Poll Vote: Use VP, TTY or both?

Sad? Maybe it is sad that you have not seen UPS Nevermind the United Parcel Service, it is Uninteruppted power supply.

BTW I havent seen black out for a long time, that is since the great Nor'Easter blackout. It was damn fun!

I hope you enjoy the blackout, it mean no VP because of required power on modem, television and videophone. Sad.

It is VP that I am using now. My TTY machine is still in my old college backpack. I have not had it taken out since the day I moved here. :lol:

I use VP, VRS software like P3, Viable Vision for friends, family and I have no idea where is my TTY at ? maybe in storage somewhere in the box with dusty.

dg

I don't use TTY anymore...it's useless. I use relay services on the web or on the VP. Also, use AIM/Yahoo to contact deaf friends or use VP to chat with them, too.

I'm hearing, so I don't have VP service (too expensive) but I do get VRS calls from friends.

I have a TTY because some deaf friends still contact me thru TTY, especially when their electricity or cable is out.

The longest time electricity was out in our community was about two weeks but land-line phones/TTYs still worked. Obviously VPs did not.

Most deaf friends SMS text my BB for short messages. For longer conversations, they contact me thru VRS.

Yes, I know that WFB have TTY for the hearing impaired customer.

Peace

Tty & vp

I have VP200 with Linksys WRT320N router with Comcast Motorola cable modem, but I have TTY in box but I does not have a local phone service right now. I just wanted to save my money. If I need to make VRS call or VP call and use my VP200.
If I don't want to make VRS call , then I will use IP-Relay or I can use my blackberry for IP-Relay.

If I go out of town I will use laptop with webcam or MVP to make call the relay or call someone via VP, if high speed internet is not available and I will use AIM/MSN for IP relay call and I can chat on IM directly to my friends.

TTY? The op must be out of time or something?! lol

Last time I used was back in early 2003, and it's webbed and dusty somewhere in my closet. A relic now!

Gawsh, It's been ages since I've used a TTY. Now, I mainly use the Video Phone for everything else. I don't even know where my TTY is at. It's probably buried deep somewhere in one of those boxes in the storage.

Gawsh, It's been ages since I've used a TTY. Now, I mainly use the Video Phone for everything else. I don't even know where my TTY is at. It's probably buried deep somewhere in one of those boxes in the storage.
Maybe on eof us could just bury it and use it for the time capsule, no?

I'm curious. If a person doesn't have internet service how do they use a VP?

I used vp or iam to use relay or contact friend and family.

My tty is somewhere in a box since I moved to new house 2 yrs ago. So I dont think I will ever use it for the rest of my life. It is dead to me. LOL

if the person use vp and tty but some people forget if they have vco phones so you never know if person use vco phone or captel phone than tty so who know what you all like anyway so i love my vp but still have my tty so i can make a vco call so i hope this will make you think of something in the future for 911 so think about that one ok

I'm curious. If a person doesn't have internet service how do they use a VP?

I have know very few people here in my location, I was shock after ask them for videophone or email address, they don't have computer, Internet or videophone, just use TTY. They cannot afford either Internet or computer.

Never say TTY is dead. Whoever said, they're snob.

I have know very few people here in my location, I was shock after ask them for videophone or email address, they don't have computer, Internet or videophone, just use TTY. They cannot afford either Internet or computer.

Never say TTY is dead. Whoever said, they're snob.
Exactly. I know several deaf people who can't afford internet service. If their friends don't use TTY they have no communication available.

MVP (Purple Netbook) or IM, text with cell phone or MVP.

No worries abt black outs because little netbook can be charged at friends place or at office if boss oks. I use P3 on the netbook of course. It has i711, HOVRS and little netbook also has AIM. I can also use IM video call feature. Phone has Yahoo IM and AIM.

If I need answer MVP at inconvenient moment I can use privacy option and turn off camera using the text feature or call back using i711. Also, it will signal me on cell that I missed call, then I can call back at a better time.

The netbook has wifi feature, but if no wifi available then cant use. If wanted, I could buy a service for my netbook that would give me wifi coverage everywhere. That is expensive, so I use my cellphone for texts or IMs when the netbook has no coverage. Lucky, that is few areas here.

Back