Poll= What temperature setting you have you air cond on?

Your temperature setting is?

• Above 80

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Below 77

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
Well my bill is $185 cause FPL Raised their rates to make all of florida pay for the utility damages hurricane Dennis and Wilma did.

Reba said:
Wow! That is really hot! I didn't realize it got that hot in Germany. That is hotter than South Carolina!

I hope they fix your AC in the office. It must be very uncomfortable working in such a hot room.

At first I thought maybe those were Celsius numbers, but of course that wouldn't be right. My bad. :D

Yes we have hot weather here in southern Germany.

Yes we have AC in the office but it doesn´t help much but rollshutters.

Reba said:
I would like to have the shutters for hurricane protection but they are too expensive.

They probably would be good for temperature control but I like to see the outdoors thru my windows during the day, and I enjoy bright sunshine in my house. I don't like a closed up dark house.

I rather to have every rooms to be cool and protect my children than worry about bright sunshine in my house.

I can enjoy bright sunshine in my house in early of mornings before heat comes... And then later in evening, I open rollshutter to enjoy the view of red sunset...

We just got our monthly electric bill today. We owe nothing! Zero! In fact, we owe nothing this month AND we still have a $7 credit towards next month's bill AND our average monthly bill will be reduced for the entire next year. Yay!

We just got our monthly electric bill today. We owe nothing! Zero! In fact, we owe nothing this month AND we still have a $7 credit towards next month's bill AND our average monthly bill will be reduced for the entire next year. Yay!
Does your electric company do their bills differently?

I've heard of one electric company that charges you every two months based on what you actually used and every other month based on last year's bill.

So, if you used $100 worth in June 2007... you would be billed $100. If you used $150 worth in July 2006... you would be billed $150 for July 2007. However, if the actual use is $75... they will credit $75 to your August 2007 bill. I know it's weird, but that's how they do it. Heh!

What about you?

it is too hot here in Memphis, about 100 degrees. Must have 69 degrees air conditioning.

No A/C here. Many apt and houses do not have central A/C in Seattle metro area because it rarely gets hot in summer months. We have 3 ceiling fans in this townhouse.

The A/C in my room is set to 75 degrees and on low... so my room ranges from 75 degrees to 77 degrees depending on what I'm doing and what the weather outside is like. :)

Does your electric company do their bills differently?

I've heard of one electric company that charges you every two months based on what you actually used and every other month based on last year's bill.

So, if you used $100 worth in June 2007... you would be billed $100. If you used $150 worth in July 2006... you would be billed $150 for July 2007. However, if the actual use is $75... they will credit $75 to your August 2007 bill. I know it's weird, but that's how they do it. Heh!

What about you?
The first year that a new customer lives in the house, the customer pays a monthly bill for the exact amount of electricity used.

After one year, the electric company takes the total amount used, and divides it by 12. Then, for the next year, the customer gets a monthly bill that is 1/12 of last year's total. That way, there are no surprises. The customers always know how much the next month's bill will be for that year.

Then, on the anniversary date of each year, a new total for the previous year is taken, and again, divided by 12 for the next year.

We actually used less electricity last year than the previous year, so we didn't have to make our 12th payment for this year, and we still have $7 credit for next month. Next year's 12 payments will be less, based on our use for this past year. If the rate jumps, then it would also be factored into the next year's payments.

The only time we could possibly have a large final payment is if we sold the house and moved to another area. Obviously they would have to balance out the account.

Years ago, when we moved from one local town to another in this area, we had a different electric company. When we balanced out our account with the other company, they wrote us a check, and then sent us even more money the following year because the company made a profit. They sent us a check (a tiny one) even though we were no longer customers.

I hope that's not too confusing. :)

p.s. If we use more than the estimate, then the balance is just figured into the next year's amount, divided by 12. That way, we don't get hit with a huge end-of-the-year "catch up" payment.

Our house is fully electric (no natural gas, propane or oil), so the electric bill includes everything except water, phone, and cable.

Well, I learned from the news a few days ago to set it at 78 degrees, so we did that. My mother hates to see the bills go high, so she won't let the AC be any lower. I need it at around 70 to be cool. I hate it because it interrupts my beauty sleep. I can't sleep well without waking up if it's set too high. I need a fan.

i like my air conditioner so cold my tities starts to produce icicle i call it tittiy pop

For the moment, I thought buckrodger is making big comeback :D

I usually set my ac at 75. That is good enough. Any lower than that number is asking for hefty bill.

Well, I learned from the news a few days ago to set it at 78 degrees, so we did that. My mother hates to see the bills go high, so she won't let the AC be any lower. I need it at around 70 to be cool. I hate it because it interrupts my beauty sleep. I can't sleep well without waking up if it's set too high. I need a fan.
Well, my electricity is included with my rent... so I don't care. :twisted:

No A/C here. Many apt and houses do not have central A/C in Seattle metro area because it rarely gets hot in summer months. We have 3 ceiling fans in this townhouse.

Oh really? I guess that's time for me to install the AC unit on window, if in case when reside in Seattle.

I prefer to use AC over ceiling fans but understand about waste of electricity.

I need AC to remove humidity, that's help alot.

I set temp 77 degree but not below. My wife will make teeth chattering "electric jaw" if I bump it to 76 or a bit lower. She had temp up to 78 while I bump it to 77. I use ceiling fan in my bedroom to keep room cool. My bedroom windows are permanently covered w/ black trashbags to keep room dark during days cuz I'm just like a hamster sleeping at day and active at night.. My neighbor never complained cuz They thought it was a screen something covering (they didn't realized it's a 55 gallon trashbag itself Shhhh!!).

As for electric bills, I don't care. I have even payment plan tho. I remmy at my old home, I lowered temp to 74 every summer till my A/C pump fan got seized. My neighbor knocked the door and told me that he heard a loud buzzing sound coming from my A/C pump. OOH thank! LOL... I had to take it out and lubricate the fan motor then put it back. It ran much better before I sold the house LOL.

I leave my A/C switched to Auto.

When I was young, My dad always adjusting temp 3 to 5 times a day EVERY DAY!! It's so annoying !! Cuz the house had no insulation. I remmy while my dad was at work, I turned the temp down to 68 then went to dark basment bedroom. OOOHHH NIIIICCEE!! PUUURRFECT Crispy COOL air w/ little humidy!! I crashed in bed and slept so well till my dad got home and he turned temp back to normal. He asked my bro and sis who did mess up temp!! It's goona cost me $$$'s on electric bills!! He was pissed. I didn't say anything and shied away.
LOL

Catty

I have a window a/c in my dorm room and keep the temp hovering around 68-69F. Snickers likes it that way; besides, I sleep in a sleeping bag that's rated -5F so I won't be cold!

my weather is in the triple digits over 100 degrees here. Very hot!

I used to be a person who kept it at 72, but since I got a new nice Trane Variable speed system, it able to keep the house at a much lower humidity, and less humidity makes it feel cooler. I now run the A/C at 76.. if it's really hot, then up to 78.

As for heat, I run it 68 when we are home and awake, and when gone to work or sleeping down to 55.

Back