in Phoenix Arizona
I'm gonna try to find one nearby and stop by
to touch I usually like to see and touch/feel it
before purchase anything. If it works for you,
then it should work for everyone. I am
very surprised that they do NOT show it
at these popular stores such as Home Depot,
Loew's, Sears etc. I noticed
that sunshine ruin the carpet color... I like
the shade... but how can we breathe fresh air
if the rollshutter cover everything ?

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb:'

Well my gf grew up in Nevada out in the desert. When she first live with me in the summer, she kepts windows closed during the day, I said WTF??? She said, no! Keep windows close during day to keep things inside at the temperature where it started during the night when the windows open. So I followed her suggestion. Did it work? You bet! I see the difference. DUring the night the temperature drops considerable and you wanted to use that to cool EVERYTHING inside your house. Then in the morning you want to close the windows to keep hot air OUT and keep the cool air inside. So I decided to do experiment with thermostat. I find it to be interesting, the more often the thermostat, the usage definetly increases!!! So I tried to leave it stable, and man! I saved electric/gas bill significantly! So, I decided to override my programmed theromostat to manual and forget it! The first year when I kept changing the thermostat, my electric usage was 1,800KWH. Now that I didn't touch thermostat, and it is now registering at 1,100KWH!

Y said:
Amazing... better photos here:
http://www.rollshuttersystemsusa.com/shutters.asp

They're manufactured in Phoenix Arizona
I'm gonna try to find one nearby and stop by
to touch I usually like to see and touch/feel it
before purchase anything. If it works for you,
then it should work for everyone. I am
very surprised that they do NOT show it
at these popular stores such as Home Depot,
Loew's, Sears etc. I noticed
that sunshine ruin the carpet color... I like
the shade... but how can we breathe fresh air
if the rollshutter cover everything ?

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb:'

Hello AD ,
Today it's 95 degrees here in florida...set 76 to 78 degrees ,ceiling fans ,close curtains and shades during the day.. :io: close door ! lol

diehardbiker65 said:
So I tried to leave it stable, and man! I saved electric/gas bill significantly! So, I decided to override my programmed theromostat to manual and forget it! The first year when I kept changing the thermostat, my electric usage was 1,800KWH. Now that I didn't touch thermostat, and it is now registering at 1,100KWH!

Interesting. Yeah, it's better to keep it stable the same.
I just want to be sure if I understood so
let me ask just to verify this: Did you mean that
manual is better than automatic programmed thermostat ?

Mine would be 70 to 75 depend on inside temperature for the summer. 75 to 80 for the winter..

rollshutters are popular in fl especially they protect windows from hurricanes or tropical storms. they work good. plus of course they stay cool inside from hazy n hot weathers.

Reba said:
Our central AC is set at 76-77 degrees. If we feel too warm, we turn on the ceiling fans.

I'm surprised how low some people set their AC. Some of those temperatures are lower than my winter heat setting! Brrrrr!

LOL...YEAH SAME HERE IN MINNESOTA DURING WINTER HEAT TEMP IS SAME AVERAGE SET DEGREE DURING SUMMERTIME. BUT I USE IT WITH COLD CONDITION.

diehardbiker65 said:
Well my gf grew up in Nevada out in the desert. When she first live with me in the summer, she kepts windows closed during the day, I said WTF??? She said, no! Keep windows close during day to keep things inside at the temperature where it started during the night when the windows open. So I followed her suggestion. Did it work? You bet! I see the difference. DUring the night the temperature drops considerable and you wanted to use that to cool EVERYTHING inside your house. Then in the morning you want to close the windows to keep hot air OUT and keep the cool air inside. So I decided to do experiment with thermostat. I find it to be interesting, the more often the thermostat, the usage definetly increases!!! So I tried to leave it stable, and man! I saved electric/gas bill significantly! So, I decided to override my programmed theromostat to manual and forget it! The first year when I kept changing the thermostat, my electric usage was 1,800KWH. Now that I didn't touch thermostat, and it is now registering at 1,100KWH!

That is true.

Not only do I keep all my windows and doors shut, I also close the blinds on all my windows. It keeps the house cooler.

LuciaDisturbed said:
That is true.

Not only do I keep all my windows and doors shut, I also close the blinds on all my windows. It keeps the house cooler.

Exactly, that´s what I said in my previous post that I close all of rollshutters on windows and 2 terrace doors to keep every room cool. Use Air Conditoner is not necassary.

See the picture of rollshutter at my house. See that I alway close the rollshutters before heat sun comes.

Set at 75 right now, but sometimes I lower it more cause sometimes the same temperature feels warmer than other times.

I just keep at 60's for rest of day, also 62 at most time.

Liebling:-))) said:
We have air conditioner here in the office but it doesn't help much. *check temperature* - 84 degree.... 103 degree at outside.
Wow! That is really hot! I didn't realize it got that hot in Germany. That is hotter than South Carolina!

I hope they fix your AC in the office. It must be very uncomfortable working in such a hot room.

At first I thought maybe those were Celsius numbers, but of course that wouldn't be right. My bad. :D

deafclimber said:
rollshutters are popular in fl especially they protect windows from hurricanes or tropical storms. they work good. plus of course they stay cool inside from hazy n hot weathers.
I would like to have the shutters for hurricane protection but they are too expensive.

They probably would be good for temperature control but I like to see the outdoors thru my windows during the day, and I enjoy bright sunshine in my house. I don't like a closed up dark house.

Reba said:
I would like to have the shutters for hurricane protection but they are too expensive.

They probably would be good for temperature control but I like to see the outdoors thru my windows during the day, and I enjoy bright sunshine in my house. I don't like a closed up dark house.

Then you dont mind paying a $175 Electric Bill dont you?

Buckdodgers said:
Then you dont mind paying a $175 Electric Bill dont you?
I don't pay that much. We have a 100 percent electric house (2,100 sq. ft.) (includes central heat and AC, stove, washer & dryer, water heater, etc.) for an average of $100-120 per month.

Back